Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Contract Error - Easiest Way To Correct w/ DCP
MrsD 09:43 PM 07-22-2015
When I first started a year ago I realized w/ DCK #2 that I'd made an error with my contracted hours. DCM often left fulltime DCG 2.5 hrs after getting off work so she could work out, shop, tan or get her hair done. All because I included my available hours on my contract and she took advantage of every minute.

When DCK #3 came along I fixed the contracted hours, she's part time (wed-fri), but didn't express that tuition is based on the space not attendance.

I realized my mistake very early but never corrected it with DCPs and consequently have lost a total of 7 days pay. When she misses it's always been Friday, until today.

I'm down to just 2 kids right now, #2 left, and I'm looking to add more kids ASAP and need DCM #3 to pay for her spot in my daycare. I think today's absence may be the catalyst I needed to bring it up to her.

How do I word this to DCM? Part of the reason I haven't corrected this earlier is because she's my only kid on Friday and I intend on keeping it that way but DCPs don't know that. Wednesdays are another story. I count on her attendance and need that space filled.

Sorry so long. Thanks for reading as well as any advice that's offered.
Michael 10:28 PM 07-22-2015
Maybe some of the other providers will chime in tomorrow. I would just tell her you are revising the contract. Here are some threads on the subject: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ct+-+revisions
Thriftylady 04:32 AM 07-23-2015
I would revise your contact and have her (or everyone) do the new contract. Just explain it is a policy and paperwork update.
DaveA 04:46 AM 07-23-2015
I redid my contract a while back to address some things I needed to change. Just explain the changes to the parents and you shouldn't have much problems.
AmyKidsCo 11:23 AM 07-23-2015
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
I redid my contract a while back to address some things I needed to change. Just explain the changes to the parents and you shouldn't have much problems.
Yep.

I revise my policies and have the parents sign a new contract every September.
Tags:contract - revisions
Reply Up