Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is Sickness Running Wild in Your Home Too?
mommyneedsadayoff 11:43 AM 11-25-2015
It has been two weeks of hell here. We went to a bday party and by a day later, my daughter and I were throwing up and feeling miserable. The next day, my son started throwing up and my dad. We got through that but two days later, my daughter had a fever and that lasted two days. Then my husband had a fever and body aches and now I am on day two of fevers in the 103s. My son woke this morning all stuffed up and with a headache. I am so sick of being sick and with the holidays, it makes me sad that we won't be able to enjoy it And I don't say this lightly, but we NEVER get sick around here (knock on wood)! This is throwing me for a loop and of course it is a busy time of year, so taking time off as been challenging. Anyone else have stomach bugs and fevers running wild in your house too? I have heard from many friends and family and most are recovering from them too.
e.j. 11:48 AM 11-25-2015
I almost hate to jinx myself but so far, just lots of colds being passed back and forth since September. We just get rid of one round and another starts up. My dd has just caught the latest one going around and spent the day yesterday cursing my day care business. So far, no stomach bugs or flu. Knocking on wood now!

(Hope you feel better soon!)
midaycare 12:19 PM 11-25-2015
Most of my dck's have passed around a lovely bout of croup. I considered closing for a day, but Patient Zero had already had the chance to infect everyone.
NillaWafers 12:20 PM 11-25-2015
Nobody has had the flu yet, but we definitely have all had colds off and on since September. Me especially, I'm pregnant (due in a month) and I've been sick about 4 times since then.
Play Care 12:38 PM 11-25-2015

I'm one of five and my mother always says that it's not a holiday unless someone is sick

We've been there and it stinks! Hope you all can kick off the illness!
Febby 02:28 PM 11-25-2015
I work at a large center (~250 children) so there's always something going around. Colds are everywhere. There's been some nastier things going around (RSV, hand foot and mouth), but they've been contained to a single section of the building. So far, we haven't had anything worse than a cold down at the preschool end. Which is fortunate since we were plagued all summer by head lice, pink eye, and various stomach bugs.
Thriftylady 03:47 PM 11-30-2015
We have the sinus stuff going through my house right now. I feel like doo doo.
Unregistered 07:03 AM 12-01-2015
Croup and RSV have hit my daycare hard. 4 out of the 10 are on antibiotics.
Blackcat31 07:06 AM 12-01-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Croup and RSV have hit my daycare hard. 4 out of the 10 are on antibiotics.
Croup and RSV are both viral illnesses.

Antibiotics only help bacterial infections.

I'd ask why they are on antibiotics for those viral illnesses. There may be more going on such as strep etc..
Tags:sickness
Reply Up