Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Need Daycare Legal Help - Not Sure Where to Post
Unregistered 10:03 AM 10-07-2019
I live in FL. I use to work in a small daycare center owned by one lady. I quit my job August 17th without notice via email (it was that bad). I asked her to please send my final paycheck and the one she held back to me via mail. She told me to come in and sign a separation agreement and that my checks would be ready when I do that.

I don't want to go back there and it's been so long already. I don't know if I have to sign the separation agreement or what. IS it too late to go in, sign and collect my checks? This was my first daycare job ever and it was a crappy center so idk. Am I in the wrong? I don't want to get a lawyer or anything crazy like that. I don't know what to tell the DOL.
Blackcat31 11:18 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I live in FL. I use to work in a small daycare center owned by one lady. I quit my job August 17th without notice via email (it was that bad). I asked her to please send my final paycheck and the one she held back to me via mail. She told me to come in and sign a separation agreement and that my checks would be ready when I do that.

I don't want to go back there and it's been so long already. I don't know if I have to sign the separation agreement or what. IS it too late to go in, sign and collect my checks? This was my first daycare job ever and it was a crappy center so idk. Am I in the wrong? I don't want to get a lawyer or anything crazy like that. I don't know what to tell the DOL.
Contact the DOL for your state

https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/wages/lastpaycheck
Leigh 11:39 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:

All you need to tell the DOL is that you quit your job, and that you requested your final paychecks be mailed to you, and that your former employer didn't send them. Ask them to help you get your pay for the work you have already done.
Tags:department of labor, dol, labor dispute
Reply Up