Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Off Topic, Kind Of A Vent
daycare 10:22 AM 10-25-2011
Well, kind of a vent and maybe some advice needed.

I have 3 kids of my own and married. I run DC with 3to 6 kids daily 12+ hour days. All of my own kids are heavily active in sports and have a heavy load each week.

During the school year, I carry the load of the entire house. Inside, outside, garage, lawns and everything that goes with keeping house.

My two older kids are in Jr and Highschool. My highschooler goes to school almost 13 hour days and my daughter about 10.5 with all of her activities and tutoring. So they don't really have anytime to help me with anything.

Then my little man that is always with me, 7 days a week and he does not sleep through the night. I am the one who gets up with him at night and wakes with him early in the morning. He also has his activities that run 1-2 days a week.

My husband works one job in EMS/Fire 3-4 days a week. He has a very comfy job. he works 12 hour days, but majority of the days he works it's all down time. He works the beach area and on average runs 1-3 calls a week, while he sleeps the rest. I know that when he does gets calls, that sometimes there is a lot of stress and hard work that goes into his job. He comes home late and I am usually already asleep. He will often stay up all night long playing video games, going to the gym or watching movies becuase he got to sleep all day long. So on his days off he sleeps 90%of the day and then carries on the same schedule. He got accepted into medical school, but didnt finish his paper work on time so he didnt start when he was supposed to. So he decided to enroll in a golf class, just to be in school and please me as i was angry.

I have never been one to keep score, but lately I have been feeling under the weather and I have an illness that requires medical attention on an on- going basis. I really need to go to the doctors, but I have not had any down time to go. One of the daycare families that I had was not picking up on time and therefore I missed my appts. 3 times in a row. I just actually made an appt. for next week and this family is now gone, so I will be able to go.

I have never been one to keep score, but I just want to know if you think this is fair. I have asked him for help with everything from everyone, but so far I have not gotten any help of any kind.

I feel like I am at my witts end and I just don't know how to get to being happy again....
Tags:husband - helping out, overwhelmed, unappreciated, vent
Up