Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fever With Few Other Symptoms
PeanutsGalore 08:54 AM 04-27-2011
Quick question: have any of you ever had a kid running a high, intermittent fever with no other symptoms of illness other than crankiness and pale palor?
elle73 09:05 AM 04-27-2011
My son had a fever of 104 and no other symptoms, he was fine in the morning running around playing then all of a sudden got this fever, I took him to the DR and it ended up he had ear infection in both his ears. Also my daughter gets very high fevers with no other symptoms quite often and the Dr always says its just viral and let her rest.

Hope this helps.
PeanutsGalore 09:22 AM 04-27-2011
It does, thank you. I
PitterPatter 10:15 AM 04-27-2011
Originally Posted by PeanutsGalore:
Quick question: have any of you ever had a kid running a high, intermittent fever with no other symptoms of illness other than crankiness and pale palor?
Probably an ear infection. That's exactly how my son was last week!
Missani 01:02 PM 04-27-2011
I've had that myself before. About 2 years ago I ran a high fever (103-104) for 3 days, but I felt totally fine. I was a little tired and looked pale, but I didn't feel sick. I didn't work in daycare at the time, so I called work and asked if I should come in or not (lol). They told me not to the first day, so I got a "vacation" day! The next day I went to work because I was bored and everyone gave me sympathy because I never called in sick. Sympathy for what? I felt fine! It was weird, but it must have been a virus and it has happened to me! Not sure if that helps you....
Tags:ear infection, fever, infection
Reply Up