Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ideas for Attracting New Parents to My New Preschool?
Hartingirl 02:55 PM 12-26-2014
Good evening!

I am a licensed and certified teacher and have been working for the last year to create my own in-home preschool program. I think I've created something really wonderful with lots of beautiful learning spaces, an outdoor classroom, wonderful resources, a large student garden for planting, cultivating, and harvesting, and more. I am offering a variety of enrollment choices (which are not available in most other daycare/preschools around me), and have researched my competition and have set my prices for what I believe to be fair given what I'm offering (higher priced than unlicensed or more "daycare-like" home/center settings, but more affordable than most of the large centers around me). I have built a bit of a following in the process of becoming licensed and registered here in Florida.

I know this is probably a tough time to start in this business. However, I've had NO inquiries for a tour, and my research showed me that my services are most definitely wanted and needed in my area.

I'd love to offer some sort of a special or a deal to attract new parents in the New Year, but I also don't want to sell myself short or look too "cheap". You know?

Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you SO much!
daycarediva 03:10 PM 12-26-2014
How are you advertising? Before I went to 'deals', I would really advertise. Website, facebook, craigslist, flyers everywhere, do an open house, etc.

If that didn't help, THEN I would offer deals, like half off first week, $50 referral incentive, no registration fee
nothingwithoutjoy 04:14 PM 12-26-2014
People need to see your beautiful spaces, and spread the word for you. Get photos out there any way you can, and I'd definitely do an open house (that's how I got all my first kids). If people won't come for an open house, do an event in your space (a workshop for families? an art day for kids?). Good luck!
Unregistered 04:19 PM 12-26-2014
I'd hold out on deals too. Advertise, advertise, advertise! Flyers, open houses, tours, magnetic sign on your care from vista print, business cards.....hand them out often! Talk to everyone about your preschool! Oh, create a brochure too.

I agree......I taught in a private 1/2 preschool program for ten years. I hate to say it, but Dec./Jan would be a tough time to open.

I am also a licensed teacher and would love to do this, but my state offers free 4k. I'm seriously thinking of offering a 2 yr old and 3 yr old program.
Unregistered 04:53 PM 12-26-2014
That's magnetic sign on your car, not care! ;-)
kendallina 05:37 PM 12-26-2014
I agree with PP who suggested getting pics of your space out there (as well as advertising to parents of your credentials). Do you have a website that comes up in searches? Also, do you have any way of getting to know parents in the area...do you have young children that you could take to library story times?
Hartingirl 06:17 AM 12-27-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
How are you advertising? Before I went to 'deals', I would really advertise. Website, facebook, craigslist, flyers everywhere, do an open house, etc.

If that didn't help, THEN I would offer deals, like half off first week, $50 referral incentive, no registration fee
This is great advice. I've actually advertised mostly on FB ("share this post!") and Craigslist, but I have yet to do any flyers or anything else. Thanks so much!
Hartingirl 06:18 AM 12-27-2014
Originally Posted by nothingwithoutjoy:
People need to see your beautiful spaces, and spread the word for you. Get photos out there any way you can, and I'd definitely do an open house (that's how I got all my first kids). If people won't come for an open house, do an event in your space (a workshop for families? an art day for kids?). Good luck!
Oh, great ideas!! Thank you!!!!
Hartingirl 06:19 AM 12-27-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I'd hold out on deals too. Advertise, advertise, advertise! Flyers, open houses, tours, magnetic sign on your care from vista print, business cards.....hand them out often! Talk to everyone about your preschool! Oh, create a brochure too.

I agree......I taught in a private 1/2 preschool program for ten years. I hate to say it, but Dec./Jan would be a tough time to open.

I am also a licensed teacher and would love to do this, but my state offers free 4k. I'm seriously thinking of offering a 2 yr old and 3 yr old program.
I LOVE the magnet on car idea! Thanks so much for suggesting that!
Hartingirl 06:20 AM 12-27-2014
Originally Posted by kendallina:
I agree with PP who suggested getting pics of your space out there (as well as advertising to parents of your credentials). Do you have a website that comes up in searches? Also, do you have any way of getting to know parents in the area...do you have young children that you could take to library story times?
I do have a website, but have been working hard on SEO... it's a beast!

I have young kiddos, so the library idea is a great one, for sure!
Stepping 09:42 AM 12-27-2014
Are there any online parent forums, blogs or facebook groups in your area? I did most of my advertising for free in these sites during the start up process and it worked really well. Put as many photos of your space on your posts as you can.

Also, I built a website really quickly and easily using wix.com. Here's mine:
www.steppingstonesnurseryschool.net
Controlled Chaos 02:03 PM 12-29-2014
Originally Posted by Stepping:
Are there any online parent forums, blogs or facebook groups in your area? I did most of my advertising for free in these sites during the start up process and it worked really well. Put as many photos of your space on your posts as you can.

Your website is beautiful. I want to come to your daycare!
Learning Daycare 03:32 PM 12-29-2014
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
Your website is beautiful. I want to come to your daycare!
I was thinking the same thing!
daycare 03:39 PM 12-29-2014
Originally Posted by Stepping:

I love your site....what did you use to make that water wall I sooooooo want to make one
AnythingsPossible 06:07 AM 12-30-2014
I dont know how large of an area you live, but in our town the local newspaper runs stories on new businesses frequently. Business owners call the paper and tell them about their business then the paper comes and does photos and runs a story. Something to look in to. Get some business cards and spend time at local parks talking to families and getting your name out there. Print out flyers with pictures of your facility and main points and put them in places frequented by families.
A home child care 11:03 AM 08-15-2016
Good morning every one!!!
I am a home sitter mom has 2 girls and I have a 12 year of childcare experience.
We will have a breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snacks, cookies organic fruits and veggies at home child care.
I am not smoking, drinking, my family doesn't smoke or drink too.
We love kids and decided to open a day care at my apartment, it has a space to play and study 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment. And we will have outdoor games and fun!!!
My family and I have all flu shots as needed: chicken pox...
And I also have an experience for nursing for 12+ years.
Thanks hope you will annoy
More information contact or text.
Reply Up