Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Found a lump on dcb
sahm2three 10:39 AM 12-20-2010
I am guessing from one of his vaccinations, but that has been well over a month ago. It is on his thigh. It feels like a marble under his skin. Scared me to death when I found it. I am going to ask mom or dad when they pick up, but do you think it is worth calling them about it now? Or do I assume it is just scar tissue or something from the vaccination? Scary!
DCMomOf3 10:50 AM 12-20-2010
If you just now noticed it, I'd call, or better, text, just with an FYI. Maybe they have noticed it too and know what it is. If it's still there from a vaccination a month ago, I would think as a parent, I'd want to call a nurse to see if that is ok to still be there after that long of a time frame.
jen 11:00 AM 12-20-2010
It should be fine...

Other DTaP-related swellings may not appear for several days. The most common delayed swelling is the DTaP granuloma, which is caused by a low-key inflammatory reaction to some injected material that remains in the tissues of the baby s thigh. A DTaP granuloma is a firm, painless lump under the skin, usually the size of a dime or quarter. The lump can remain on the baby s thigh for weeks to months but it finally disappears. Parents seldom worry about DTaP granulomas if they notice them immediately after the immunization. If they don t happen to see the lumps for a while, the connection with the immunization is not t so apparent and can become a worrisome mystery. If you re not sure what caused the lump on your child s thigh, take him back to the person who gave the injection and ask if the location of the lump is the same as that of immunization. You should, however, ask the person who gives your child his next DPT to apply it in a different area, deeper in the muscle, and to massage the area after giving the injection. The development of a DtaP granuloma is not a contraindication to future immunizations.

http://www.kidsgrowth.com/resources/...ail.cfm?id=970

You may want to mention it so that they can keep an eye on it though.
broncomom1973 11:07 AM 12-20-2010
I cant remember if it was my ds or dd, but one of them had a "lump" at the injection site for a couple of months. I would mention it to dcp so they can monitor it and mention it to the pediatrician at their next visit.
Reply Up