Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Quote of the Day
lovemykidstoo 08:24 AM 05-03-2019
My dcg's mom came in this morning and says "oh she's in underwear today. She's been doing good at home" (she comes here 1 day a week). I said, oh has she been completely dry? Well most of the time. I said, yup she will not be in underwear here yet until she's 100% dry for 2 weeks. Seriously?
Josiegirl 09:29 AM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
My dcg's mom came in this morning and says "oh she's in underwear today. She's been doing good at home" (she comes here 1 day a week). I said, oh has she been completely dry? Well most of the time. I said, yup she will not be in underwear here yet until she's 100% dry for 2 weeks. Seriously?
I get so upset when they do this. Last time it happened I knew the girls weren't ready(twins) but they insisted on coming to dc on a Monday a.m. in underwear. So I asked dcm, so they're going poop in the potty too? Well um no. Yeh, sure, I don't mind cleaning up some really gross messy bottoms because your dds run your life and get 100% what they want because of course, being 3 they must know more than anyone else by now. Back into pull-ups they went.
lovemykidstoo 10:22 AM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I get so upset when they do this. Last time it happened I knew the girls weren't ready(twins) but they insisted on coming to dc on a Monday a.m. in underwear. So I asked dcm, so they're going poop in the potty too? Well um no. Yeh, sure, I don't mind cleaning up some really gross messy bottoms because your dds run your life and get 100% what they want because of course, being 3 they must know more than anyone else by now. Back into pull-ups they went.
Exactly and I don't rinse out poopy underwear. I throw them away. I don't play that game either.

I forgot the best part. Dad said "she refused to wear a pullup" . I couldn't help it, I busted out laughing and said oh ok.
Firefly 10:37 AM 05-03-2019
Exactly and I don't rinse out poopy underwear. I throw them away. I don't play that game either.

I forgot the best part. Dad said "she refused to wear a pullup" . I couldn't help it, I busted out laughing and said oh ok.
I’ve had this exact same thing happen. Mom said he “wouldn’t let me” put a pull up on him so she sent him in underwear. Kid hadn’t even started potty training yet. I won’t rinse poopy underwear either. Those go in the garbage.
Mike 08:43 PM 05-03-2019

Don't ya just love it when 3 year olds can boss their parents around. Wonder what it'll be like when they're 13?
lovemykidstoo 05:26 AM 05-04-2019
Originally Posted by Mike:
Don't ya just love it when 3 year olds can boss their parents around. Wonder what it'll be like when they're 13?
That is exactly the truth. Usually when a parent says that the child won't let them do something, I come back with "wait until they're a teenager". That usually makes them go hmmmm. My kids are 21 and 18. I think I know a thing or two. We never had discussions about what they were going to wear, where they were going to sit, what toy they were going to take where. My son went to daycare for nearly 3 years. We would take him, he got out of the car, walked in (wasn't carried at 2 or 3), never took a toy, gave us a hug at the door, walked in not kicking and screaming. I don't know how we did it lol
Annalee 11:43 AM 05-05-2019
That is exactly the truth. Usually when a parent says that the child won't let them do something, I come back with "wait until they're a teenager". That usually makes them go hmmmm. My kids are 21 and 18. I think I know a thing or two. We never had discussions about what they were going to wear, where they were going to sit, what toy they were going to take where. My son went to daycare for nearly 3 years. We would take him, he got out of the car, walked in (wasn't carried at 2 or 3), never took a toy, gave us a hug at the door, walked in not kicking and screaming. I don't know how we did it lol
Have any of you noticed how some parents make their kids walk in on their own at age 1-2 but at age 3-4 start carrying them in again....like they regress or something. Every day, I tell my mom, I feel so sorry for kindy teachers with all these children with no independence or self-help skills.
lovemykidstoo 04:56 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Annalee:
Have any of you noticed how some parents make their kids walk in on their own at age 1-2 but at age 3-4 start carrying them in again....like they regress or something. Every day, I tell my mom, I feel so sorry for kindy teachers with all these children with no independence or self-help skills.
Drives me crazy when they carry them in, when they take their shoes off for them etc. My 22 month old dcb stands there with his feet in the air while mom takes them off for him. I tell her every day that when we come in from outside, he does that all by himself. She says, oh yea we've been working on it at home and I say, yea I see that lmao
Josiegirl 09:34 AM 05-06-2019
Drives me crazy when they carry them in, when they take their shoes off for them etc. My 22 month old dcb stands there with his feet in the air while mom takes them off for him. I tell her every day that when we come in from outside, he does that all by himself. She says, oh yea we've been working on it at home and I say, yea I see that lmao
I had a 4 yo, then turned 5 yo and he would still lay on the floor and let mom or g'ma take his shoes off for him. I'm like...what????? I don't think I put on or took off his shoes once the whole 18 months he was with me.
Pestle 10:21 AM 05-06-2019
In the garbage? I just bag the underwear up, poop and all, tie a knot in the bag, and hand it to the parents at pick up
lovemykidstoo 06:11 AM 05-13-2019
I love MOnday quotes of the day.

Mom of 13 month old. He just got up, so he's just had a bottle and oatmeal. I think well that's good. Oh no, mom cut the bottle open more so he could have the oatmeal right in the bottle. Again, he's 13 months old.

Mom of 21 month old dcb. He wore the same outfit for a day and a half this weekend. He would not allow us to change it. Oh and he has a runny nose. Yup, I just texted her. I'm wiping it every 10 to 15 minutes! Thick gross stuff. She says to him when she drops him off as he is playing across the room and his nose starts running "just wipe it on your shirt". She is the one I posted a picture of dcb's shirt a week or so ago and played guess what this is. She came in that time and wiped his nose with his shirt and I was so shocked I didn't know what to say. Well as she told him to do it himself this time I was ready. I said no no no don't do that. Then he will lean against everything and get snot all over the house. She said better on his shirt than on the blanket he was leaning on. I said, well maybe I will just wipe it duh!
Blackcat31 06:31 AM 05-13-2019
I love MOnday quotes of the day.

Mom of 13 month old. He just got up, so he's just had a bottle and oatmeal. I think well that's good. Oh no, mom cut the bottle open more so he could have the oatmeal right in the bottle. Again, he's 13 months old.
I can see a parent thinking that it isn't a whole lot different than those pouch things that the kids have to suck their food from.
lovemykidstoo 08:31 AM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I can see a parent thinking that it isn't a whole lot different than those pouch things that the kids have to suck their food from.
That's what I was thinking too. I dislike those things too!
Mom2Two 11:42 AM 05-13-2019
Mom of 21 month old dcb. He wore the same outfit for a day and a half this weekend. He would not allow us to change it. Oh and he has a runny nose. Yup, I just texted her. I'm wiping it every 10 to 15 minutes! Thick gross stuff. She says to him when she drops him off as he is playing across the room and his nose starts running "just wipe it on your shirt". She is the one I posted a picture of dcb's shirt a week or so ago and played guess what this is. She came in that time and wiped his nose with his shirt and I was so shocked I didn't know what to say. Well as she told him to do it himself this time I was ready. I said no no no don't do that. Then he will lean against everything and get snot all over the house. She said better on his shirt than on the blanket he was leaning on. I said, well maybe I will just wipe it duh!
BARF!!!! I don't even know how I'd deal with this. I also really prefer to wipe little kids' noses myself until they are old enough to do it themselves.
AmyKidsCo 12:39 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Pestle:
In the garbage? I just bag the underwear up, poop and all, tie a knot in the bag, and hand it to the parents at pick up
Licensing won't let us rinse anything, so it all goes into a bag and gets sent home. Usually it only takes 1-2 bags before the parents realize the child isn't ready for undies here.
Blackcat31 01:23 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Licensing won't let us rinse anything, so it all goes into a bag and gets sent home. Usually it only takes 1-2 bags before the parents realize the child isn't ready for undies here.
Same here but almost all my parents want to use MY trash to simply toss the undies they don't want to wash any longer.

Now I straight up tell them take them with you and wash or toss at YOUR house not mine.
Mom2Two 11:31 AM 05-14-2019
Same here but almost all my parents want to use MY trash to simply toss the undies they don't want to wash any longer.

Now I straight up tell them take them with you and wash or toss at YOUR house not mine.

lovemykidstoo 11:51 AM 05-14-2019
A different family today. I love quote of the days hahaha! DCB, 4. Dads picking up early. At 3. I know that's an inconvenient time, so he can just stay up and sit in the living room chair so he doesn't wake anyone up when he leaves. hmmmmm yea no that will not work. I do have other rooms he can nap in though and I will wake him up at 2:55. But thanks.
Mom2Two 12:50 PM 05-14-2019
A different family today. I love quote of the days hahaha! DCB, 4. Dads picking up early. At 3. I know that's an inconvenient time, so he can just stay up and sit in the living room chair so he doesn't wake anyone up when he leaves. hmmmmm yea no that will not work. I do have other rooms he can nap in though and I will wake him up at 2:55. But thanks.
Did he actually show up at 3pm? I just loooove it when parents arrange a special pick up, and you get the kid up and ready, and the parent just takes their sweet time. Like as though having grumpy kid up from nap, waiting, is such fun.
MamaG2903 01:05 PM 05-14-2019
I sent home a toddler with LIQUID diarrhea... Literally was on the toilet ALL afternoon. Mom is all pissy at pick up and says "it's just teething AND she didn't sleep well last night"

Listen lady, if lack of sleep caused liquid diarrhea, I'd be a size 0
lovemykidstoo 07:22 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
Did he actually show up at 3pm? I just loooove it when parents arrange a special pick up, and you get the kid up and ready, and the parent just takes their sweet time. Like as though having grumpy kid up from nap, waiting, is such fun.
He did, but absolutely I have had parents do that. I have one family in particular that has done it a few times. Now I don't wake those kids up until she pulls in. This dad is very reliable though so I woke junior up at 2:55.
Josiegirl 01:58 AM 05-15-2019
One of my dcbs still comes in occasionally sucking on one of those things. And the thing is, dcps all know I feed their kids breakfast soon after they get here. And this dcb is turning 2 yo this month.
Cat Herder 04:48 AM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by Annalee:
Every. Single. One.

I actually discuss this phenomenon during the enrollment interviews when their kids are young infants or still inutero. They all laugh like it is the funniest thing they have ever heard. (They all also claim they will pick up close to two hours earlier than they actually do by 12 months of age, but I digress.)

When I remind them of the conversation, as I told them I would while they were laughing, they squirm and generally mumble something about easier or feign outright indignity. I stay on them about it and would terminate over it if it came to it, never has.

I require them to have their children walk in, greet me. I then have the kids hang up their jackets, potty, wash hands and walk nicely to the playroom centers until breakfast. It is part of our daily curriculum in preparation for kindergarten. It is very important. It is how we begin each and every day while they are enrolled here.
lovemykidstoo 06:48 AM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Every. Single. One.

I actually discuss this phenomenon during the enrollment interviews when their kids are young infants or still inutero. They all laugh like it is the funniest thing they have ever heard. (They all also claim they will pick up close to two hours earlier than they actually do by 12 months of age, but I digress.)

When I remind them of the conversation, as I told them I would while they were laughing, they squirm and generally mumble something about easier or feign outright indignity. I stay on them about it and would terminate over it if it came to it, never has.

I require them to have their children walk in, greet me. I then have the kids hang up their jackets, potty, wash hands and walk nicely to the playroom centers until breakfast. It is part of our daily curriculum in preparation for kindergarten. It is very important. It is how we begin each and every day while they are enrolled here.
I had two 3 1/2 year olds carried in this morning and a video of a 22 month old dcb at home this morning crying throwing fit because he didn't want his shirt on. Mom says in the video that maybe he can take the shirt off at my house. When she got here I said please don't tell him that.
Cat Herder 07:17 AM 05-15-2019
I had two 3 1/2 year olds carried in this morning and a video of a 22 month old dcb at home this morning crying throwing fit because he didn't want his shirt on. Mom says in the video that maybe he can take the shirt off at my house. When she got here I said please don't tell him that.
As my favorite teacher would say "Oy vey! You must be kidding me! Get away from here with that nonsense"
e.j. 03:29 PM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by MamaG2903:
I sent home a toddler with LIQUID diarrhea... Literally was on the toilet ALL afternoon. Mom is all pissy at pick up and says "it's just teething AND she didn't sleep well last night"

OMG! I really needed that laugh today!
MaryPoppinsMethod 05:29 AM 05-16-2019
So glad I found this forum to vent! We have over time had to enforce a strict potty training regime for all these reasons y'all have vented about. We discuss it with new parents before allowing them to enroll in that class. Of course, they seem to "forget" at certain times. Laughed at the post about sending the underwear home with poop. Because we used to throw them away but I had one dcm seriously ask me for the poopy underwear once even though I told her they were
un-save-able and I had to dig them out of the garbage for her. Seriously? Anyway if parents send them in underwear without our "permission" we put them in pullups right away and just continue to tell parents they can't until they are consistently dry and have gone poo here with no issues. Parents will push to do what they want or what is easiest for them and sometimes as administration/teachers you have to push back. If you have written policies in place it makes it easier.
Blackcat31 06:33 AM 05-16-2019
Originally Posted by MaryPoppinsMethod:
Anyway if parents send them in underwear without our "permission" we put them in pullups right away and just continue to tell parents they can't until they are consistently dry and have gone poo here with no issues. Parents will push to do what they want or what is easiest for them and sometimes as administration/teachers you have to push back. If you have written policies in place it makes it easier.
My written policy has a line that says "Pay to the order of____________" and a place for the parent to sign.

Parents that truly believe their child is trained and ready to wear underwear can send them in underwear IF they also provide a $300 deposit. If their child stays dry for two full weeks I will return the money. If their child has an accident, the money is used to have the floors professionally cleaned and another $300 is required or the child remains in Pull-ups/diapers.

Easiest way ever to manage this 'parent push back'.
Mom2Two 11:12 AM 05-16-2019
My written policy has a line that says "Pay to the order of____________" and a place for the parent to sign.

Parents that truly believe their child is trained and ready to wear underwear can send them in underwear IF they also provide a $300 deposit. If their child stays dry for two full weeks I will return the money. If their child has an accident, the money is used to have the floors professionally cleaned and another $300 is required or the child remains in Pull-ups/diapers.

Easiest way ever to manage this 'parent push back'.

storybookending 12:05 PM 05-16-2019
My quote of the day today was “I forgot his shoes again but you won’t be going outside today right?” Um false. This child never had shoes on aka never physically walks into daycare. Grandma gets so pissed when she picks him up and he doesn’t have shoes.
Valerie928 02:30 PM 05-16-2019
Originally Posted by MamaG2903:

You should have said "Oh no mom, I think this diarrhea is from allergies" I am so OVER the friggin teething and allergy excuse these parents use.
Mom2Two 11:35 AM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by Valerie928:
You should have said "Oh no mom, I think this diarrhea is from allergies" I am so OVER the friggin teething and allergy excuse these parents use.
So funny! I can just see it now...answering every question from that type of parent with "Oh, it's just allergies."
lovemykidstoo 01:31 PM 05-17-2019
Like the time one of the kids was "teething" with a ridiculously runny nose. I said yup, by the end of the week I'll be "teething". dad didn't know what to say lol
lovemykidstoo 12:59 PM 05-29-2019
My 13 month old dcb that is a train wreck most of the time and is exhausted 30 minutes after getting here even though mom says he sleeps all night had this to say today. He was a mess and i texted her and asked if he slept good last night and she said "Dad had to drive him around last night, but he slept all night". ............huh? lol
knoxmomof2 01:52 PM 05-29-2019
My 13 month old dcb that is a train wreck most of the time and is exhausted 30 minutes after getting here even though mom says he sleeps all night had this to say today. He was a mess and i texted her and asked if he slept good last night and she said "Dad had to drive him around last night, but he slept all night". ............huh? lol
Ugh! Same here.... But he's 3 I can't even imagine getting in my car late at night and chauffeuring my 3 year old around because he can't / doesn't want to go to sleep. Stay in bed, you'll fall asleep eventually......
lovemykidstoo 02:10 PM 05-29-2019
Originally Posted by knoxmomof2:
Ugh! Same here.... But he's 3 I can't even imagine getting in my car late at night and chauffeuring my 3 year old around because he can't / doesn't want to go to sleep. Stay in bed, you'll fall asleep eventually......
It's crazy. He drove to the next county and back. I said watch out for drunk drivers. That would be horrible for something to happen because you can't get jr to sleep
knoxmomof2 07:18 AM 05-30-2019
It's crazy. He drove to the next county and back. I said watch out for drunk drivers. That would be horrible for something to happen because you can't get jr to sleep
Yeah, mine posted about it on Facebook It's bad enough that you're doing it, even worse that you're glorifying it on social media. People have no shame.....
Valerie928 03:49 PM 05-30-2019
Dcg 18 months is really acting up lately. I tell dad. He says he knows and she is bad because she is "HUNGRY ".........Okkkkayyy
Tags:quote of the day, quotes
Reply Up