Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>"Grandma Has Had A Few Strokes"
youretooloud 03:51 PM 12-13-2011
I just talked to someone in Md. Her kids are 3 yrs and 7 months. Her Mom watches her kids five full days a week.

Her mom has had at least TWO mild strokes that they know of. One left her confused and unable to talk. She was able to call her son in law, who went over there to see what was wrong.

The parents want to continue using the Mom for childcare. But, They "Feel guilty". YOU ONLY FEEL GUILTY???????? That's ALL you feel??????

What about an overwhelming fear that something horrible is happening to your MOM??? What about a fear that your kids could be left alone all day in a home with a woman who can't move? Or worse?
Michael 03:55 PM 12-13-2011
Originally Posted by youretooloud:
I just talked to someone in Md. Her kids are 3 yrs and 7 months. Her Mom watches her kids five full days a week.

Her mom has had at least TWO mild strokes that they know of. One left her confused and unable to talk. She was able to call her son in law, who went over there to see what was wrong.

The parents want to continue using the Mom for childcare. But, They "Feel guilty". YOU ONLY FEEL GUILTY???????? That's ALL you feel??????

What about an overwhelming fear that something horrible is happening to your MOM??? What about a fear that your kids could be left alone all day in a home with a woman who can't move? Or worse?
That's too bad. I hope that she got to the hospital in time. These days a lot of the obstacles related to stroke can be overcome if they get treatment soon enough and its not too bad. My father went through the same thing.
frgsonmysox 05:36 PM 12-13-2011
Wow! I don't even know what to say to this!
youretooloud 07:19 PM 12-13-2011
I was not very gentle with her when she called me to ask what I thought.

This Woman (the grandmother) and I had a college class together, and we were sort of friends before I ever had kids. So, I am really hurt for my friend who's own daughter is more concerned with her daycare situation, than she is for her Mom.

Besides the fact that Mom (grandma) is clearly in danger, why would you want your children there all day in case something should happen to their grandmother?

I told the Mom to take the rest of the week off to make sure her Mom is safe, then find a new daycare that the kids can start going to next week.

Mom is a high school teacher and Dad works for one of those Wall street companies everybody is all upset about... they can certainly afford daycare. Plus, Mom has two weeks off soon, so she can really put some time into finding good daycare, and make sure her Mom is going to be OK.
Tags:hospital, stoke
Reply Up