Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Questions for New York Licensed Dayacre Providers! :)
daycaremom1 06:22 AM 01-07-2011
I will be a licensed group daycare provider hopefully by March or so, I am in the process right now. I will have 1 assistant on a when I need her basis, and a couple of subs for when she can't help out.

I am stressing about all the tax, unemployment info and etc. Do I have to pay unemployment? Does anyone esle have an assistant and wouldn't mind letting me know how this all works?? Do I withhold her taxes, and then send them quarterly??? So many questions!!! I have never had an employee, so I don't know. Thank You!!
Michael 02:19 PM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by daycaremom:
I will be a licensed group daycare provider hopefully by March or so, I am in the process right now. I will have 1 assistant on a when I need her basis, and a couple of subs for when she can't help out.

I am stressing about all the tax, unemployment info and etc. Do I have to pay unemployment? Does anyone esle have an assistant and wouldn't mind letting me know how this all works?? Do I withhold her taxes, and then send them quarterly??? So many questions!!! I have never had an employee, so I don't know. Thank You!!
You should ask your CPA. I would only take advice from a professional on this topic.
melskids 08:25 AM 01-08-2011
i'm in NY too, but only family daycare, not group. i was going to suggest the same thing as Michael. i think besides unemployment, you have to pay disability insurance too. but, your best bet is to talk to a CPA.
DaycareMama 06:42 PM 01-08-2011
I am in Ny and going thru the same thing right now. I just this past week opened a business banking account and bought intuit payroll to pay my assistant. You do have to pay disability insurance seperatly but im not sure how yet. The Intuit system seems pretty easy. You order your payroll paper and input your pay information and it figures everything out for you also printing a paystub and check from home. Im curious what you find out if you don't mind keeping me posted. This is the first time I am ever paying anyone also and hope im doing it right. Good luck
Tags:assistance, private contractor, workers comp
Reply Up