Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ontario Canada Providers
AnneCordelia 08:40 AM 12-04-2013
A new bill underwent it's first reading in parliament yesterday. It goes for it's second reading today.

Bill 143 The Child Care Modernization Act proposed that unlicensed providers now have to adhere to these regulations: no more than 5 children under age 6 including the provider's own children, no more than 2 under 2 including the provider's own children. Previously there were no age restrictions, and a provider's own children did not count towards ratio.

78% of families use unlicensed care. If every unlicensed provider let's go of 1 family then tens of thousands will be without care.

We need to speak out now! Please email Liz Sandals, the minister of education, a your own MPP. Have your parents send a letter, as this will greatly affect them as well.

Sign the petition here, and share on Facebook or other networking sites. http://www.thepetitionsite.com/934/6...bbfb=737950336

Here is a sample letter to send to MPP and Moe.
To whom it may concern,

I am writing this letter, as a parent, to oppose the proposed changes to unlicensed daycare in Ontario through the Child Care Modernization Act.

The act proposes to limit the current ratio for unlicensed providers by including the provider's own children in the ratio, and by restricting the ages of children that can be kept. This means that my unlicensed daycare provider will have let go of children who currently attend her legally unlicensed daycare in order to continue within the confines of the law. I, as a part of the 78% of Ontarians who utilize unlicensed care, sincerely hope that my children are not forced from their current daycare, and I feel for the thousands of children who will be.

I am concerned that Bill 143 will cause a further shortage of available daycare spaces, and as such the cost of daycare will increase substantially to account for the demand.

Please reconsider this part of the proposed legislation, and continue to allow unlicensed providers to care for 5 children, not including their own.

Sincerely,
countrymom 09:39 AM 12-04-2013
way too many loop holes. and this all started because a child died, the provider and the parent are both at fault and the ministry. So instead of owning up to their mistake they are going to take it out on us.
Reply Up