Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Recommendation for Steam Mop
Country Kids 03:19 PM 12-12-2014
I am wanting to get a steam mop for Christmas but not sure what brand to ask for.

Anyone use a steam mop, does it work well, how often to you use it and what brand?

Thanks for any input!
AuntTami 03:29 PM 12-12-2014
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I am wanting to get a steam mop for Christmas but not sure what brand to ask for.

Anyone use a steam mop, does it work well, how often to you use it and what brand?

Thanks for any input!
I borrow my friends Shark steam mop about once a week (they're spendy and we haven't had the funds to purchase one yet, but it will be happening very soon!)

I **LOVE** it! It makes my floors nice and clean and shiny.

The only thing I don't like is that for the first hour or two until it's at least somewhat "dirty" again, the floor is VERY slippery.

But we have newly restored hardwood floors, so maybe that has something to do with why they're so slippery at first.

I can't tell you how many times I've watched my dogs "wrestle" after i've steamed the floor and watched the little one slide right into the wall
SquirrellyMama 05:09 PM 12-12-2014
Originally Posted by AuntTami:
I borrow my friends Shark steam mop about once a week (they're spendy and we haven't had the funds to purchase one yet, but it will be happening very soon!)

I **LOVE** it! It makes my floors nice and clean and shiny.

The only thing I don't like is that for the first hour or two until it's at least somewhat "dirty" again, the floor is VERY slippery.

But we have newly restored hardwood floors, so maybe that has something to do with why they're so slippery at first.

I can't tell you how many times I've watched my dogs "wrestle" after i've steamed the floor and watched the little one slide right into the wall
What kind of Shark does she have? I just bought a Shark Pro Pocket Mop and find that my floors are dry before I'm done with the whole room. I wonder if her mop is better than mine. Hmmm, now I want a better one

I've enjoyed my steam mop a lot! I love not worrying about buckets and wet mops.

Kelly
AuntTami 08:30 PM 12-12-2014
Originally Posted by SquirrellyMama:
What kind of Shark does she have? I just bought a Shark Pro Pocket Mop and find that my floors are dry before I'm done with the whole room. I wonder if her mop is better than mine. Hmmm, now I want a better one

I've enjoyed my steam mop a lot! I love not worrying about buckets and wet mops.

Kelly
She has the original shark. The floors dry fairly quickly(like you said before I'm done with the whole floor) but for some reason they're slippery for an hour or so. Maybe it's because of the finish that's on our hardwood floors? I'm not sure. But I do love the shark!
ColorfulSunburst 08:44 PM 12-12-2014
Instead of a steam mop I use (almost every day) this http://youtu.be/TO_0vRvukUI
sharlan 08:47 PM 12-12-2014
I hate my Hoover, it's way too loud.
NoMoreJuice! 08:32 AM 12-13-2014
I have two Sharks, the Light and Easy and the Pocket. I always find myself using the Pocket, since you can flip the head over and use the other side of the cleaning pad. I adore it, but on my hardwood floors I use a wax/protector once a month bc the steam strips it off over time.
Baby Beluga 11:04 AM 12-13-2014
I think I may be the only person who didn't like the shark steam mop. I heard rave reviews about it so I purchased one and it didn't clean my tile floors properly
Crystal 11:57 AM 12-13-2014
FYI....Groupon has the shark 2 in 1 steam mop with the handheld steamer for
for $64.99. It's refurbished but still an awesome deal!

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-1-sh...a-cce1317572d1
Leigh 02:58 PM 12-13-2014
My sister didn't like her Shark, so when I got one for free with my new Shark Rotator (which I LOVE), I gave it to my other sister without even taking it out of the box. Now I am thinking maybe I should have kept it! The other sister likes it.
MotherNature 05:54 AM 12-15-2014
I have a Haan. It steams hot enough to disinfect. Love it, but Im noticing I can do a pretty decent & quick job by hand..gets into crevices better too.
Tags:mopping - how often, steamer
Reply Up