Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ice=Day off
morgan24 02:49 AM 03-23-2011
It's really icy! I have an unexpected day off. The winter storm warning is going on for the whole day. Guess I have to stay home and catch up on reading.
lil angels 04:05 AM 03-23-2011
Me to schools are closed for the first time this year. I am supposed to have eight kids today and I am hoping that my phone starts rigging soon for lower numbers a girl could wish?
DCMomOf3 04:50 AM 03-23-2011
We have a lot of ice too but school is still open and DCK are here. It's a movie day I think for us.
SilverSabre25 04:54 AM 03-23-2011
It's gonna be 60 here
Zoe 04:57 AM 03-23-2011
It was all nice this weekend, then yesterday it started raining. I thought, GREAT! It's spring!

Guess not...I woke up to nasty icy snow this morning. My DH and I are very impatiently waiting for this stuff to stop so that we can redo our yard and Mother Nature won't make up her mind!

It's not so bad that the schools are closed though. I'm going about business as usual!
MN Day Mom 05:38 AM 03-23-2011
Ice storm here too! Two districts bus from neighoboring towns to my daycare... my kids district is closed but my daycare kids school is open.

All of my day kids made it in.... hope their parents have safe drives to work as the roads are nasty... glad I don't have to drive to work!!
Abigail 12:15 PM 03-23-2011
Does anyone close your daycare when the schools are closed first thing in the morning? Our schools were all closed from the bad weather and I know some daycares have policies that say they follow such and such school's schedule. If you do, do you charge?
Missani 12:20 PM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by Zoe:
It was all nice this weekend, then yesterday it started raining. I thought, GREAT! It's spring!

Guess not...I woke up to nasty icy snow this morning. My DH and I are very impatiently waiting for this stuff to stop so that we can redo our yard and Mother Nature won't make up her mind!

It's not so bad that the schools are closed though. I'm going about business as usual!
Actually, a lot of schools are closed. I was surprised to see it. A high school very near me is closed and I noticed several metro districts are closed. I didn't think it was that bad, but easy for me to say, because my only commute is down my stairs to my basement! Maybe the schools are just too sick of winter to deal with it another day! I know I am!

OP, enjoy your day off! It happened to me about a month ago, and it was a great unexpected vacation day!
Zoe 03:41 PM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by Missani:
Actually, a lot of schools are closed. I was surprised to see it. A high school very near me is closed and I noticed several metro districts are closed. I didn't think it was that bad, but easy for me to say, because my only commute is down my stairs to my basement! Maybe the schools are just too sick of winter to deal with it another day! I know I am!

OP, enjoy your day off! It happened to me about a month ago, and it was a great unexpected vacation day!
Where I am in MN, NONE of the schools closed! I think we got spared some of what I'm assuming you got. My husband works in the cities and it got so bad that he's actually going to stay there tonight.

And yeah, I think some school districts probably didn't want to deal with it. I'm pretty upset that we had such a nice "spring" weekend then THIS happened! Grrr.... Come on Spring! You can do it!
Tags:closed from snow, day off
Reply Up