Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
Mike 03:27 PM 09-05-2017
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
Today is my birthday and it has been extra hard. All of the babies want to cry all day long. Parents lie about how they eat and sleep. My two year old kept me up half the night. Now i have an interview coming at the end of today. I just want this day over super fast!!
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
Happy Birthday... Hugs

We should celebrate together because it's my birthday too LOL; I just had a family pull @ lunch because mom got fired this morning (last week she gave 2 weeks notice to work that she was quitting due to being bullied by the bosses daughter). I also totally feel like garbage because of the rainy weather, so I get it.

We can have an online celebration with all our friends
Happy Birthday to both of you.
LysesKids 04:18 PM 09-05-2017
And I called it. The only parent who is stuck in bad weather when others work further away and picked up at 450. She is going to be at least 20 minutes late, maybe even later.
That's alright, I had my 5pm one picked up at 550 and I had dinner plans at 6pm. Guess what got cancelled? At least I have free birthday food coupons, so I still don't have to pay for a meal, but there was no way to make the reserved table when the pick up was so late - My friends and I are trying again this weekend when I am actually home - Last weekend I was in WV & MD for my 3 day lol.

Pink Champagne, a strawberries and cream cupcake ( Free from GiGi's) and a fresh made Poke bowl from my Sushi gal. Tomorrow night I have my choice of free burgers or dinner from 6 places lol ( not to mention the $35 gift card my son gave me)
Miss A 04:19 PM 09-05-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
In my new contract I actually have parents sign stating that they have back up care in the event of an emergency.

So my response would be "What happened to your back up care?"

Hope your baby feels better soon!
Oh my goodness, I am going to add this to my yearly days off letters that they sign and send back, and to my contract when I update it. Thank you so much!

My baby's eyes look SO much better today, but his attitude is not so fun. Fingers crossed tomorrow goes smoothly!
LysesKids 04:23 PM 09-05-2017
Originally Posted by Mike:
Happy Birthday to both of you.
Thanks
amberrose3dg 03:58 AM 09-06-2017
That's alright, I had my 5pm one picked up at 550 and I had dinner plans at 6pm. Guess what got cancelled? At least I have free birthday food coupons, so I still don't have to pay for a meal, but there was no way to make the reserved table when the pick up was so late - My friends and I are trying again this weekend when I am actually home - Last weekend I was in WV & MD for my 3 day lol.

Pink Champagne, a strawberries and cream cupcake ( Free from GiGi's) and a fresh made Poke bowl from my Sushi gal. Tomorrow night I have my choice of free burgers or dinner from 6 places lol ( not to mention the $35 gift card my son gave me)
Aww, I live in WV right between MD and VA. It was a good compromise for us as my husband's family is in VA and most of mine is in MD.
The storm ruined my dinner plans too. Ended up with Chinese from down the street.
LysesKids 05:25 AM 09-06-2017
Aww, I live in WV right between MD and VA. It was a good compromise for us as my husband's family is in VA and most of mine is in MD.
The storm ruined my dinner plans too. Ended up with Chinese from down the street.
Where AT? I was running the 81 corridor every day lol... took the Blue Ridge Pkwy part of the way home. I have family in Martinsburg, Frederick & Gaithersburg lol. I grew up in Rockville parts of NOVA
amberrose3dg 05:31 AM 09-06-2017
Where AT? I was running the 81 corridor every day lol... took the Blue Ridge Pkwy part of the way home. I have family in Martinsburg, Frederick & Gaithersburg lol. I grew up in Rockville parts of NOVA
Right outside Martinsburg near the MD line. 81 is 4 miles from my house. I grew up in Baltimore and my husband grew up in Loudoun County, VA. We settled here because of the house costs in Frederick, Loudoun and even Washington county. My bil is in Frederick and sil is in Berryville.
LysesKids 05:35 AM 09-06-2017
Right outside Martinsburg near the MD line. 81 is 4 miles from my house. I grew up in Baltimore and my husband grew up in Loudoun County, VA. We settled here because of the house costs in Frederick, Loudoun and even Washington county. My bil is in Frederick and sil is in Berryville.
I use to Run my childcare in Spring Mills before it got as big as it is lol... I lived in Baltimore too for a short time - it's where my youngest was born, Small world lol. We should meet when I come up for Thanksgiving ( It's also my sons Birthday that Friday lol) And I totally get the housing cost... it's part of why I moved away
lovemykidstoo 05:50 AM 09-06-2017
Originally Posted by KiddieCahoots:
When your 3.5yr pokes you in the breast with a toy drill pretending to shoot you in front of another parent. And the next day mom laughs while telling you that little So in So, admitted to "trying to kill you".
UGH! I had a similiar yesterday. Brand new dcm brought her 9 month old baby for her first day and my trouble child that I've written about in different threads pointed a toy at me and said "I'm shooting you". I know that kids used to play like that all the time. When I was a kid we played cops and robbers, cowboys and indians, tied each other up to trees etc. But some people are so crazy about that kind of stuff now. So, I do limited shooting "people". They can shoot the squirrels, birds etc all they want. Hypothetically of course lol. So that was ackward.
lovemykidstoo 06:27 AM 09-06-2017
One of my 3 1/2 yr old dcb's just told my husband he was fat. Good grief.
amberrose3dg 07:22 AM 09-06-2017
I use to Run my childcare in Spring Mills before it got as big as it is lol... I lived in Baltimore too for a short time - it's where my youngest was born, Small world lol. We should meet when I come up for Thanksgiving ( It's also my sons Birthday that Friday lol) And I totally get the housing cost... it's part of why I moved away
Cool, I live in hedgesville! I wasn't sure if you know what that was but since your know where Spring mills is in assuming you do.
I'll be around for thanksgiving. Christmas taking the kids to Disney!
LysesKids 08:04 AM 09-06-2017
Cool, I live in hedgesville! I wasn't sure if you know what that was but since your know where Spring mills is in assuming you do.
I'll be around for thanksgiving. Christmas taking the kids to Disney!
Oh I had tons of friends in Hedgesville lol. I had a doublewide in the newer section of Rocky Glen; kids were bussed to Hedgesville for High school, but the Elem kids went to Potomac - figure that out. Yeah I won't be around for Christmas because most my family will be traveling then., but Thanksgiving is a go
amberrose3dg 08:59 AM 09-06-2017
Oh I had tons of friends in Hedgesville lol. I had a doublewide in the newer section of Rocky Glen; kids were bussed to Hedgesville for High school, but the Elem kids went to Potomac - figure that out. Yeah I won't be around for Christmas because most my family will be traveling then., but Thanksgiving is a go
Awesome! I can pm you my number. It is funny how small the world really is!
daycarediva 09:32 AM 09-06-2017
Originally Posted by Miss A:
Oh my goodness, I am going to add this to my yearly days off letters that they sign and send back, and to my contract when I update it. Thank you so much!

My baby's eyes look SO much better today, but his attitude is not so fun. Fingers crossed tomorrow goes smoothly!
YES! I was redoing my contract and handbook (adding a section to initial that they have read to and agree to each policy on the contract, not a separate handbook) and that's when it dawned on me. I had it 'strongly advised' under 'emergency closings'. YUP! ALL of my new parents have reliable back up care. Grandparents, SAHM friend, whatever!
Blackcat31 07:17 AM 09-08-2017
Not really a vent but just kind of sad...

Today marks the last day of care for a family I have provided services for for 2 decades!

When DCM first started with me she was younger than her oldest child is now.

I don't take kids once they start school and this child is their last.
He starts Kindy on Monday.

Makes me feel good but sad at the same time.
Josiegirl 09:33 AM 09-08-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Today marks the last day of care for a family I have provided services for for 2 decades!

Oh wow And I fall to pieces when a 5 yo leaves after they've been here 4 years. TG for FB and email and all that jazz. But when they leave our relationships with them do change a bit.
Mike 03:22 PM 09-08-2017

That's a long time. Do you plan to keep in touch?
Blackcat31 04:18 PM 09-08-2017
Originally Posted by Mike:
That's a long time. Do you plan to keep in touch?
Yes... mom and I have definitely become friends over the years. Not hang out together socially friends but stop by daycare and chill with me while on the playground kind of friends.

My DD and her oldest child stay in touch on social media. They are about 6-7 yrs apart in age but she babysat a lot for the family during her teen years

Great family! Mom started out as a teen mom and is now a married mom of 4 with a severe special needs child in the mix and is an intake counselor for a drug rehab agency. She's come a long way over the last 20 yrs..
Mike 04:47 PM 09-08-2017
Yes... mom and I have definitely become friends over the years. Not hang out together socially friends but stop by daycare and chill with me while on the playground kind of friends.

My DD and her oldest child stay in touch on social media. They are about 6-7 yrs apart in age but she babysat a lot for the family during her teen years
That's good. Some kids I babysat 20-30 years ago are still in my life, not kids anymore though, and others, I haven't seen or heard from in over 20 years. Still never forget them.

Great family! Mom started out as a teen mom and is now a married mom of 4 with a severe special needs child in the mix and is an intake counselor for a drug rehab agency. She's come a long way over the last 20 yrs..
She sure has. I wish all moms (and dads) could grow up and make something of themselves, but not all of them do.
storybookending 06:25 PM 09-08-2017

Wow this is such an accomplishment for both you and mom! The first kids I ever babysat at the ripe old age of 11 are in high school now. One turns 18 next week! Their mom was my daycare provider and a forever family friend.
busdriver 04:23 PM 09-10-2017
Haha you should have kicked the child out. I have been hit threatened (even by owners brother when I went through workmans comp) by children but at the overcrowded center I am at the only time they kick kids out like this were when they hit the millionaire owner. I even watch her get kicked by a kid who was 302'd and let it happen after she rejected my help. She had no clue how to restrain a child.
daycarediva 09:39 AM 09-11-2017

I am sure you had a hand in her families success, BC. THIS is family child care.
BumbleBee 10:18 AM 09-11-2017
Not a complete vent but sort of.

3 parents in tears this morning because morning drop off at school was rough. All have kindergartener's. I get it, I try to be sympathetic, but I also have kids to get breakfast for and supervise.
LysesKids 12:39 PM 09-12-2017
2 days now & nothing is working... not even rinsing with a net pot or drinking wine ( after kids leave); why do I have a feeling this is an infection that will require a Dr visit for antibiotics? My head hurts so much I can't see straight & the eyes are watering. At least my littles have been fairly good for now lol
storybookending 04:59 PM 09-12-2017
Originally Posted by storybookending:
Any advice on an almost 22 month old that screams and cries every time she wakes up? This is only her second week back to daycare as mom is a teacher. She has been like this since she was little. Wakes up in the mornings happy but nap is a different story. I switched her to a toddler bed hoping she wouldn't feel caged and was free to come out on her own but she this is week two and she still screams and she wakes the child she shares a room with. I don't have the option of putting her in another room. I could potentially switch her to the big kid room but why run the risk of waking up 3 versus now just the one? She wakes up after almost an hour of sleep almost every time. Nap is at noon and she wakes up right around 1PM every single time. Before summer break she was only napping about 75 minutes total as well waking up at 1:15PM. Today she woke up at 1, woke up the 9motnh old in the process but I did get her to lay down again after telling her it wasn't wake up time yet.
Just an update on this situation. I painted all the toddler beds over Labor Day weekend and I moved her bed into big kid room. She thinks she's so cool being in there with a brand new bed and blanket and with the "big girls". I was lucky the first week and saw her open her eyes while doing my checks or catching her quick enough after starting to cry that she didn't wake any one up. Yesterday for the first time she didn't cry and came out all on her own! She was met with lots of hugs and praise!
LysesKids 10:06 AM 09-14-2017
2 days now & nothing is working... not even rinsing with a net pot or drinking wine ( after kids leave); why do I have a feeling this is an infection that will require a Dr visit for antibiotics? My head hurts so much I can't see straight & the eyes are watering. At least my littles have been fairly good for now lol
AND double crap... the sinus infection turns out to be pneumonia; I have had to close for a few days
Blackcat31 11:48 AM 09-14-2017
AND double crap... the sinus infection turns out to be pneumonia; I have had to close for a few days
Aw, I hope you feel better soon!

Sucks to be sick!
BumbleBee 07:44 PM 09-14-2017
I love how parents ask for advice over and over about the same issue, you give the same advice over and over regarding the same issue, and the parents don't bother to listen to any of it. Then when the school brings up the issue it's suddenly of utmost importance and the parents are on it like it's do or die.

Maybe if they'd listened to and used my advice regarding bedtime over the past 4 years, they wouldn't have gotten a call from the principal when their 1st grader fell asleep in class for the 3rd day in a row.

I don't know whether to bang my head into the wall or just smile and nod!
Unregistered 06:44 AM 09-15-2017
I only have 5 out of my 8 kids today, yay! But 4 of them will be picked up by 3pm..and of course...theres always that one that stays til close. I can never get a break...
amberrose3dg 07:20 AM 09-15-2017
Sounds like my day. I only have one after school family and im sure mom will be picking up at close. Everyone else leaves at 3.
Blackcat31 08:23 AM 09-15-2017
Originally Posted by BumbleBee:
I don't know whether to bang my head into the wall or just smile and nod!
...just smile and nod.
It works better than stressing yourself out over someone else's stupidity.

I was told by a newly enrolled 4 yr old that I am mean.
When I asked why they replied "I just went down the slide and you didn't say 'Hooray'! and clap"

Yeah, not happening here. I just told them that was their mom's job not mine.
daycarediva 10:37 AM 09-15-2017
I hope you feel better!!!
BumbleBee 11:03 AM 09-15-2017
Glad my screamer stopped screaming and having 30 minute tantrums, but now he's pushing limits just enough to drive us insane.

Been at it all week. I am so glad it's Friday. I need a break from this kid.
Leigh 11:14 AM 09-15-2017
Would it be a bad business move to tell parents that I am closed on days that it rains? It was pouring this morning, so the kids got about 10 minutes of outdoor time before it started. They have been out of control this morning! Hitting, pushing, screaming, literally bouncing off furniture and walls! I tried "exercise class" and then a dance party, but there is no burning off this energy! My oh, so good little 3 year old girl who NEVER misbehaves lost her damn mind this morning and shoved a 10 month old who just started walking 2 weeks ago. Because he had a doll that she wanted. She slapped a 3 year old boy in the mouth because he wouldn't get out of "her" spot on a chair. I put her to bed early because I am guessing that she is exhausted, but she's been in the nap room having a tantrum for over an hour-fighting sleep like mad-she'll close her eyes and rest for 5-10 minutes and then start screaming that she doesn't want to take a nap. This started last night when she thought that she could take control and break rules when she got picked up (also not the norm for her). She lost it when her dad reinforced my rule and ran out the front door (knowing that she isn't allowed out that door without a grown up). Her parents said she was pretty much a jerk last night, too. The boys can't stop running into things and tackling each other.

What are some things you all use to get them to use up some of that energy? Anything that requires sitting down or fine motor skills are out for the day-I have given up on that!
Max 11:44 AM 09-15-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Would it be a bad business move to tell parents that I am closed on days that it rains? It was pouring this morning, so the kids got about 10 minutes of outdoor time before it started. They have been out of control this morning! Hitting, pushing, screaming, literally bouncing off furniture and walls! I tried "exercise class" and then a dance party, but there is no burning off this energy! My oh, so good little 3 year old girl who NEVER misbehaves lost her damn mind this morning and shoved a 10 month old who just started walking 2 weeks ago. Because he had a doll that she wanted. She slapped a 3 year old boy in the mouth because he wouldn't get out of "her" spot on a chair. I put her to bed early because I am guessing that she is exhausted, but she's been in the nap room having a tantrum for over an hour-fighting sleep like mad-she'll close her eyes and rest for 5-10 minutes and then start screaming that she doesn't want to take a nap. This started last night when she thought that she could take control and break rules when she got picked up (also not the norm for her). She lost it when her dad reinforced my rule and ran out the front door (knowing that she isn't allowed out that door without a grown up). Her parents said she was pretty much a jerk last night, too. The boys can't stop running into things and tackling each other.

What are some things you all use to get them to use up some of that energy? Anything that requires sitting down or fine motor skills are out for the day-I have given up on that!
Could letting them play in the rain be an option? You could start asking for rain boots and rain coats. Or collect a stockpile of your own.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 06:09 PM 09-16-2017
Legally unlicensed, so I only have 4 spots available. I've got a GREAT group right now with one spot open. I haven't been pushing super hard to fill it, but I would LOVE to have another girl over 3 for my daughter to play with. Had an interview that seemed great for a girl of the right age, mom called 30 minutes before the interview to reschedule, then when I sent an email reminder the day before the second interview told me they had other care.

Yesterday I got a request for a girl of the right age that needs care starting next week... against my better judgement I agreed to meet last night. Got a call 30 minutes before the interview wanting to reschedule for today. Gritted my teeth and agreed... 4 minutes before the set time I get a text wanting to move it later b/c snowflake is napping... at 5pm.

Red flags, red flags everywhere.

Competition is fierce in the area right now for that age group, so I've been more "flexible" than I should. Guess DD will have to continue to be the oldest, and I will fill my spot with an infant in December when one of my other littles turns 2.5.
amberrose3dg 04:04 AM 09-18-2017
Just like that first day new assistant is supposed to start calls off the first day.
She texts me at 830 last night she has been so sick all weekend and does not want to infect anyone.
1. Why not text me sooner to give me a heads up? I wanted her to start last week.
2.I call bullsh*t. I signed her paper so she could get daycare assistance to take her children somewhere else.
I'm gonna be interviewing like crazy this week as I see she will most likely not be a reliable person. My last crappy assistant at least showed up the first day. I was fooled she is in grad school had excellent references etc...
I will let her start this week if she does come to work only cause I really need the help. She calls off or some other bullsh*t I will replace as soon as I can!
bklsmum 08:12 AM 09-18-2017
Just like that first day new assistant is supposed to start calls off the first day.
She texts me at 830 last night she has been so sick all weekend and does not want to infect anyone.
1. Why not text me sooner to give me a heads up? I wanted her to start last week.
2.I call bullsh*t. I signed her paper so she could get daycare assistance to take her children somewhere else.
I'm gonna be interviewing like crazy this week as I see she will most likely not be a reliable person. My last crappy assistant at least showed up the first day. I was fooled she is in grad school had excellent references etc...
I will let her start this week if she does come to work only cause I really need the help. She calls off or some other bullsh*t I will replace as soon as I can!
I have the WORST luck with assistants! Today I had two call out sick, one call out for her morning shift because she has to register her car and another is late. I am having a hard time talking myself out of firing them all and just reducing my number of kids!
amberrose3dg 09:18 AM 09-18-2017
That is what im ready to do. I sent her a message like an hour ago to let me know if she plans on showing up tomorrow and no response. I swear people have no work ethic today. I have come across some lazy a** people or people that don't are so unreliable.
Then I have a parent who begged me if she could pay Friday when payment is due Monday. She would pay this week's payment on Friday to. Goes to the carnival with her son and forgets to pay me. Shows up this morning no money for me either! She giggles and is like I forgot. Late fee will be added on. Bet you don't forget to pay me again!! Another mailed my payment because she is too lazy to bring it back when she forgot it and it hasn't shown up either.
If you can't tell im in an awful mood and I can't wait for this day to be over!!
Miss A 12:01 PM 09-18-2017
On Tuesday I sent 10 month old DCG home and notified DCP that DCG could not return u til she had seen a DR for possible hand, foot, and mouth. DCG sees DR on Wednesday, is cleared to return on Thursday because DR said it was an allergic reaction. On friday, My 11 month old DS spikes a low fever, stops eating and drinking, starts throwing up. Wakes up Saturday morning with a rash in his elbow and knee crooks that aggressively spreads. A visit to the DR confirms my DS has HFM. 18 month old DCB also saw the DR on saturday, has confirmed HFM. So, we are closed for the week while my DS fights the nasty HFM beast.

I am grateful for the extra 1.1 time with my baby (who turns one next week 😢&#128557, but I did not want to spend time with him so miserable and in pain!
Josiegirl 02:12 AM 09-19-2017
On Tuesday I sent 10 month old DCG home and notified DCP that DCG could not return u til she had seen a DR for possible hand, foot, and mouth. DCG sees DR on Wednesday, is cleared to return on Thursday because DR said it was an allergic reaction. On friday, My 11 month old DS spikes a low fever, stops eating and drinking, starts throwing up. Wakes up Saturday morning with a rash in his elbow and knee crooks that aggressively spreads. A visit to the DR confirms my DS has HFM. 18 month old DCB also saw the DR on saturday, has confirmed HFM. So, we are closed for the week while my DS fights the nasty HFM beast.

I am grateful for the extra 1.1 time with my baby (who turns one next week 😢&#128557, but I did not want to spend time with him so miserable and in pain!
Awww I'm sorry. One of my dcms called HFM chicken pox on steroids. When my dcg had it, she was miserable for about 3 days. Hope your little one gets to feeling better quickly.
amberrose3dg 03:43 AM 09-19-2017
And now she claims to have strep throat but cant get any antibotics for a day or two. Well there is no way I'm letting her start. Back to interviewing. Ugh I really hate looking for an assistant. Too many red flags to let this continue. Guess i better call the state so she isn't claiming to work here.
storybookending 07:53 AM 09-19-2017
It's only Tuesday, that's my vent.

Woke up thinking it was Wednesday bc DCB1 who is never here Mondays was here yesterday. Kids are being great but man I'm exhausted and even more exhausted wondering how I'm going to get through this week. I need to be asleep by 9PM tonight.
sharlan 09:34 AM 09-19-2017
Total vent

Dcg, 22 mos, is rarely here. She used to be a good eater, now will ONLY eat a couple bites of fruit. Drank 2 - 3 cups of water a day out of a sippy cup. Will not even touch a sippy cup, knocks it off the table with her arm.

She hasn't had a bottle or pacifier here since February.

Since she doesn't eat, they give her full bottles of milk all day. I can't convince the parents to take away the milk bottles.
Unregistered 01:36 PM 09-19-2017
Yes because dressy strappy sandals with a heel is an appropriate outdoor play shoe for a 2 year old -_-
Josiegirl 02:22 PM 09-19-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Yes because dressy strappy sandals with a heel is an appropriate outdoor play shoe for a 2 year old -_-
How do parents not get this??
HappyEverAfter 05:00 PM 09-19-2017
I have an infant with terrible constipation issues. He literally writhes in pain and I can hear his stomach churning. MidwaY through his bottles he is usually screaming and curling up in a ball. And I basically have to force feed him which takes almost an hour for a mere 5oz bottle. He has always had digestive issues but the chronic constipation is new. The doctor advised parents to give him 2oz of apple juice at breakfast and at dinner to resolve the issue. DCM says they tried it over the weekend and it worked great. But she doesn't want to let him have it everyday or even twice a day so she isn't letting him have it on daycare days, which is 7am-5pm Mon-Fri. That leaves me with a miserable, constipated baby. Her reasoning is that she doesn't want him to confuse the Apple juice as a substitute for his formula because she is afraid he will stop eating the formula. And she doesn't want him to have diarrhea and she feels like that will happen if we regularly give him the juice. And she doesn't want him to think it's a regular treat. It's so frustrating! Let the kid have the juice already and stop acting like it's OxyContin or something!
sharlan 05:06 PM 09-19-2017
Call for pick up every time he screams in pain. It should only take a day or two before dcm relents
Leigh 07:10 PM 09-19-2017
Originally Posted by Starrygirl:
I have an infant with terrible constipation issues. He literally writhes in pain and I can hear his stomach churning. MidwaY through his bottles he is usually screaming and curling up in a ball. And I basically have to force feed him which takes almost an hour for a mere 5oz bottle. He has always had digestive issues but the chronic constipation is new. The doctor advised parents to give him 2oz of apple juice at breakfast and at dinner to resolve the issue. DCM says they tried it over the weekend and it worked great. But she doesn't want to let him have it everyday or even twice a day so she isn't letting him have it on daycare days, which is 7am-5pm Mon-Fri. That leaves me with a miserable, constipated baby. Her reasoning is that she doesn't want him to confuse the Apple juice as a substitute for his formula because she is afraid he will stop eating the formula. And she doesn't want him to have diarrhea and she feels like that will happen if we regularly give him the juice. And she doesn't want him to think it's a regular treat. It's so frustrating! Let the kid have the juice already and stop acting like it's OxyContin or something!
I didn't catch an age for this child, but when I give juice to a baby for constipation, I substitute prune juice for water (a 6 oz bottle would have 4 oz water and 2 oz prune juice and 3 scoops of formula, for example). Personally, I'd just give the juice if I knew that the doctor had recommended it.
HappyEverAfter 07:29 PM 09-19-2017

I didn't catch an age for this child, but when I give juice to a baby for constipation, I substitute prune juice for water (a 6 oz bottle would have 4 oz water and 2 oz prune juice and 3 scoops of formula, for example). Personally, I'd just give the juice if I knew that the doctor had recommended it.
He is 4 months old. The doctor definitely recommended it. His mother would absolutely freak out if I gave it without her permission. She is super overprotective of her little one. When I make his formula bottles I can't even use water from my house. She provides exactly how much bottled water I'll need each day. If I gave him juice without her permission and without her supplying it and she found out, she would probably yank him right out of my care. I'm hoping she'll come around but it's still frustrating.
Josiegirl 01:40 AM 09-20-2017
He is 4 months old. The doctor definitely recommended it. His mother would absolutely freak out if I gave it without her permission. She is super overprotective of her little one. When I make his formula bottles I can't even use water from my house. She provides exactly how much bottled water I'll need each day. If I gave him juice without her permission and without her supplying it and she found out, she would probably yank him right out of my care. I'm hoping she'll come around but it's still frustrating.
Can you convince her to let you do it part of the time? I don't understand why it's ok for HER to do it but not you?? Tell her to not do it on weekends. And you can do it at dc. Poor little guy sounds miserable. I think if she doesn't come around I'd give notice. What she's doing isn't fair to her baby, to you or your group.
Blackcat31 06:33 AM 09-20-2017
She freaks out over her baby having apple juice but is okay with him writhing in pain and being force fed?

Um, yeah....someone needs to go back and RE-READ whatever parenting book she's reading.

Poor baby. I agree with Sharlan; do NOT accept her method of treating child...call for pick up every time he starts crying due to constipation. With holding the juice that the Dr suggested is denying this child his right to be healthy AND happy.
Leigh 08:15 AM 09-20-2017
I understand that. It really isn't smart to go behind their backs, but you COULD tell her that you will be giving the juice, that he NEEDS it, and that you feel it is cruel to withhold it from him when he can't poop without it. Tell her that either you'll give the juice or she can see the doctor about an alternate solution, but that you can't and won't let him suffer while in your care.
sharlan 11:36 AM 09-20-2017
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Total vent

Dcg, 22 mos, is rarely here. She used to be a good eater, now will ONLY eat a couple bites of fruit. Drank 2 - 3 cups of water a day out of a sippy cup. Will not even touch a sippy cup, knocks it off the table with her arm.

She hasn't had a bottle or pacifier here since February.

Since she doesn't eat, they give her full bottles of milk all day. I can't convince the parents to take away the milk bottles.

Came 3 days in a row this week. First time since May. She is devouring a grilled cheese sandwich like she hasn't eaten in a month. She's also decided that water out of a sippy cup is just fine.
HappyEverAfter 11:48 AM 09-20-2017
I understand that. It really isn't smart to go behind their backs, but you COULD tell her that you will be giving the juice, that he NEEDS it, and that you feel it is cruel to withhold it from him when he can't poop without it. Tell her that either you'll give the juice or she can see the doctor about an alternate solution, but that you can't and won't let him suffer while in your care.
Mega surprise this morning at drop off: DCM brought me the juice and said he was allowed to have it at 8am. He happily drank it down, easily pooped within an hour and a half of that and has been a dream of a baby all day! So happy!
Leigh 12:26 PM 09-20-2017
Mega surprise this morning at drop off: DCM brought me the juice and said he was allowed to have it at 8am. He happily drank it down, easily pooped within an hour and a half of that and has been a dream of a baby all day! So happy!

Josiegirl 03:46 PM 09-20-2017
So glad for you! What a difference having a happy baby makes
sharlan 03:55 PM 09-20-2017
Originally Posted by starrygirl:
mega surprise this morning at drop off: Dcm brought me the juice and said he was allowed to have it at 8am. He happily drank it down, easily pooped within an hour and a half of that and has been a dream of a baby all day! So happy!
yeah!
hottie8962 08:58 PM 09-24-2017
Last night right after the kids left and gone home. i was getting the overnight kids to bed and get a crazy text saying 2 year old fell and busted his head open and is in the hospital. Then a few minutes later i see fire trucks ,ambulance and police fly down my street for something else(scary to me since i recently had a house fire).i also seen a fire close by out walking the other day. Then tonight i asked how 2 year old was doing, mom said he was doing ok . she just text me back now saying he just fell and busted his lip open ,poor kid is gonna be pain and miserable.im glad it didnt happen here all that blood mom described would of made me feel sick. Its been a crazy week/weekend
DaveA 03:32 AM 09-25-2017
A/C unit went out yesterday. Only a few days left I would need the stupid thing and it decides to break now.
storybookending 08:48 AM 09-29-2017
3 kids out sick today

Took my remaining 3 on a 2 mile walk and stopped at the park on the way back to play. Fitbit died somewhere on the walk.. no steps recorded
Unregistered 01:26 PM 09-29-2017
My preschool day care boy is in the "poop" phase.

"Knock, knock!
Who's there?!
Poop!"

And so on and so forth.

I was ignoring it, but now the toddler parents have started to complain. Well, wait until there kids get to that stage. But today I told him firmly not to say that word unless he had to use the bathroom. And it did go a long way in stopping it.

Poop, should have tried that sooner.
AmyKidsCo 01:29 PM 09-29-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
My preschool day care boy is in the "poop" phase.

"Knock, knock!
Who's there?!
Poop!"

And so on and so forth.

I was ignoring it, but now the toddler parents have started to complain. Well, wait until there kids get to that stage. But today I told him firmly not to say that word unless he had to use the bathroom. And it did go a long way in stopping it.

Poop, should have tried that sooner.

I get it, but there are MUCH worse things he could be saying around their toddlers.
Unregistered 04:50 AM 09-30-2017
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:

I get it, but there are MUCH worse things he could be saying around their toddlers.
I agree. The toddler whose parents complained is a big pooper, lol. We (parents and I) are always asking her if she pooped, so it's not as if she's only heard that word from the preschooler. Toddler is their first child so...
Cat Herder 08:13 AM 10-03-2017
Scene: Baked ziti in oven, in glass casserole dish. Came out perfect, smelled amazing, everyone looking forward to it. See where I am going, yet?

Carrying to counter top to cool, big dog comes unglued barking/growling during a nightmare from deep sleep in adjacent room. Dish drops, shatters and glass lodges in my ankle. It is only Tuesday.
amberrose3dg 08:29 AM 10-03-2017
Oh no , im so sorry. It needs to be Friday after the last two days.
Cat Herder 08:35 AM 10-03-2017
Oh no , im so sorry. It needs to be Friday after the last two days.
Thanks As my DS pointed out "it is taco tuesday, what were you thinking?"

I sent him to Taco Bell. I am over it. Tacos for everyone, it is. Cinnamon twists, too. I forgot they even had those, it has been years. I might even get one of those green mountain dews.
daycarediva 09:00 AM 10-03-2017
Oh no!!!

I broke my grandmothers last glass casserole dish this weekend. Ds dropped it. It was a good looking lasagna, too. Thankfully I had a chicken in the crockpot that was SUPPOSED to be for soup, so it worked out but still.
MomBoss 09:04 AM 10-03-2017
Severe morning sickness and trying to teach these kids & get on with my day......
Indoorvoice 05:29 AM 10-04-2017
My driveway recently became the neighborhood bus stop. New family moved in and mom stands in my driveway smoking in front of all those kids. On my property where smoking is illegal. Really? I feel like I shouldn't have to tell someone that its not ok to smoke on someone else's property in front of a bunch of children. I hate people.
CeriBear 05:38 AM 10-04-2017

As much as I hate it when my 3-4 year old kiddos say things like poopy and poopyhead I agree that there are much worse things that they could be saying. One day another 4 year old came up to me and another teacher on the playground saying she had to tell us something then proceeded to drop the F bomb.
amberrose3dg 07:48 AM 10-04-2017
Let me see this is how my week is going.
1.One of my favorite musicians of all time died.
2.The state is giving me a hard time about paying me this month.( paperwork is fine but sent it back anyways)
3. IRS sent me a notice to levy but when called says they know I owe nothing and not sure why but cant do anything about the notice. The notice is from them as i had to sign for it etc..
4.I switched from tmobile back to sprint cause they suck and sprint isn't paying the entire balance or close like they claimed. Now we are stuck with a 1400 bill.
5.I have an ad up to hire an assistant and getting threatening emails from a person I refused to interview.( far as I know she doesn't know where I live. I never gave her the address) The assistant search itself has been a mess. I finally found someone that will start Monday.

I about to throw the towel in.
Josiegirl 09:25 AM 10-04-2017
Originally Posted by CeridwenLynne:
As much as I hate it when my 3-4 year old kiddos say things like poopy and poopyhead I agree that there are much worse things that they could be saying. One day another 4 year old came up to me and another teacher on the playground saying she had to tell us something then proceeded to drop the F bomb.
A 4 yo dcb I used to have, ran up to a dcm once and said 'Look at this!' and he pulled his pants down, and his underwear. Kids are entertaining little creatures aren't they?
Josiegirl 09:30 AM 10-04-2017
2.The state is giving me a hard time about paying me this month.( paperwork is fine but sent it back anyways)
3. IRS sent me a notice to levy but when called says they know I owe nothing and not sure why but cant do anything about the notice. The notice is from them as i had to sign for it etc..
4.I switched from tmobile back to sprint cause they suck and sprint isn't paying the entire balance or close like they claimed. Now we are stuck with a 1400 bill.
5.I have an ad up to hire an assistant and getting threatening emails from a person I refused to interview.( far as I know she doesn't know where I live. I never gave her the address) The assistant search itself has been a mess. I finally found someone that will start Monday.

Oh that's quite a lot for 1 person's plate.
And threatening emails because you refused to interview the person? People are obnoxious.
Josiegirl 09:41 AM 10-04-2017
My former(argh, as of 12 minutes ago)oil company. I went through a spiel late last spring about prices and how I'd found somewhere else .40 a gallon cheaper. They cut me a discount plus gave me a credit on a past bill I'd already paid. Fine, I'll stay just through May, when their season ended.
So forward to now and gearing up for another heating season, I called for rates and went with another co., reputable, lower prices and you're not put on hold for 20 minutes listening to sucky music so they can answer your call that's oh so important to them. Yeh, by the time I was on hold for 20 minutes the only way I would've accepted anything from them was if it was free. If I was such a good customer to them all these years, why didn't they lower their rates then, instead of dishing out bs of how competitive they are(bs) and how important their customers are(bs). Idiots

I feel much better now.
Josiegirl 09:48 AM 10-04-2017
Not too much venting, just my turn at this, I guess. Dcm came in Monday a.m., twins are potty training. One twin came in undies because she had such a great weekend. First question I asked dcm 'does she go poop in the toilet?' 'uh, well no' 'oh, sorry dcg, looks like we need to wear pull-ups'.
She had an accident that day and 2 yesterday.
Funny about Monday though was I had them both go potty before dcm picked up and dcg was soaking wet(they seem to hold it forever then let loose) so I said we won't bother putting on your p/u. Mommy will be here any minute. Oops. Forgot to tell mom. It was completely unintentional. Honest.
Lissa Kristine 08:59 PM 10-04-2017
When I got to work, the kids were out on the playground, so I heard them as I was stepping out of my car.

"I'll give you a lollipop. Say 'Go away!'"

I work with such mature "teachers".
LysesKids 09:55 AM 10-05-2017

I would have loved to interview... thinking of moving back there & I know all the WV rules, plus I was put into the licensing system in 2000 lol. I still have my certificates from Mountain heart too
amberrose3dg 10:06 AM 10-05-2017
You let me know if you do. I swear it is rough finding good help around here. We bought a new house and just sunk a bunch of money into finishing the basement for the daycare. We won't be moving anytime soon.
Miss A 10:15 AM 10-05-2017
All 7 kids have screamed their hearts out this AM, went down terribly hard for nap, we had rice at lunch and it looks like a Chinese restaurant exploded in my dining room, and I just accidently cracked my phone screen. Uffda. Why isn't today friday?
LysesKids 11:34 AM 10-05-2017
You let me know if you do. I swear it is rough finding good help around here. We bought a new house and just sunk a bunch of money into finishing the basement for the daycare. We won't be moving anytime soon.
And you know, I know the area you live quite well lol... my old stomping grounds; My family & friends have wanted me back for awhile
Leigh 11:39 AM 10-05-2017
All 7 kids have screamed their hearts out this AM, went down terribly hard for nap, we had rice at lunch and it looks like a Chinese restaurant exploded in my dining room, and I just accidently cracked my phone screen. Uffda. Why isn't today friday?
I hate myself every time I serve rice! Same with corn or peas. Do ANY morsels of those things ever even end up in a child's mouth?!
Blackcat31 12:50 PM 10-05-2017
(((hugs))) This is definitely the Monday-ist Thursday ever.

I hate myself every time I serve rice! Same with corn or peas. Do ANY morsels of those things ever even end up in a child's mouth?!
Right!?! I hate rice, peas, corn, coleslaw, and oatmeal.
AmyKidsCo 02:19 PM 10-05-2017
Right!?! I hate rice, peas, corn, coleslaw, and oatmeal.
Couscous is the worst. The only good thing about it is that it cooks in 5 min.
Miss A 02:41 PM 10-05-2017
Let's add to this list the dryer now squeals when it is running. Fingers crossed DH will find this to be a easy fix!
LysesKids 03:10 PM 10-05-2017
Couscous is the worst. The only good thing about it is that it cooks in 5 min.
A tip for the couscous... make it a tad saucy somehow, same for rice, I never serve it just plain. My babes love red beans & rice - the rice sticks together with the beans lol. And you will never find me serving PEAS... it's one of MY personal worst food allergies besides fresh Pineapple
Josiegirl 01:58 AM 10-06-2017
I always think the same thing!! And I promise myself rice will never be served in this household again. I'd leave it on the floor for my dogs to clean up but 1 of them is allergic.
Unregistered 09:48 AM 10-06-2017
After saying no more babies after last year, I have a baby.
And why, for the love of pete, do I only get the fussiest, least content ones?!
Some people have the magic touch with infants. I am not one of them.
Josiegirl 03:08 PM 10-06-2017
I think I pulled an oopsie today at pick up. If dcm heard me.
First dcp to pick up left and as they were leaving one of the twins got very upset because she thought her mom was here so she hangs by the window and keeps whimpering/crying/carrying on with her drama. Even though I tried to lure her away(mostly to avoid what I knew would happen when dcm showed up)from the window, she chose to stay right there and put on her display. So dcm pulls up about 5-10 minutes later and dcg starts bawling so of course dcm scoops her up and I briefly explain why she's fussing. Dcm is playing right into what dcg wants, dcg even shoots me a look like haha and I spoke up and said 'ah, she's milking it'.
Not sure if dcm heard me or not. Oops.
daycarediva 04:50 PM 10-06-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I think I pulled an oopsie today at pick up. If dcm heard me.
First dcp to pick up left and as they were leaving one of the twins got very upset because she thought her mom was here so she hangs by the window and keeps whimpering/crying/carrying on with her drama. Even though I tried to lure her away(mostly to avoid what I knew would happen when dcm showed up)from the window, she chose to stay right there and put on her display. So dcm pulls up about 5-10 minutes later and dcg starts bawling so of course dcm scoops her up and I briefly explain why she's fussing. Dcm is playing right into what dcg wants, dcg even shoots me a look like haha and I spoke up and said 'ah, she's milking it'.
Not sure if dcm heard me or not. Oops.
The truth hurts.
HappyEverAfter 05:51 AM 10-09-2017
It's Monday and I've woken up with some intense back pain. I have no idea how I will be able to pick up children today. I can't even stand up straight when walking. It's going to be a very long day. 😟
Unregistered 06:00 AM 10-09-2017
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
My driveway recently became the neighborhood bus stop. New family moved in and mom stands in my driveway smoking in front of all those kids. On my property where smoking is illegal. Really? I feel like I shouldn't have to tell someone that its not ok to smoke on someone else's property in front of a bunch of children. I hate people.
You shouldn’t have to tell her but apparently you do. I had the same problem, I told her my son has asthma, he does but it’s very mild, and she cannot smoke anywhere near him or my other kids because of the smoke smell. It worked. What seemed obvious to me wasn’t for her but at least there’s no more smoking now.
Sweet pea 02:02 AM 10-10-2017
Passive aggressive parents 😡
I'll just nod and smile, least I only have to put up with them 10 minutes a day!
Unregistered 10:26 AM 10-10-2017
It's raining. The one year old is into everything. I'm completely peri menopausal hormonal and to top it and off my SIL tags me in their family portraits. Yeah...the ones that include everyone but the spouses, like me - 24 years married into family and my BIL 30 years in family. Honestly, at the time it didn't bother me but to post and tag me. Yep, my hormonal self is offended and a tad humiliated.
Miss A 01:54 PM 10-11-2017
Daily schedule? What is that? From March to August my group was so routine based, they knew exactly what happened when. And they had all transitioned to one nap after lunch. Then September rolled around, and all of the sudden the whole group regressed back to needing 2 naps, but I can never get them to be consistent with the times. Yesterday, miracle of all miracles, they took 1 nap, after lunch. I thought "ok, we're going to pick up our regular routine again!" Nope. All the nopes. 2 naps today, 4 kids are still sleeping an hour before pick-up. Why kids, why?!?
HappyEverAfter 04:45 PM 10-11-2017
Ugh, today I had an inconsolable screamer for nearly 2 hours (whose mom conveniently wasn't answering my calls), an "I dont want to nap" fighter, and one I had to keep isolated because she's recovering from HFM. By the time they all left I was about in tears. Some days are so hard...
LysesKids 05:44 AM 10-12-2017
Ugh, today I had an inconsolable screamer for nearly 2 hours (whose mom conveniently wasn't answering my calls), an "I dont want to nap" fighter, and one I had to keep isolated because she's recovering from HFM. By the time they all left I was about in tears. Some days are so hard...
... Make a policy that you must be able to contact parents in an emergency or for other issues & that refusal to answer calls will result in you calling a back up person; I do not put up with parents that don't want to deal... that said, now I have to watch over my 19 month old "runner" for a few weeks because he is coming back after being out for 2 days with a head injury he did at home; Dr cleared him after they checked for concussion and such, but there is a possibility of tiny skull fracture which there is nothing they can do anything for - X ray didn't help much
Josiegirl 02:17 AM 10-13-2017
... Make a policy that you must be able to contact parents in an emergency or for other issues & that refusal to answer calls will result in you calling a back up person; I do not put up with parents that don't want to deal... that said, now I have to watch over my 19 month old "runner" for a few weeks because he is coming back after being out for 2 days with a head injury he did at home; Dr cleared him after they checked for concussion and such, but there is a possibility of tiny skull fracture which there is nothing they can do anything for - X ray didn't help much
Can you use a bike helmet for awhile?
amberrose3dg 03:55 AM 10-13-2017
Today is my son's 6th birthday. I told a parent who is always late with a million excuses to make sure she is here 30 minutes before i close. Why because she is always super late. She was 25 minutes late yesterday"She was pulled over" for expired tags. Then she had nerve to have an attitude when i told her she had to pick up early today. Her kids don't normally even come on Fridays. I never know when they don't come on friday's, they just don't show up and then there is an excuse that follows later. I am glad today is Friday cause I feel like if anymore days were in this week some people wouldn't have daycare come Monday.
Josiegirl 04:08 AM 10-13-2017
Happy Birthday to your ds!! And hope your dcps all arrive early!
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48  ... Last
Reply Up