Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>As I Redo My Handbooks...
newtodaycare22 11:46 AM 11-27-2012
Are there any major issues that you guys discovered this year, that you never had to address before? This is my 3rd year doing it and I think I've included most things except 2 changes that I've decided to make
-All inclusive payment (vs paying field trips separate)
-Permission for certain people to drive the kids, besides myself (as my car recently broke down and we had to use other ways to get home)

Any other unique scenarios that you guys suggest?
blandino 11:53 AM 11-27-2012
I included a new sheet that covers how a spot is not held after you interview. I went into detail about now to go about reserving a spot for your child, deposits, timeframes, etc.

This year I had two issues where parents became very upset when 1-2 weeks after an interview - they called to start their child, and I no longer had the spot. That was really the only new issue I had this year... Oh, and we are changing to a no pay - no stay policy at the first of the year.
allsmiles 01:56 PM 11-27-2012
Originally Posted by blandino:
I included a new sheet that covers how a spot is not held after you interview. I went into detail about now to go about reserving a spot for your child, deposits, timeframes, etc.

This year I had two issues where parents became very upset when 1-2 weeks after an interview - they called to start their child, and I no longer had the spot. That was really the only new issue I had this year... Oh, and we are changing to a no pay - no stay policy at the first of the year.
with your no pay, no stay policy.. is the termination immediate or if they pay few days later with late fee they can come back?? how quickly do you look for replacement?

i am new..tried to implement this and didnt go very well LOL the family just didnt come back.. I know thats an EXTREME case (i almost expected it and is why i required payment.. sometimes you have a FEELING about ppl), but just wondering about enforcement of that policy..
Blackcat31 02:15 PM 11-27-2012
Originally Posted by ladyquana:
with your no pay, no stay policy.. is the termination immediate or if they pay few days later with late fee they can come back?? how quickly do you look for replacement?

i am new..tried to implement this and didnt go very well LOL the family just didnt come back.. I know thats an EXTREME case (i almost expected it and is why i required payment.. sometimes you have a FEELING about ppl), but just wondering about enforcement of that policy..
I have a no-pay/no-stay policy too and my handbook states that after 5 consecutive days without payment, the agreement and/or contract between myself and parent is voided and space is offered to the next in line.
allsmiles 02:22 PM 11-27-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have a no-pay/no-stay policy too and my handbook states that after 5 consecutive days without payment, the agreement and/or contract between myself and parent is voided and space is offered to the next in line.

Reply Up