Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Total Lazy Butt Today
dEHmom 12:12 PM 01-13-2011
Well no kids today!
I don't think I've done much if anything at all. i had to clean up some dog messes and I did about 1/2 of my dishes, then decided I didn't feel like it so I stopped.
I spent nearly all day on daycare.com and i feel like I want a nap now.

Feels great!
lvt77 12:17 PM 01-13-2011
you're making me jealous....lol...but nap time is finally here...5 asleep, 1 to go.....
SilverSabre25 12:25 PM 01-13-2011
ah, freedom is wonderful, isn't it! Enjoy!
dEHmom 12:26 PM 01-13-2011
Now I'm running out the door to go get girls from school. 2 yr old peed and pooped his pants! erg, I knew i shouldn't have opened my mouth.
momma2girls 12:34 PM 01-13-2011
It sure is nice to have a day free isn't it? All my days I have free, I requested due to my vac. days or my Holidays and that is it.
dEHmom 01:04 PM 01-13-2011
yeah except none of my days are truly free.
I have 3 kids of my own (in the avatar up there), ages 6, 4 and 2 (4 will be 5 on feb 4, and 2 will be 3 on feb 5), thank goodness 6 yr old in school because she bickers with the boys non stop and tells me what I should or shouldn't be doing!

Then at 4 pm hubby gets home, and I have to run out the door for something. Mondays I have school from 6:30-9pm, Tuesdays daughter has dance from 6-7pm, wednesday 2 yr old and I have to go in pool for swimming lessons at 6pm, and thursdays 4 and 6 yr olds go into pool at 6pm (thanks goodness I just have to watch!).
Come summer, they will still be in swimming, and then add soccer 2 nights a week for each kid. Last summer it worked well with daughter on monday wednesday and son on tuesday thursday, this year there will be the 3rd kid in soccer as well, and I have no idea how that will work.

No wonder Mcdonalds is a multi gabillion dollar company
dEHmom 01:05 PM 01-13-2011
p.s. we don't eat mcdonalds very often, but i can understand how some might.
Blackcat31 01:18 PM 01-13-2011
One of our local daycares offers pre-assembled meals to parents who have a crazy schedule like that. They get, for example, a pan of lasagna, salad, garlic bread and it serves 4-6 and all you have to do is bake it. The parents can pre-order for as many nights as they need for the week when they know they won't have time to prepare a complete meal. When they pick up the kids, they pick up the complete meal too. The cost is like $15-20 which is comparable to a trip through the drive thru for a family of 4 I think and much more nutritious. The provider just adds it to their weekly bill. I think it is a great idea and helps defer the drive thru....kwim?
legomom922 04:10 PM 01-13-2011
Originally Posted by Baybee0585:
Well no kids today!
I don't think I've done much if anything at all. i had to clean up some dog messes and I did about 1/2 of my dishes, then decided I didn't feel like it so I stopped.
I spent nearly all day on daycare.com and i feel like I want a nap now.

Feels great!
I love it now that I only have 1 DCG here Tues/Wed and all of my other days are free!! I can actually really enjoy my days now! Put your feet up and have some tea!
missnikki 04:27 PM 01-13-2011
I have one kid left (usually 4-5 left by now). She's going home within a half- hour. When I get home, my 13 yo DD is with grandma tonight for a special treat, and my DH is at work.

I think I'm going to do some yoga, take a bath, crack wine, and watch bad reruns of Blind Date. That show ALWAYS makes me feel great about myself...haha
dEHmom 05:00 PM 01-13-2011
Yeah.
Swimming was ok, but my kids were a little hyper leaving. Had to yell 3 times for them to stop! A truck even had to stop just because of my kids! So embarrassing! GRRR.....They jsut bolted on me as I was zipping my jacket up, and kept going. They didn't run on the road, but it sure scared me thinking of them slipping and sliding onto the road.

Pizza was here when I got home, put my jammies on, and visited for a bit with hubby and his old bud, ate some pizza and came on daycare.com!

not sure if that woman is coming tomorrow anymore or not. She never responded to my email about what hours she wanted. I did ask her on the phone the first day to just let me know if she changed her mind about friday, and she reassured me she would. it's still fairly early, but if I don't get an email before I go to bed, I'm no going it tomorrow
Tags:day off
Reply Up