Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cocksackie No FUN! Sickness no FUN!
Sprouts 09:56 PM 10-06-2011
So I just had an outbreak of Cocksackie here, my son and another little girl got it around the same time, my son was the first to come down with symptoms, his fever went so high he had Febrile Seizure! SCARY! and then my daughter got it...one baby didnt get but has a bad cough now....I guess this is daycare right?

What are all of your sick policies?
I allow mildly sick children to come, pretty much as long as they have no fever or green mucous. But when they cough I can't see what comes up....ughh Just dont want it to spread and have my children, me or assistants get sick...
MN Mom 01:21 AM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by Sprouts:
So I just had an outbreak of Cocksackie here, my son and another little girl got it around the same time, my son was the first to come down with symptoms, his fever went so high he had Febrile Seizure! SCARY! and then my daughter got it...one baby didnt get but has a bad cough now....I guess this is daycare right?

I allow mildly sick children to come, pretty much as long as they have no fever or green mucous. But when they cough I can't see what comes up....ughh Just dont want it to spread and have my children, me or assistants get sick...
Aww I feel for ya! Cocksackie is not fun. My oldest came down with it 2 years ago and had a seizure from the rapid onset of a high fever. It was one of the scariest moments of my life!!!

Hang in there! Enforce the policies you have in place. Clean clean clean when sickness manages to weasel it's way in!!! Oh and don't forget...wash hands...a lot!

Good Luck!
Crazy8 05:47 AM 10-07-2011
omg, I was just online looking up the coxsackie virus!! One of my kids is out today and may have it. I'm sooo afraid everyone will get it now. I know its too late but I'm cleaning like mad this morning! I've never had an outbreak of it here but I just heard it is going around. I had a new girl start last week, first time ever in daycare - her parents will probably flip if she comes down with this.
Sprouts 08:18 AM 10-07-2011
Well def. let the other parents know and what symptoms to look for. Even after the virus has subsided there still will be the virus in their stools! Good luck
Unregistered 10:06 AM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by Sprouts:

Stick to your illness policy even when parents say they have to work thats not your problem. I only allow children in daycare with a cold and when well if a rash, fever, vomiting, diaherra, pink eye, etc. they need a doctors note to return and have to be symptom free 24 hours I am really strict now that I am pregnant.
Tags:cocksackie, sickness
Reply Up