Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Enrollment
wowlc 01:15 PM 09-10-2013
Hello all! I am currently opening a new center in GA. We have been trying to get enrollment now for several months and it just seems like nothing is working. I have a website, about 10 posts on Craigslist, signs out, flyers, currently offering 2 weeks free, lowered my rates and more. I've exhausted all efforts and I've only had 2 enroll Ive had an in home daycare for 5+ yrs and have been VERY successful. Im not really understanding why this hasn't become just as successful. Im doing pretty much (with the exception of a few things) everything the same as I have been. Any tips/suggestions? I'm desperate at this point.
Blackcat31 01:40 PM 09-10-2013
Originally Posted by wowlc:
Hello all! I am currently opening a new center in GA. We have been trying to get enrollment now for several months and it just seems like nothing is working. I have a website, about 10 posts on Craigslist, signs out, flyers, currently offering 2 weeks free, lowered my rates and more. I've exhausted all efforts and I've only had 2 enroll Ive had an in home daycare for 5+ yrs and have been VERY successful. Im not really understanding why this hasn't become just as successful. Im doing pretty much (with the exception of a few things) everything the same as I have been. Any tips/suggestions? I'm desperate at this point.
Doesn't Georgia have FREE preschool for kids? If so, that may very well be the issue.

Otherwise, I suppose like everyone else in the country, enrollment is down since costs are up and more and more families are relying on relatives, neighbors and/or friends to provide care for them.
wowlc 07:39 PM 09-11-2013
Well...Ga does have lottery funded pre-k, but most if the faith based/church pre-k is private, which means fees are associated. We only have 1 pre-k class with only 10 spots to fill and we live in a predominantly wealthy area. There are 2 centers (wont name names) down the road that charge $300 per week...$300 PER WEEK and we're only charging $185. And we offer the faith based curriculum with a small setting. No more than 10 in a room.
nanglgrl 09:10 PM 09-11-2013
The problem may very well be that you're charging too little and parents are looking at that as you saying you're not worth much. Another thing I've noticed (as I also live in an area with a lot of wealthy people) is that the daycare a child attends is a status symbol for a lot of wealthy people. They want people to know their child attends XYZ daycare and that it's the most expensive daycare in town.
Tags:daycare center, enrollment, helpful tips
Reply Up