Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Same Kiddo... Earlier Arrival Time
lflick 05:34 AM 04-22-2014
Okay so I know to many of you this is going to sound like a silly question but I have a DCK that recently began coming 2 hours earlier than normal.... (7am)... no big deal for me as I am already up and ready for the day BUT DCK is very crabby and tired upon drop off now whereas previously would just run in and start to play.... I have a younger group of kiddos right now so nap is generally between 10 and 1030 and they eat lunch when they wake up. Anyways, how would you deal with this? Immediate nap is not an option as it would interfere with the normal nap time.
CraftyMom 05:42 AM 04-22-2014
Originally Posted by lflick:
Okay so I know to many of you this is going to sound like a silly question but I have a DCK that recently began coming 2 hours earlier than normal.... (7am)... no big deal for me as I am already up and ready for the day BUT DCK is very crabby and tired upon drop off now whereas previously would just run in and start to play.... I have a younger group of kiddos right now so nap is generally between 10 and 1030 and they eat lunch when they wake up. Anyways, how would you deal with this? Immediate nap is not an option as it would interfere with the normal nap time.

Is he waking up earlier now? If so then he needs time to adjust to waking up earlier in addition to coming to daycare earlier. I would give it a couple weeks. In the meantime maybe he can have a rest period until he isn't so crabby. Not sleeping, but resting or a quiet activity or a tv show if you allow that
Reply Up