Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Planning The Start Of A Daycare Business
nila 07:43 PM 05-23-2012
I'm in the planning process of starting a daycare business. I'm still debating on whether I want to start a child-care home or a center. I live in Texas.

Question, Can the room/area that you intend to use as the child-care area be detached from your home or does it need to be attached to the home?

I understand that it needs to be part of your home, but what if you have a detached small guest home that you want to use as the day-care area.

Thank you in advance for your advice.
Breezy 07:53 PM 05-23-2012
Welcome to the forum! I am not sure of the licensing laws in your state and I am currently posting this from my phone so I cant look them up but I am sure someone will come along with some information for you! In the meantime you can do a search for some threads on the topic and go to the main page of Daycare.com to look up information on your state!

Again, welcome to the forum!
small_steps 04:55 AM 05-24-2012
I am in Texas also and our childcare association has been wondering about that question also. I would ask your licensor. I've thought that if I ever move or add on a room I would love to do a guest house that's totally devoted to daycare but I just don't know if you can and haven't talked to my licensor about it yet. I have my garage converted right now and that works great but I'm always looking for more space.

If you do find out, please share because I'm very curious too.
Blackcat31 07:31 AM 05-24-2012
Originally Posted by nila:
I'm in the planning process of starting a daycare business. I'm still debating on whether I want to start a child-care home or a center. I live in Texas.

Question, Can the room/area that you intend to use as the child-care area be detached from your home or does it need to be attached to the home?

I understand that it needs to be part of your home, but what if you have a detached small guest home that you want to use as the day-care area.

Thank you in advance for your advice.
Welcome to the forum!

Your status has been upgraded so you can post freely now
Reply Up