Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Chickenhauler......
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 11:00 AM 05-03-2010
you need to write a manual. lol. I love your direct no nonsense approach to things!
mamajennleigh 11:03 AM 05-03-2010
I vote for that idea too! Hilarious and no nonsense. Two things my life needs more of.
booroo 11:11 AM 05-03-2010
Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com:
you need to write a manual. lol. I love your direct no nonsense approach to things!

I totally agree!! I could use some his brass or at least a great handbook on what to do in alot situations!!
Chickenhauler 11:49 AM 05-03-2010
Originally Posted by mac60:
Unfortunately not everyone here thinks this "so called approach" is appealing. I personally find it quite rude much of the time.
I think part of the reason why you think it's rude is because you tend to do and want to do the same thing yourself, but the 'norms' of society have bludgeoned you into thinking that you are not allowed to speak your mind on matters that might hurt someone's feelings.

I have always thought of it this way-if someone's being a jerk, tell them. It's very likely they do not realize it, and you may be doing them a service by bringing it to their attention.

In all honesty, I'm just a smartass. Many times my humor is misconstrued as being mean, but I'm a pretty good natured guy. Just got a sense of humor that has no 'off' button.

Not very wise, and far from politically correct, and I don't 'play well' with idiots, so what comes off as rudeness is really what we all want to do, but I have never really cared about being polite to those who are jerks.
Crystal 12:20 PM 05-03-2010
lol! too funny....
fctjc1979 12:25 PM 05-03-2010
Chickenhauler, I hope Greta and new baby are doing well!!
Michael 02:23 PM 05-03-2010
Maybe being the only "other" guy here I find Chickenhauler's comments entertaining. I just wonder if his wife logs in and adds to the conversation. Afterall, she is the provider and MUST have an opinion.
Former Teacher 03:01 PM 05-03-2010
I, too, find Chicken's comments hilarious. Chicken has always reminded me of my husband (outspoken, brunt, to the point, and yet a kittycat underneath it all etc..) and his response to Mac just confirmed to me that Chickenhauler must be my husband's twin!
emosks 03:28 PM 05-03-2010
Chicken reminds me of myself!!
missnikki 03:48 PM 05-03-2010
If we were all alike, we wouldn't have this forum. I personally enjoy your wit, Mr. Hauler. You are on the money most of the time, once the baloney is sifted through. It really is 1/2 common sense, 1/2 patience, and 1/2 balls.

Don't get your head stuck in the door on your way out, though.
Golden Rule 04:01 PM 05-03-2010
I have spent 1/3 of my life in a fire station...Chickenhauler makes me laugh. I get the jokes....AND the point.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 06:06 PM 05-03-2010
lol,.. Im married to a factory worker! I totally get his humor.
booroo 06:46 PM 05-03-2010
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:
I, too, find Chicken's comments hilarious. Chicken has always reminded me of my husband (outspoken, brunt, to the point, and yet a kittycat underneath it all etc..) and his response to Mac just
confirmed to me that Chickenhauler must be my husband's twin!

He reminds me of my brother, I quess that's the reason why I enjoy his comments and charming personality!!
Chickenhauler 07:06 PM 05-03-2010
Originally Posted by michael:
Maybe being the only "other" guy here I find Chickenhauler's comments entertaining. I just wonder if his wife logs in and adds to the conversation. Afterall, she is the provider and MUST have an opinion.
My wife is on here more than I am....(Gretas Little Friends).

She better behaved than I am in public, but she's just as goofy in person.....she had to be, to put up with me.
melskids 02:42 AM 05-04-2010
i think the one thing you have to remember is that when people talk online, its hard to understand their point of view when you can't really "hear" them or see their facial expressions. sometimes i think "wow, that was a little harsh", but i try to remember i dont REALLY know where their coming from, or even know them personally, i always try to think before responding to people who piss me off. i've learned alot from everyone, even those with very different opinions and perspectives. i've learned too, that its easier tosometimes just ignore what i dont like,and move on with my day.

that being said, chickenhauer, i love what you have to say.

that goes for judy trickett as well.

whether they mean EVERYTHING they have to say, whether some of it is politically "incorrect", or if its just sarcasm, i find most of it useful, hilarious, and a breath of fresh air when i'm having a bad day. sometimes a good chuckle during the kids naptime is all i need to allow them to wake up and continue with their day

keep on posting !
momofboys 05:12 AM 05-04-2010
I find your posts amusing. You usually say what I wish I would say, lol! By the way, how is your wife? Has she had the baby yet?
GretasLittleFriends 08:02 AM 05-04-2010
To all of you who say you find him amusing: SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Don't encourage him!!

Originally Posted by michael:
As his wife, I do have an opinion. I think his first post on here is very accurate. Though, don't let him fool you completely. If he tries REALLY hard he can mute the sense of humor when needed (like at my side of the family functions).

He and I are practically opposites. I'm the "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" type; usually. The thread a while back about a new found backbone, yeah, that's usually me. Easily pushed over. I will admit he has started (after 17+ years that we've known each other) having influence on me. He has commented recently he likes the look of my new spine. He's great with the "devil's advocate" game as well.

CH on the other hand, though he may be entertaining, usually just tries to call it as he sees it. One thing about this though, is that everyone sees things differently.

FCTJC1979- Thanks for the thoughts. Baby and I are doing great. I haven't been on here much, as I'm trying to catch up on sleep and learn how to readjust my schedule to that of a newborn, while still trying to maintain my sanity. Planning to reopen next Monday, we'll see how things are this Thurs or Fri.
fctjc1979 09:02 AM 05-04-2010
Good luck!!! I'm due in December. I'm hoping things go well with this pregnancy since my husband will be Afghanistan when the baby is born.

Take naps when baby naps!!!!!
Chickenhauler 10:03 AM 05-04-2010
Originally Posted by mac60:
I guess when the comments are directed to someone else, then it is easy for others to think it is funny, as long as they are not the target. Humor and wit are not the problem, the sarcasm and rudeness is. And you say to let someone know they are being a jerk......Well, Chickenhauler I think you are being a jerk, especially to me. Yea, you can be funny and witty, but to me, you usually are full of sarcasm and rudeness.
You should try the humor and sarcasm part once in a while, you got the rest of it down pat.

Have you ever stopped and thought that maybe, just maybe, you are getting back exactly what you give?
misol 11:55 AM 05-04-2010
Congratulations Chickenhauler and GretasLittleFriends!
Former Teacher 04:38 PM 05-04-2010
Originally Posted by Chickenhauler:
My wife is on here more than I am....(Gretas Little Friends).
You learn something new everyday!
GretasLittleFriends 09:16 PM 05-04-2010
Originally Posted by misol:
Congratulations Chickenhauler and GretasLittleFriends!
Thank you!
Janet 10:57 AM 05-05-2010
I could read a book written by Chickenhauler! I like his style! I even have a working title for it..."Chickenhauler's guide to raising kids that don't suck". It has a ring to it! Honestly, I think that he just puts in writing what I believe but I hate confrontation so I won't say it. My husband does the same thing. I respect that! Don't get me wrong, I stand up for myself, but I don't ever say exactly what I'd like to say. I have to be diplomatic and that prevents me from totally speaking my mind.
booroo 11:17 AM 05-05-2010
Nice. Book title!! What about "Chickenhaulars guide to a stronger spine"
Janet 11:24 AM 05-05-2010
I like that title too!!!! There are so many possibilities!!!!!!
MarinaVanessa 08:00 AM 05-06-2010
Originally Posted by Chickenhauler:
I have always thought of it this way-if someone's being a jerk, tell them. It's very likely they do not realize it, and you may be doing them a service by bringing it to their attention.
Amen, my thought exactly.
Tags:opinion
Reply Up