Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dancing When It's Not Music Time..
WImom 08:28 AM 01-12-2012
I have 5 girls in my dc and they love to dance. Right now my rule is outside or during music time only. I don't really like that rule but I don't want other kids getting toys knocked over or getting twirled into. It seems like I'm a broken record with the no dancing (actually they are twirling like butterflies and ballerinas). I have two girls of my own and I know it's impossible to stop them, they are 7 and 9 and they are still always dancing around.

What are your rules inside for dancing?
mismatchedsocks 08:31 AM 01-12-2012
Especially this time of year I let em dance whenever they want. HOWEVER everything has to be picked up or they have to be in a room where kids are not floor playing. If it gets rambunctious then they are asked to stop.

Can you make them a space that they can dance anytime they want as long as there is nothing or anyone working on floor?
Heidi 08:31 AM 01-12-2012
I don't know your space, but can you designate a dancing area? Maybe a whole "center" with a big mirror, some of those ribbon dancers, and tutus...???
busymommy0420 09:53 AM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by lilrugrats:
Especially this time of year I let em dance whenever they want.
I agree, we are in NY and have had very mild weather so far. We have lucked out getting outside daily but I know the bad weather is coming and the kids need to stay active.

I think it's great they are dancing and a place for them to be able to do it in sounds fun. I have 5 girls all day and they are always dancing. We just went to our first ballet class Tuesday at a Dance Studio as a group.
Cat Herder 10:08 AM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by bbo:
I don't know your space, but can you designate a dancing area? Maybe a whole "center" with a big mirror, some of those ribbon dancers, and tutus...???
I love this idea!!!

Maybe even some inflatable micro-phones & guitars (oriental trading company), feather boas...the works.

Oh, now I want to play, too.....
Ariana 10:15 AM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by bbo:

melskids 10:17 AM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I love this idea!!!

Maybe even some inflatable micro-phones & guitars (oriental trading company), feather boas...the works.

Oh, now I want to play, too.....
...and dont forget a stage! maybe an old pallet with plywood on top
WImom 11:28 AM 01-12-2012
I dont have the space for all of that. Once my new set up is done I could do that though. I was planning on making an area for the kitchen/house stuff and then rotate it to be other things too so that would work. Right now though the kitchen, baby bed, etc are my walls for the center so it wouldn't work.

We do music time everyday so they have 20 minutes or so to dance as it is. Maybe for now I'll change it to two 10 minutes music times two times a day.

thanks for the ideas!!
Tags:centers, dance, dance center, music, music center
Reply Up