Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Good Program
Core12 02:58 PM 11-02-2016
I'm looking into getting licensed and wondered what this meant.."administrative Reimbursement Rates for Sponsoring Organizations of Day Care Homes" listed on the usda site
Blackcat31 03:12 PM 11-02-2016
Originally Posted by Core12:
I'm looking into getting licensed and wondered what this meant.."administrative Reimbursement Rates for Sponsoring Organizations of Day Care Homes" listed on the usda site
Sounds like it is referring to the reimbursement rates paid to the organizations that provide the food program to child care providers.

For example the agency I used to use was called Provider's Choice. I am assuming that "Sponsoring Organizations" is referring to or meaning them.
Core12 03:19 PM 11-02-2016
Thanks Blackcat!
If I'm on the food program here in Missouri, do you know if I would have to buy formula for the infants to get paid? Also, it looks like I would get about $5.00/kid/day....I have 4 kids under 2 years old.
LysesKids 03:20 PM 11-02-2016
I agree, it sounds like the FP reimbursement rep for your area.

Did you start out as licensed exempt? Just asking because you can still take daycare subsidy while going thru the process of licensing if you go thru the background check (4 kids is a good start). I stayed @ 4 because I specialized in babies up to 18 months when I lived in the Westport neighborhood of KC
Core12 03:39 PM 11-02-2016
I apologize as I am completely overwhelmed with this. I don't believe I even know if I applied as license exempt. I have turned in all of my paperwork (last week) and am waiting for them to enter it into the system. Please tell me...how would I go about getting this subsidy without a license? I'm a member of Childaware and asked awhileback if I was eligible for the food program and they told me "no" However, I have been given multiple answers to everything everytime I call the local number. Also, I have 2 of the 4 babies come with breast milk so I'm not sure if I could count them.
LysesKids 04:36 PM 11-02-2016
I apologize as I am completely overwhelmed with this. I don't believe I even know if I applied as license exempt. I have turned in all of my paperwork (last week) and am waiting for them to enter it into the system. Please tell me...how would I go about getting this subsidy without a license? I'm a member of Childaware and asked awhileback if I was eligible for the food program and they told me "no" However, I have been given multiple answers to everything everytime I call the local number. Also, I have 2 of the 4 babies come with breast milk so I'm not sure if I could count them.
Legally licensed exempt can take 4 kids without registration in MO... subsidy doesn't pay a lot in many areas
here is the license exempt rules ; http://s1.sos.mo.gov/cmsimages/adrules/csr/current/19csr/19c30-60.pdf
... here's the background check for subsidy
http://dss.mo.gov/cd/child-care/chil...-providers.htm

The rules have changed a little since I lived there lol... didn't use to be so complicated to take subsidy or be counted as licensed exempt, but everything changes. Be aware if you live real close to the KS/MO border that KS providers will turn you in for being unlicensed because they hate close competition and they have stricter rules
Core12 05:17 PM 11-02-2016
Thanks a million!!!!
LysesKids 05:59 PM 11-02-2016
Thanks a million!!!!
Because you have 4 under 2 years old I believe that is your limit... ratios change to even fewer infants once you are licensed... the more infants the fewer older kids allowed

It's part of why I stayed licensed exempt... I do infant/toddler only under 24 months
Reply Up