Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Quiet Time Question..
tenderhearts 02:27 PM 10-13-2010
For those of you who allow the older kids to watch a movie at quiet time do you expect them to be quiet with NO talking? Or do you allow low whispering voices about the movie? Maybe I'm just irritated from the day I've had today but normally if I once in awhile hear whispering I let it go but today I'm finding that I'm really annoyed by it. Maybe it's because of the older boy that has already annoyed the heck out of me today. So just wondering.
Michael 03:37 PM 10-13-2010
A similar thread for earlier regarding quiet time: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15055
MarinaVanessa 04:42 PM 10-13-2010
Quiet time is quiet time here. Meaning no talking, no noise. Not even whispering. I do sometimes turn the tv on but it will have near to no volume. They can hear something coming out if the speaker but not enough to hear what is actually being said. This helps them wind down.
Unregistered 05:40 PM 10-13-2010
Every once in awhile, I let the older kids watch tv once the younger ones fall asleep. They all know if they start talking or goofing off, the tv goes off. I only had to do that once or twice before they understood I was serious about it. I rarely have a problem now.
AmandasFCC 06:02 PM 10-13-2010
I don't allow any talking, whispering or anything. They sit still, watch a movie or whatever, or read a book. I have found in the past that if I allow them to make some noise, that always very quickly escalates, and I am not ok with the nappers losing out.
SilverSabre25 06:13 PM 10-13-2010
The nappers sleep in a separate room from the non-nappers, so noise isn't much of an issue. My only non-napper right now is my 3 yo DD and keeping her quiet is next to impossible. She watches Sesame Street or a movie and I'm working on teaching her to be still and quiet--but that's not really in her nature. I do try to keep her activities to be calm and quiet though--if she's not watching her show she can color or look at books or do other quiet activities (I'm working on setting up a bunch of Montessori-style preschool activities for her to do during quiet time)
momma2girls 06:26 PM 10-13-2010
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
The nappers sleep in a separate room from the non-nappers, so noise isn't much of an issue. My only non-napper right now is my 3 yo DD and keeping her quiet is next to impossible. She watches Sesame Street or a movie and I'm working on teaching her to be still and quiet--but that's not really in her nature. I do try to keep her activities to be calm and quiet though--if she's not watching her show she can color or look at books or do other quiet activities (I'm working on setting up a bunch of Montessori-style preschool activities for her to do during quiet time)
All the nonschool age children nap here- even in Kindergarten they have a rest time, some fall asleep at school. They all have to be quiet- the entire rest time, they don't have to sleep, but they do have to lay and be quiet, so the other ones sleep.
My school agers that are off for a day here and there, will be in a seperate area-I used to allow them to go outside, til it just got way too much- going in and out of the door, etc.... then I had them do activities, that didn't work well, reading(only about 5 min. then they were up talking, laughing etc.) so now they can watch movies as long as they are quiet and allowing the others to nap.
Tags:quiet time
Reply Up