Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Just Get Another Car Seat Already!
crazydaycarelady 04:30 PM 12-18-2013
You know dcd that is always sneaking in mid-day to drop off the car seat? Yeah, now he is going to be late because he got halfway here and forgot the dang thing.

No other parents have this issue. Why don't they just bite the bullet and get a seat for each car??
NeedaVaca 05:03 PM 12-18-2013
Hope you charged a late fee! I would probably say something at this point, it's getting a little ridiculous. I remember something about him being "sneaky" but I can't remember...don't you keep your doors locked? He is spending more in gas and late fees than a car seat would cost! I would just say this car seat problem is getting out of hand with mid day disruptions and now being late. If you can't figure out a way to remember everyday then it's time to buy a 2nd. It's a good opportunity to stop the mid day drop off.
Soccermom 05:54 PM 12-18-2013
OMG! That is nuts!

Why don't they just get one second hand?? Maybe they are one of those DCPS who only buy brand new top of the line stuff to ensure the highest safety and sanitary regulations for their child are met....

I remember trying to leave the hospital with my gently used infant car seat when DD was born. They wouldn't let us leave until DH came in with a car seat that wasn't expired........ Expired!?? What are they made of meat??

I get that safety regulations are put in place for the well being of children but seriously, the whole car seat thing is really getting out of hand isn't it? DH laughs when he sees some of the new models that are coming out now.He says they are cruel because the poor kids can't see outside or even move their heads to the side. I remember a few months ago when DCM dropped DCG's car seat off in the entrance for me and DH walked by it on the way to work. He said "Whoa! What the heck is that??! How on earth did that poor woman get that thing out of her car and how on earth do you even put the kid in that thing!?" LOL
littlemissmuffet 08:22 PM 12-18-2013
I actually have in my policies that I will not keep DCF carseats on my property. No carseats, no diapers bags! No exceptions!
cheerfuldom 06:37 AM 12-19-2013
Originally Posted by Soccermom:
OMG! That is nuts!

Why don't they just get one second hand?? Maybe they are one of those DCPS who only buy brand new top of the line stuff to ensure the highest safety and sanitary regulations for their child are met....

I remember trying to leave the hospital with my gently used infant car seat when DD was born. They wouldn't let us leave until DH came in with a car seat that wasn't expired........ Expired!?? What are they made of meat??

I get that safety regulations are put in place for the well being of children but seriously, the whole car seat thing is really getting out of hand isn't it? DH laughs when he sees some of the new models that are coming out now.He says they are cruel because the poor kids can't see outside or even move their heads to the side. I remember a few months ago when DCM dropped DCG's car seat off in the entrance for me and DH walked by it on the way to work. He said "Whoa! What the heck is that??! How on earth did that poor woman get that thing out of her car and how on earth do you even put the kid in that thing!?" LOL
There is a lot of legitimate research about why car seats expire. It is a real concern, not a joke. I really am saddened to see so many parents using expired seats or seats that they do not know the history of....if a car seat has even been in a minor accident, it is best to replace it. but people buy seats all the time at random places and dont even ask if has been in an accident. They don't get the manuals and don't install properly. It is a big problem.

Now as for them getting insanely expensive and plush, yes that part is ridiculous. You do not need four cup holders and fancy fabrics and this and that for safety. You can get a reliable quality seat without spending a fortune. It don't allow car seats and parents to come and go from the house like the OP said. What a headache
Blackcat31 07:41 AM 12-19-2013
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
I actually have in my policies that I will not keep DCF carseats on my property. No carseats, no diapers bags! No exceptions!
I do the same but I go a step further and state that if drop offs and pick ups are going to be made with alternating parents, then they are required to have two car seats.

Now if they don't go get another one, I may very well never know but I don't allow them (car seats) to be on my property and since I have the rule that they need to have two, I NEVER have to accept or hear the excuse of one parent "forgetting" to get the seat etc.
MyAngels 09:04 AM 12-19-2013
I'd go buy a seat for them and then raise their rates to cover the out of pocket cost. Okay, so I'm just kidding. But on the other hand, it would solve the problem
Reply Up