Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Contracts
busymommy0420 07:06 PM 12-02-2011
Aggghhh.... I handed out the 2012 contracts for the five families I work with today. I had some changes in there from last year: Higher rates, 3 weeks vacation for me, and a $25.00 toy replacement fee twice a year. For the toy replacement I stated I will be raffling off a prize and they could sell raffle tickets to re-coup the $25 or just pay it and be entered into the raffle them self. I hope the parents stick with me as I love working with them and the kids are great! I was not charging what other licensed providers were and now will be starting a structured pre-school curriculum in January so I feel I am within my rights to raise the rates. I am not good with rejection so I hope it goes well.
caring4kidsinSD 02:50 PM 12-03-2011
I am dragging my foot sending out my new contracts so good for you to get them done. First I thought I'd do it in December but I've been so busy, I haven't gotten around to it so now I'll send them out Jan 2nd and give them a few weeks before rates go into effect. I actually sat down at the computer to start it but FB distracted me again
mismatchedsocks 04:25 PM 12-03-2011
Good for you!!! I didnt change anything in my contracts this year, but make all the parents resign and stress all my old rules. I only give myself 1 week unpaid vacation. not sure how to change my old families to start paying me, or how to get them to start paying on mondays and having me cash them monday instead of fridays! Those are the two things I really want.
busymommy0420 10:16 AM 12-05-2011
Well out of my 5 parents four have said OK to my contract . I am so relieved, one had a $35 a week increase. (I had her daughter before I was registered and never put her on my new rate) She said the increase was fair. Phewwww I feel loads better now. I have such great families!!! We are doing a Christmas party Friday night and all the families are buying gifts for each of the 9 daycare friends. I did pre-school board games for each friend so we can do board game Fridays once in awhile!
wahmof3 11:51 AM 12-05-2011
Originally Posted by busymommy0420:
Well out of my 5 parents four have said OK to my contract . I am so relieved, one had a $35 a week increase. (I had her daughter before I was registered and never put her on my new rate) She said the increase was fair. Phewwww I feel loads better now. I have such great families!!! We are doing a Christmas party Friday night and all the families are buying gifts for each of the 9 daycare friends. I did pre-school board games for each friend so we can do board game Fridays once in awhile!
Thats great!!!! I handed out new contracts Friday too, no response yet.
caring4kidsinSD 11:57 AM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by lilrugrats:
or how to get them to start paying on mondays and having me cash them monday instead of fridays! Those are the two things I really want.
I am struggling with the same issue myself
Tags:contract - new, contract - revisions, new contract
Reply Up