Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Which Software Do You Recommend?
eperez 08:48 PM 10-20-2018
I am in the process of securing a location for a new childcare center that I will be opening and am searching for input on software.

Which software do you use in your center? Pros and cons?

Since my center is new, cost is going to be a factor but functionality is key.

Main function I am seeking:
- Parent communication

Secondary features:
- Child check in/out through keypad/pin
- Billing and payment

Thanks in advance for your input!
Reply
Michael 02:00 PM 10-21-2018
There are several programs that are talked about here on the forum such as KidKare and Minute Menu Pro.

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=kidkare

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...+menu+kids+pro
Reply
Cat Herder 07:18 AM 10-22-2018
This site helps to compare the top 10 programs: https://www.capterra.com/sem-compare...IKUg&gclsrc=ds

Most use KidKare because it is what the food program requires and seems to be the most affordable. It does have check in/check out, auto-invoicing, autopay, and other accounting features. It does not have parent communication, portfolios or other recommended features for QRIS, though. The other programs will need to be used in addition to KK for those functions.
Reply
eperez 07:21 AM 10-22-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
This site helps to compare the top 10 programs: https://www.capterra.com/sem-compare...IKUg&gclsrc=ds

Most use KidKare because it is what the food program requires and seems to be the most affordable. It does not have parent communication, portfolios or other recommended features for QRIS, though. The other programs will need to be used in addition to KK for those functions.
Thanks! I did already discover that link but I was hoping for some feedback from people that have actually used the programs. I looked into KidKare but it's not something I need.
Reply
Cat Herder 07:24 AM 10-22-2018
This link lists many programs: https://www.capterra.com/child-care-software/
Reply
Cat Herder 07:26 AM 10-22-2018
Originally Posted by eperez:
Thanks! I did already discover that link but I was hoping for some feedback from people that have actually used the programs. I looked into KidKare but it's not something I need.
Got it. Then I'd recommend using the tags below to lead you to many, many past threads about this topic. I bet what you are looking for is in there. It is a pretty popular topic.
Reply
eperez 07:34 AM 10-22-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Got it. Then I'd recommend using the tags below to lead you to many, many past threads about this topic. I bet what you are looking for is in there. It is a pretty popular topic.
Thank you!
Reply
hwichlaz 10:37 AM 10-22-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
This site helps to compare the top 10 programs: https://www.capterra.com/sem-compare...IKUg&gclsrc=ds

Most use KidKare because it is what the food program requires and seems to be the most affordable. It does have check in/check out, auto-invoicing, autopay, and other accounting features. It does not have parent communication, portfolios or other recommended features for QRIS, though. The other programs will need to be used in addition to KK for those functions.

DRDP has a free app for portfolios.
Reply
Tags:app, automatic - billing, automatic - payment, billing service, check in daycare time system, communicating with parents, communication - with parents, computer program, kidkare, minute menu kids pro, portfolio, program, software, software for daycares, software mobile free share pictures, software/apps
Reply Up