Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Schedule Needs to Change
Oneluckymom 12:24 PM 11-11-2011
So in theory lunch was supposed to be at about 12 and then outdoor time then nap. Well my baby and 19mo DCG get here at about 8 - 8:30 and then DCG wants to nap at 10:30....she really lets me know, trust me She naps until about 1pm.

so I need a nice routine including indoor playtime and a morning snack, lunch etc. I would love to have a easy routine with these two! Any ideas?
cheerfuldom 05:42 PM 11-11-2011
you need to get everyone napping at the same time for at least one nap a day. you might need to put the ones that want to sleep at 10, down for a short early nap as soon as they get to daycare, then keep them up till nap time.

I have to do this with two of my toddlers right now. They nap as soon as they get here and I wake them by 9:30. That is the only way to make sure that everyone goes down for a nap from 12 to 3.
Oneluckymom 10:49 PM 11-11-2011
I was thinking an earlier nap may be better too. Would that mean lunch is around 11 or so?
wdmmom 09:10 AM 11-12-2011
Any child under 2 that comes in before 9am goes down for a morning nap right when they get here. The other morning, my 15 month old was up at 430am. A nap time right at 730am, you betcha!

Get them in the same routine. Very seldomly does my 15 month old give me grief, but when he does, he goes down for afternoon nap about a half hour before the others.

Works perfectly. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
athomemommy 12:00 PM 12-02-2011
Where do you put them. Do you just lay them down and leave or stay until they fall asleep. What do you do with the other kids are they to be quite during this time and does that work.
Tags:lunch, routine - lack of
Reply Up