Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>what do you think?
mommyneedsadayoff 07:38 AM 01-09-2015
I wrote a thread yesterday about the six month old I care for and the difficulty with naps/feeding I have been having. I talked with his mom a little yesterday and we seem to be a little more on the same page, even though she sais she was sad that he slept in his crib all night instead of next to her and wanted to wake him up, which I thought was a little crazy.

Well, the new thing she also mentioned was that her job is annoying her, because they have not given her the raise she expected, and she said if they don't by August, she will be quitting to stay home. This was brought up when we talked about vacation. She has one planned for June, which will be two weeks less pay for me (per my contract), and when I said mine will be the first week of August, that is when she brought up her job.

I don't think she realized she was basically telling me she would be taking her vacation and then possibly quitting care right after, but that is what I got from the convo, and now I am seriously thinking I should end care in May/early June. Would that be wrong of me or is it smarter to get my spot filled by people who really need it, rather than wait and see with her? (plenty of people need care so the spot is easily filled and DCM does very well financially, so i could easily see her quitting work)
JoseyJo 08:49 AM 01-09-2015
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
I wrote a thread yesterday about the six month old I care for and the difficulty with naps/feeding I have been having. I talked with his mom a little yesterday and we seem to be a little more on the same page, even though she sais she was sad that he slept in his crib all night instead of next to her and wanted to wake him up, which I thought was a little crazy.

Well, the new thing she also mentioned was that her job is annoying her, because they have not given her the raise she expected, and she said if they don't by August, she will be quitting to stay home. This was brought up when we talked about vacation. She has one planned for June, which will be two weeks less pay for me (per my contract), and when I said mine will be the first week of August, that is when she brought up her job.

I don't think she realized she was basically telling me she would be taking her vacation and then possibly quitting care right after, but that is what I got from the convo, and now I am seriously thinking I should end care in May/early June. Would that be wrong of me or is it smarter to get my spot filled by people who really need it, rather than wait and see with her? (plenty of people need care so the spot is easily filled and DCM does very well financially, so i could easily see her quitting work)
I would try to replace. DCM pretty much told you she is trying to SAH, and she is obviously not on the same page as you with child rearing, which usually leads to problems.
daycarediva 08:56 AM 01-09-2015
Originally Posted by JoseyJo:
I would try to replace. DCM pretty much told you she is trying to SAH, and she is obviously not on the same page as you with child rearing, which usually leads to problems.
Yup. I always go for the more reliable/consistent income and a better fit.
Jewels 10:38 AM 01-09-2015
I would also try to replace, and I think giving her a notice sometime in the future will help maybe get her husband on board with her staying home, if thats the hold back for her, and its great if she can be a stay at home mom, she sounds like she wants to pretty bad. I understand the sadness in baby sleeping all night in crib, I always started my daughter out in her crib but slept with her the whole rest of the night after her first waking to nurse, I would get sad on nights where she would sleep through the night, even now shes 5, and she comes upstairs every night at some point and curls in next to me, and on the mornings when I wake up and shes not there I get kind of sad, like what if those days are over, I love waking up with her next to me.
Reply Up