Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Potentially Pushy Parents?
Nisaryn 10:08 AM 02-09-2016
Anyone familiar with NACRRA for the military? I have a family that wanted me to apply for it, which I did since it sounded like something that would be beneficial. So I filled out the application and am now waiting to see which program I qualify as a provider for. I let potential DCM (who suggested the program to me) know that I applied....

Potential DCM said that she would put in the paperwork for me and that NACCRA would contact me? So she wanted my full name that I applied under so that she could get all the paperwork and payments started. So here it the irritating part.......

I'm not sure how all that will work since she hasn't even had her family interview with me yet!!!! I can't help but feel like she is assuming that I'm going to accept her child into my care. I've already told her I have two other interviews lined up for just 1 opening and had to squeeze her in between those. She has been very insistent about this family interview and getting her son ready to change providers....I'm not worried about that, her previous provider is PCSing (moving state) so she needs new care but the fact that she waited till last minute bothers me....plus the feeling of pushiness. I'm tempted to not do the interview.
Blackcat31 10:16 AM 02-09-2016
Originally Posted by Nisaryn:
Anyone familiar with NACRRA for the military? I have a family that wanted me to apply for it, which I did since it sounded like something that would be beneficial. So I filled out the application and am now waiting to see which program I qualify as a provider for. I let potential DCM (who suggested the program to me) know that I applied....

Potential DCM said that she would put in the paperwork for me and that NACCRA would contact me? So she wanted my full name that I applied under so that she could get all the paperwork and payments started. So here it the irritating part.......

I'm not sure how all that will work since she hasn't even had her family interview with me yet!!!! I can't help but feel like she is assuming that I'm going to accept her child into my care. I've already told her I have two other interviews lined up for just 1 opening and had to squeeze her in between those. She has been very insistent about this family interview and getting her son ready to change providers....I'm not worried about that, her previous provider is PCSing (moving state) so she needs new care but the fact that she waited till last minute bothers me....plus the feeling of pushiness. I'm tempted to not do the interview.
In my experience you gut instinct is usually spot on.

I'd have issues with a pushy parent for sure.

ESPECIALLY one that isn't even enrolled.
DaveA 11:27 AM 02-09-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
In my experience you gut instinct is usually spot on.

I'd have issues with a pushy parent for sure.

ESPECIALLY one that isn't even enrolled.
+1 Not even enrolled yet & trying to steamroll in? Not sure I could handle that.
TXhomedaycare 11:38 AM 02-09-2016
I have one now that I saw the sign from the beginning and now I am having a hard time with her and her child.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck
Nisaryn 07:18 AM 02-11-2016
I had the interview last night with potential DCM (the NACRRA one). I asked her why she was leaving her current provider and assumed it was b/c she was PCSing (moving) but this was not the case....she was irritated that they would go to the park during lunch and sometimes she liked to pick up her DCK during lunch and would have to wait for them to come back.....she also had issues with the sick policy.....otherwise everything seemed OK. I did go over how NACRRA works with her since I'm still educating myself on it and she wanted the number they gave me again, so I did give it to her. However....she didn't take ANY of my contract papers or policies...the only thing she took was my Holiday calendar and scheduled appointment days for my own kids. She said that NACRRA would have her fill everything she needed out and that they will contact me so she can start bringing him next week....but I'm going to assume this doesn't include my STATE REQUIRED papers that I must have on file. I like the idea of another full time kid but at the same time my gut is telling me "Just say NO".
Thriftylady 07:19 AM 02-11-2016
For me, it would be to many red flags. I wouldn't accept her.
childcaremom 07:20 AM 02-11-2016
I had the interview last night with potential DCM (the NACRRA one). I asked her why she was leaving her current provider and assumed it was b/c she was PCSing (moving) but this was not the case....she was irritated that they would go to the park during lunch and sometimes she liked to pick up her DCK during lunch and would have to wait for them to come back.....she also had issues with the sick policy.....otherwise everything seemed OK. I did go over how NACRRA works with her since I'm still educating myself on it and she wanted the number they gave me again, so I did give it to her. However....she didn't take ANY of my contract papers or policies...the only thing she took was my Holiday calendar and scheduled appointment days for my own kids. She said that NACRRA would have her fill everything she needed out and that they will contact me so she can start bringing him next week....but I'm going to assume this doesn't include my STATE REQUIRED papers that I must have on file. I like the idea of another full time kid but at the same time my gut is telling me "Just say NO".
I would listen to your gut
Nisaryn 08:40 AM 02-11-2016
I contacted her and let her know that I've decided to go with another family. She was not happy since she was banking on just walking in next week....my NACCRA paperwork hasn't even been reviewed by Childcare Aware yet so she wouldn't have been able to come that fast anyway!
Thriftylady 08:48 AM 02-11-2016
I contacted her and let her know that I've decided to go with another family. She was not happy since she was banking on just walking in next week....my NACCRA paperwork hasn't even been reviewed by Childcare Aware yet so she wouldn't have been able to come that fast anyway!
Funny how some people think they can run the show!
Nisaryn 12:00 PM 02-11-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Funny how some people think they can run the show!
Thing is she TOLD me she had already given her current provider her two week notice! I hope she had planned on interviewing with other providers but....I'm thinking not since she though she was just going to walk right in.
DaveA 12:35 PM 02-11-2016
Yeah you dodged a bullet there. DCM gets to be someone else's problem.
Rockgirl 12:56 PM 02-11-2016
That would have given me so much satisfaction. Lol
Unregistered 01:10 PM 02-11-2016
A lot of people think they are hiring us and that they run us. They don't realize that they are contracting a service with a business, which is run by the provider.
Some of the confusion comes because we ask and observe how families do things so that we understand the children. Some families think we are asking how they want us to do things, especially if we are ever flexible.
We can't abdicate control of our services to the parents. But at the same time we probably want them to be happy with our care.
Reply Up