Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>2020-2021 Themes and Curriculum
Cat Herder 05:50 AM 07-16-2020
What themes are you planning this year?

Any new activities, crafts or curriculum programs?

Letter, shape, number and color of the week?

Weekly or monthly themes?

Awesome new physical activity programs or plans for inclement weather?

Circle time ideas?

What are you most excited about trying this year?
Annalee 09:22 AM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
What themes are you planning this year?

Any new activities, crafts or curriculum programs?

Letter, shape, number and color of the week?

Weekly or monthly themes?

Awesome new physical activity programs or plans for inclement weather?

Circle time ideas?

What are you most excited about trying this year?
I will be following this because I need something exciting for the kids and myself! Something that together we engage in and enjoy!
Annalee 10:12 AM 07-16-2020
CH, a few years ago BC shared a google link with a "reach for the stars" curriculum program.

I just remembered that and was looking over it.

While Covid is running it's course, I am not having my whole crew every day. While they are all coming, rarely do I have over 7. And I don't see this changing as the schools look to be going back on a hybrid model.

So I may do some emergent week by week activities piecing together and using some of what BC sent me.

I have also looked at some learning bundles on teacherspayteachers?
Blackcat31 10:33 AM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by Annalee:
CH, a few years ago BC shared a google link with a "reach for the stars" curriculum program.

I just remembered that and was looking over it.

While Covid is running it's course, I am not having my whole crew every day. While they are all coming, rarely do I have over 7. And I don't see this changing as the schools look to be going back on a hybrid model.

So I may do some emergent week by week activities piecing together and using some of what BC sent me.

I have also looked at some learning bundles on teacherspayteachers?
I still have that as well. It has several options so it was a worthwhile program. I don't think they are in business anymore but I saved all the files so
Annalee 10:34 AM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I still have that as well. It has several options so it was a worthwhile program. I don't think they are in business anymore but I saved all the files so

flying_babyb 11:18 AM 07-16-2020
Yoga!! we found a youtube video so we watched it and the kids were super excited so were adding yoga in. were also going to do a study of frogs since my boss moved to a house with a pond.
Ariana 11:34 AM 07-16-2020
I don’t really do themes and my circle time is pretty flexible depending on what the kids are into. I follow an emergent curriculum. There is a lady on FB that goes thrift shopping for all kinds of weird and curious stuff. She makes bins of it for the kiddos and changes them out every so often. Its called “Second Hand Treasure to inspire Educational Environments”. It looks so cool so when I open I am hoping to have a good collection to use. I am also working on my outdoor space a little in the same vein of recycled and thrift material. I made a bench today using some old bricks and a 2x4 I found in my garage.
Tags:circle time, color identification, crafts, curriculum, inclement weather, letter of the week, numbers, shapes, themes
Reply Up