Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advertising for Daycare..
janderson 08:50 AM 05-10-2010
Hi, I had some advice for advertising and was just wondering if I put a sign in my yard, would you just put the name of the daycare and how I can be reached or is there other useful information I should use? I am not lisenced but trying to get kids into my in home daycare I am starting. Also does anyone know if there is a list of things that I would need to do in order to get an inspection done on my home(if I were to get certified)... so it would pass the inspection, Thanks
mismatchedsocks 09:24 AM 05-10-2010
If you chose to put a sign in the yard I would just put name and number. I personally do not put a sign in my yard, to me its advertising for daycare, and maybe for trouble?

Also if you wanted to get certified in Wisconsin ( where I am from too) then you will need to fill out a packet, and get provisionally licensed ( just by turning in paperwork) then they will send someone out to check your house. They will give you a list when you get the paperwork. Simple things like outlets, fire estinguisher, fence, gates, sleeping areas, smoke detectors, anything like that.

Good luck!
originalkat 09:54 AM 05-10-2010
First of all, You need to check with your State to see if you can legally operate childcare in your home without a license/registration. Some states allow you to have a number of kids without being licensed, but others do not.

I only put a sign in my yard when I have an opening. It says Childcare/Preschool
Now Enrolling
Phone Number
DBug 10:22 AM 05-10-2010
My sign has my daycare name and website. No phone number, since I hardly ever have time to answer the phone

Also, it's not actually a sign, but a small banner I designed at vistaprint.com. I have it attached to my gate (the main entrance that daycare parents use). It was nice and cheap, and easily moved when needed. I don't know if the same idea would fit your location, but it's worth considering!
misol 10:32 AM 05-10-2010
Also, before you invest in a sign, make sure that the homeowner's association (if you have one) allows that. Ours does not allow signs in the yard.
originalkat 11:35 AM 05-10-2010
I think I want to re-do mine anyway and list my website as well. People could get a lot more information that way. Good Idea D-BUG!
Tags:advertising, homeowner's association
Reply Up