Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Good Tracking And Communication Software? What Are You Using?
Nona 12:55 PM 03-06-2014
Hi,

I came across this app for tracking diapers and feedings and to communicate with the parents. It looks pretty good but I wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with it and what they thought. It's called Daily Connect (dailyconnect.com is their website I think).

Anyway I found this coupon code for them "MOMTRUSTED" so I'll probably try it if no one gets back to me since I can download it for free.

What else do people use? Is there another good app that you think is better? I would really love your help on this!!

Thanks for your help!!
Nona
Blackcat31 01:00 PM 03-06-2014
Another thread about Daily or Baby connect

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65928
blandino 01:01 PM 03-06-2014
We use the tadpoles app. (www.tadpoles.com)

It isn't free, and it doesn't necessarily connect you to the parent, i.e. you can't see any information coming from them. But it allows you to fill out daily reports electronically, and also take and send pictures/vidoes with one tap (it also stores the pictures for you, so they don't take up space on your phone). Parents can purchase the app for their phone, but I've never had anyone do it - they are all fine with getting the emails.

We love it so far. It is also nice, because it lets me keep copies of all the daily sheets/accident reports for my documentation.
Kcole1075 01:19 PM 03-06-2014
Please let me know how you like daily connect. I am thinking about maybe getting now after looking at the website.
jenboo 01:41 PM 03-06-2014
I use daily connect and love it. I didn't tell parents that they could download it and see as i update. I didn't want to feel like i was being watched and I usually update everything during nap time.
I love that I can update everyone at the same time (with like 3 clicks I can add lunch into every ones day). I just send the email to the parents at the end of the day. They all love it.
mountainside13 07:16 AM 03-07-2014
I use Daily connect! I only use it with the young children now. The parents check it to see how they are doing and they LOVE it!!! During the interview, I tell them that I do my best to keep it up to date but some days are busier and I can't update it right away. Just because it looks like Susie hasn't had a diaper change in 5 hours, that is not actually the case I had 1 parent call me concerned that I hadn't changed her diaper in 5 hours. I don't her that's not the case (obviously) I'm paying attention to the children and not paying attention to my phone
Jack Sprat 12:32 PM 03-07-2014
I have used baby connect. Its great!

However, I felt that DCM was combing over it with a fine tooth comb. For instance, I didn't record changing babies diaper so I got a text asking why I let her sit in a wet diaper for 4 hours. I wasn't nice and explained that I forgot to record the change and I sure hoped she didn't think that really did happen. ANYWAY, I do like the app and plan to use for my next infant. I think the cost was $5 and would email her the report right after her last feeding.
Tags:software
Reply Up