Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>A Few Questions.....
Unregistered 06:56 PM 05-09-2010
Hi! I'm opening up a daycare starting in August. I have a few questions that I hope you can help me with.

I feel like an idiot for asking some of these questions but here goes....

1. What do you do if you have to call EMS for a child and you still have 5 other children in your care? Do you let the child go in the EMS without you if a substitute or has not arrived yet?

2. Are you allowed to go to the bathroom when you have 5 or 6 children in your care? or do you have to wait until their nap time or when hubby comes home from work?

3. How many big items/climbers is a sufficient amount for outside play for 5 or 6 children?

Thanks!
melskids 03:25 AM 05-10-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hi! I'm opening up a daycare starting in August. I have a few questions that I hope you can help me with.

1. What do you do if you have to call EMS for a child and you still have 5 other children in your care? Do you let the child go in the EMS without you if a substitute or has not arrived yet?

yes, if your subsitute has not yet arrived, you will have to send them in the ambulance alone. you cant (at least i wouldnt)take the others with you or leave them alone. it would be scary, i'm sure, for the child, but most emt's are trained to calm people down.
2. Are you allowed to go to the bathroom when you have 5 or 6 children in your care? or do you have to wait until their nap time or when hubby comes home from work?

technically, no. do i sneak sometimes, yup.

3. How many big items/climbers is a sufficient amount for outside play for 5 or 6 children?

i have 2 climbers and a wooden swingset with a slide

Thanks!

hope this helps a bit!
Pammie 04:14 AM 05-10-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:

If your back-up hasn't arrived, then the child would have to be transported to the hospital alone. However, with an emergency call to parents - immediately after calling the EMS, most parents will be able to be either at the hospital to meet the squad there, or at your home before the squad transports.

Technically no. I always make a last minute bathroom trip before my first child arrives, and then I'm usually good until nap time. However, there is the occasion that I simply "can't wait" and then I make sure all the doors are locked, the kids are occupied with some books - and then go really fast

Depends on the ages of the children. I have kids here infants through 12. I have one climber, one playhouse, a kiddie picnic table and a sand/water table...in addition to balls, riding toys, etc.

Thanks!

Best of luck to you in opening your daycare!! I wish I had a resource like this when I opened mine 23 years ago
Tags:climbers, outside play
Reply Up