Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advertising and Interviews
spud912 02:59 PM 07-12-2016
So I have 4 vacancies coming up in August . Two of them have been filled and I'm actively seeking to fill the last two. I went through my waiting list (which is how I filled the first two spots) so I started aggressively advertising last week. At first there was nothing but now I'm getting 3 phone calls a day on average. This is what it consists of:
  1. Oh, you are in-home and not a center? Nevermind. (this is very clear on my website and all ads)
  2. I know your ad specifically says you run a preschool program and you are seeking a child aged 2-5 years old, but will you make an exception for my infant? He/she is VERY advanced!
  3. Can you start at 4 am/work until 9 pm/do Saturdays/watch my children 60 hours a week?
  4. What are your rates? And then they either say the rates are not bad or they ask for discounts.
  5. They question why 30+ hours is considered part-time. Hey, I am more than happy to charge part-time rates for 30+ hours, it's just going to cost them more than my full-time rates .
  6. They want a variable schedule all over the place, but only want part-time rates.
  7. My services are simply not a good fit but they want to tour anyway.
  8. They question why I am interviewing multiple families for each spot.
  9. Both parents are in school or make meager wages and seem to have no problem paying full-time rates. I know some parents have income from other places, but I can't be the only person who wonders if I will be having problems collecting payment from these parents? My rates are mid-to-high.

Ugh, why is it so hard to find an older child these days?!
Tags:advertising, interview
Up