Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 11 19 20 21 22 
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today?
Pepperth 04:24 AM 03-13-2019
A snow day, when you least expect it, and most need it.
Annalee 09:31 AM 03-21-2019
Off the rest of the week!

Gonna take in some NCAA tournament, getting a physical tomorrow and some outside work done on this beautiful weekend!

So needed this break to re-group and rest my mind....re-licensing along with life itself has been overwhelming for me the past few months...so much going on that drains me mentally and emotionally.

This forum is so great for all of us as I think life-happenings have attacked us all lately in some form. to all!!!!
DaveA 05:54 AM 03-22-2019
Closed today! There is literally no one aside from me in the house till 4. I'll head out to the shop in a bit but right now just enjoying the silence.
Josiegirl 09:04 AM 03-22-2019
Made the most perfect snowman this morning yay! Just hope it's the last one of this season!
happymom 09:10 AM 04-22-2019
My oldest son learned to ride a bike last weekend!!! It's so much fun watching him ride around, care-free. Little brother follows him on his balance bike and we have wonderful neighbors and I just KNOW my kids are going to have the best spring/summer!!!
CeriBear 07:23 AM 04-27-2019
Sometimes it’s the little things that matter. Yesterday of my kids parents took me aside when he picked his child up and told me how much he appreciated me and all that I do not only for his child but for the whole class. For me, a little word of thank you or a note of appreciation means more than a gift.
DaveA 05:30 AM 04-28-2019
Daycare provider a couple towns over closed (moving closer to grandkids) and had a yard sale yesterday. Bought a ton of cool stuff.
LittleExplorers 11:24 AM 05-01-2019
Helped out one of my families by opening early last minute for them. Mom thanked me numerous times. It feels good to be appreciated.
Annalee 08:19 AM 05-07-2019
Conducted two interviews for a set of twins and a dcg2 yesterday evening consecutively....have to say it was refreshing....sometimes getting a new outlook is what a daycare provider needs. Filled the terminated kid spot and preparing for three children to go to school
Pepperth 07:17 AM 05-16-2019
Heard the best comeback for "You're not my best friend." Three year old responds "That's ok. My Daddy is my best friend anyway."
Josiegirl 09:57 AM 05-16-2019
Originally Posted by Pepperth:
Heard the best comeback for "You're not my best friend." Three year old responds "That's ok. My Daddy is my best friend anyway."
Love it!!
Annalee 04:46 AM 06-03-2019
I attended a a conference in my state this past weekend and got this https://www.kaplanco.com/product/896...QaAmW9EALw_wcB

for $150 from the Kaplan exhibitor.
Josiegirl 04:14 PM 06-05-2019
I got to see my most favorite 2 little dcgs today. Mom stopped by with them after work. I love their hugs and the 2 yo now says my name. I need to borrow them for a day, very soon. Sure do miss them!!
happymom 02:12 PM 06-06-2019
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I got to see my most favorite 2 little dcgs today. Mom stopped by with them after work. I love their hugs and the 2 yo now says my name. I need to borrow them for a day, very soon. Sure do miss them!!
This is so sweet!
Ac114 05:26 AM 06-07-2019
DCM works for bath and body works corporate. She is always bringing me candles, lotions, soaps etc. which I very much appreciate. I asked her if she could get me a 150 gift card (she gets 50% off) for Victoria secret. She shows up yesterday and says just think of this as a little bonus for taking such great care of my boys. She is seriously the best DCM!
Josiegirl 02:38 AM 06-19-2019
Nobody has had anything good happen for awhile so I thought I'd add my $.02.
My yard sale is this weekend and I've had a few people I know, already come and take things. Last night a provider(my dd's bf's mom) came and emptied half my playroom!!! She told me I should've been a 5 Star program. lol
She had a truck and filled it up to overflowing. And needs to come back to pick up more I've saved for her. Still so much stuff left.
Mom2Two 02:26 PM 06-19-2019
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I attended a a conference in my state this past weekend and got this https://www.kaplanco.com/product/896...QaAmW9EALw_wcB

for $150 from the Kaplan exhibitor.
That is awesome! Bonus!

I received a $100 gift card from Lakeshore a few months ago, and honestly, I can't even remember how I got it. I think it was from a health department class I took, but there was no note in the envelope. Mystery...
Mom2Two 02:27 PM 06-19-2019
I just got notice that I am getting a full refund for my Rock N Play that was recalled. I thought I might just get the company credit option, so I was really happy to get the refund.
CountryRoads 11:33 AM 06-27-2019
A simple message of appreciation means so much
Annalee 10:55 AM 07-02-2019
Today is my last day for the week! No vacation persay but I do plan on getting some things done.
Cat Herder 10:55 AM 07-02-2019
Have fun!!
CountryRoads 06:55 AM 07-16-2019
While I dread Monday's (2 extra kids who are a little on the wild side), it sure makes the rest of the week seem so much easier!
Josiegirl 09:35 AM 07-16-2019
Fun day with my 2 former dcgs who are sisters! Sweetest kiddos and extra precocious, both of them.
Just doing some fun stuff with them but do need at least a 30 minute break; getting them to let me have that is a challenge.
CountryRoads 12:57 PM 07-18-2019
My weekend begins at 5:30 today! Closed daycare tomorrow so my own kids can have me all to themselves. I'm so excited to spend the day with them tomorrow

Wish I would've took a couple more days this summer to spend time with them...it goes too fast.
Annalee 03:12 PM 07-27-2019
Got my school shopping finished today. Only a three day work week next week for a long weekend before school starts the following week. So thankful for my sons' gracious attitudes. I found some good deals as it was tax free weekend here as well. They will use the same backpacks as last year. They are awesome at taking care of their stuff. This has been a process but I do see some progress from years of "training" and "praying" for these little fellas! I know the verdict is out on their futures but I am happy right now....today!
Msdunny 11:29 AM 07-31-2019
Playing chef with my almost 2-year-old dcb. I asked him if he could make me a pizza, and he answered, "absoloopsy!"

I love that age!!
Annalee 12:29 PM 07-31-2019
Today is my Friday!
AmyKidsCo 01:34 PM 07-31-2019
Today is my Friday!
Yay for you!

23 more hours and I'm off for a week! Nine days if you count the weekends.

I'm going to take our youngest to swimming and tennis and his older brother to soccer practice. Hopefully I'll get the basement cleaned out and paint the bathroom. I love doing those stay-at-home-mom kinds of things.
Annalee 06:32 PM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Yay for you!

23 more hours and I'm off for a week! Nine days if you count the weekends.

I'm going to take our youngest to swimming and tennis and his older brother to soccer practice. Hopefully I'll get the basement cleaned out and paint the bathroom. I love doing those stay-at-home-mom kinds of things.
Me, too! Enjoy your time off
Annalee 06:30 PM 08-11-2019
It is good to know that my nephews and niece from my brother and their divorced mother are doing so wonderful. I find it refreshing for young adults to become responsible persons despite their "supposedly adult parents ". Kids and young people don't stress me near like "adults" do within my own family circle.
Annalee 06:23 AM 08-18-2019
I think I've posted many of the latest post on "what is good" lately, but trying to re-group myself and control some things I can control. As I stated in other threads, it's not just Daycare issues that overtake me, but things within my own extended family and my immediate home.

Over the past few weeks, EVERY evening, my oldest and I ( he is my best worker but has a job plus school)have been cleaning out the basement. I am embarrassed to say how long this has been needed. DH father passed in 2003 and he lived in another state so we Uhauled all his stuff back to our basement. Yes 2003, but it was the kind of things where "will I use this" "I hate to get rid of this", etc.

Thankfully, we are down to a small truck load for the dump. It had to be done. I felt the best I have felt in a long time yesterday. Makes me want to do more around the house.

Carpet removal is planned for the Spring with new flooring and tile for my kitchen. We built this house 25 years ago when we married, but it is TIME!

So the moral of the story is, Get to work and "fix" what you can because it's the "little things" that make the difference. No one else may notice, but I know within myself what I've accomplished.
Baby Beluga 08:27 AM 08-20-2019
One of the kids made cupcakes at home over the weekend and brought in the extra to share with the class today. That was sweet in of itself.

When mom dropped off she told me they made the cupcakes to celebrate their 7 year old who made a speech at school last week in front of the student counsel. I just thought that was a really nice, wholesome family thing for them to do for their daughter.
Annalee 09:22 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
One of the kids made cupcakes at home over the weekend and brought in the extra to share with the class today. That was sweet in of itself.

When mom dropped off she told me they made the cupcakes to celebrate their 7 year old who made a speech at school last week in front of the student counsel. I just thought that was a really nice, wholesome family thing for them to do for their daughter.
That is AWESOME! I have noticed alot of "doing things together as family" commercials on TV lately. I was raised in the "family-time" generation but I am afraid my own sons only see family-time as the "odd" thing to do instead of the "normal" thing to do.
Annalee 08:56 AM 09-02-2019
Well, my company has left! Time to get my new "preschool"
year up and going. I open back up Wednesday! Usually I'm on top of everything but have to admit I have procrastinated this year Some of the displays I ordered haven't even shipped yet. Oh well, I am still excited about Wednesday. But am so tired today. Got an extra day to prepare so hopefully it will all come together.
Cat Herder 06:48 AM 09-05-2019
Free shipping, Discount School supply.

BTSFREE expires 9/29/19

Great time to buff up my holiday stuff.
Annalee 10:23 AM 09-05-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Free shipping, Discount School supply.

BTSFREE expires 9/29/19

Great time to buff up my holiday stuff.
If it makes you feel better, you just cost me $75.

Thanks for the free shipping code.
Cat Herder 11:01 AM 09-05-2019
If it makes you feel better, you just cost me $75.

Thanks for the free shipping code.
Sorry.

That deal on construction paper was really good, though.
Annalee 09:52 AM 09-10-2019
Last week, when we began preschool, uhmmm, not so good with participation!

But this week, two days in, and we are on a roll. It was fun! So maybe we are back in the groove!

Ironically, we have all 12 this week. I think the kids are better when EVERYONE is here!
Jiminycrickets 12:05 PM 09-13-2019
After a week of lawlessness and craziness, it's a full moon Friday the 13th and so far, baby has taken decent naps , the kids have been mostly reasonable , I have been mostly sane , nobody has damaged themselves too severely , and half my dcks went home at noon.
Cat Herder 11:53 AM 09-18-2019
*Looking over medical articles as a refresher. Casually looked down at the comments on an article about life as a resident then I find this comment from someone named Jon Schwartz and my day has been made. Thank you, Jon Schwartz, you have won the internet today and my heart forever.

"BS.......if you decide to have to kids, take care of them...society is not obligated to redistribute their income to you for your choices..who taught you to be dependent on other people and corrupt inept government? What kind of education did you have...don't give me this pay me now or pay later....make choices and be responsible for them..this is how the malignancy of progressivism teaches irresponsibility and some warped notion of collectivism, the greatest lie in human history........stop whining and take some responsibility for yourself and your family..that's what a civil society should teach...millions of us have and did not demand someone else take care of us...what a horrible attitude you have been inculcated with...what does that teach those children? Do you hear what you are saying?? Disgusting."

"When progressives have no response to a problem they have caused, they always retreat to what they think is the moral high grown of 'science'. Obviously, like most things, progressives have no deeper understanding of science than what they are taught on the fake news networks and by their Marxist tenured professors. They have no understanding of how science has been hijacked for political purposes, only that it is always infallible as long as it 'proves' and reinforces the ideology. Check out Lysenkoism. Progressives have absolutely no understanding of the manipulation and false promise of statistics yet in their superficial world, as long as the conclusion follows the orthodoxy, it is 'science'. This profound inability to get to the core root of a problem and see the big picture is pathognomonic of progressivism and explains why EVERY progressive policy ends in death, poverty, and destruction. What a malignant theology."
Josiegirl 12:26 PM 09-18-2019
[quote=Cat Herder;708620]:

"BS.......if you decide to have to kids, take care of them...society is not obligated to redistribute their income to you for your choices..who taught you to be dependent on other people and corrupt inept government? What kind of education did you have...don't give me this pay me now or pay later....make choices and be responsible for them..this is how the malignancy of progressivism teaches irresponsibility and some warped notion of collectivism, the greatest lie in human history........stop whining and take some responsibility for yourself and your family..that's what a civil society should teach...millions of us have and did not demand someone else take care of us...what a horrible attitude you have been inculcated with...what does that teach those children? Do you hear what you are saying?? Disgusting."

Blackcat31 12:33 PM 09-18-2019
Raising a glass to Jon Schwartz

Annalee 11:30 AM 09-26-2019
Today is my Friday! Since my own children have been in school, I take all school days and they close for "fair day" tomorrow. Nope, not going to the fair with my kids as they are older now, but I am still taking the day off. Don't go backwards with the contract/policy, right? This is one of those days I would always get tired of all kids showing up while their parent took older siblings to the fair so I fixed that problem. LOL
Cat Herder 01:55 PM 09-26-2019
Have fun!! Enjoy your weekend!
LittleExplorers 07:03 AM 10-03-2019
We have been going through infertility treatments for years and I have been feeling off the past few days. I took a test on a who has it is early, but I got a faint positive! Fingers crossed our rainbow baby is on the way.
Jupadia 08:44 AM 10-03-2019
Originally Posted by LittleExplorers:
We have been going through infertility treatments for years and I have been feeling off the past few days. I took a test on a who has it is early, but I got a faint positive! Fingers crossed our rainbow baby is on the way.
Congrats to your family, hoping for the best on your rainbow. Though I had a recent loss, I also have my youngest now 3 who's my rainbow baby.
LittleExplorers 08:51 AM 10-03-2019
Thank you and sorry to hear of your loss. It's such a difficult experience to go through.
Annalee 06:32 PM 10-06-2019
Staying motivated has not been my strongpoint over the past few years. It was hard to even make myself vacuum the floor at end of day. But yesterday, I had some pics developed and added to some areas in the daycare and rearranged a little, bought a betta fish, etc. and actually enjoyed it. I do love my preschoolers now. It was slow getting started but am enjoying the kids beginning to engage and ask what we are going to do and when we are doing our preschool each day. Now, how do I maintain this feeling
Josiegirl 05:58 AM 10-07-2019
Staying motivated has not been my strongpoint over the past few years. It was hard to even make myself vacuum the floor at end of day. But yesterday, I had some pics developed and added to some areas in the daycare and rearranged a little, bought a betta fish, etc. and actually enjoyed it. I do love my preschoolers now. It was slow getting started but am enjoying the kids beginning to engage and ask what we are going to do and when we are doing our preschool each day. Now, how do I maintain this feeling
Giving your environment(as well as YOU) a little shake up is always good for renewing your enthusiasm!! It's so easy to get into a rut, in any job really, but with dc being so draining, thankless and stressful, it's a very easy job to get burned out with. Keeping it new, finding ways to relieve the stress and taking care of yourself are all ways to return to a better mindset. Glad you like it again!!
Annalee 05:03 PM 10-24-2019
Last day of the work week for me! Attending training Friday and Saturday!
CountryRoads 07:17 AM 10-30-2019
Closed daycare tomorrow! I'm getting to go to my sons' school Halloween Party! I haven't been to one of those in 4 years!

So excited!
Annalee 09:38 AM 11-12-2019
My niece's baby will be a girl! I really thought it was a boy and so did she This was one gender reveal party where many were stunned. Happy, but stunned!
Josiegirl 02:29 AM 12-02-2019
Deer hunting season ended this past week. First thing I did getting out of bed this a.m. was peek out my living room windows and there were 4 deer at my bird feeders. I LOVE watching the deer. And funny thing is so do my dogs. They go crazy wild nuts if they see any other kind of animal outside but they'll be very quiet and just watch the deer with me. Deer simply exude gentleness.

My positive post to start the week. Happy Monday all!!
Blackcat31 07:35 AM 12-02-2019
Deer hunting season ended this past week. First thing I did getting out of bed this a.m. was peek out my living room windows and there were 4 deer at my bird feeders. I LOVE watching the deer. And funny thing is so do my dogs. They go crazy wild nuts if they see any other kind of animal outside but they'll be very quiet and just watch the deer with me. Deer simply exude gentleness.

My positive post to start the week. Happy Monday all!!
I adore watching the deer in my back yard as well!

I did laugh out loud a bit when you said "Deer simply exude gentleness" as I definitely agree but you should see how MEAN they are to each other when a large group of them are trying get to the feeder but there is only room for half of them...

They stand up and kick each other and sometimes it gets really crazy! I've seen some pretty good kicks over the years. The sad part is it's usually the hierarchy of the animal kingdom that makes it that the little ones or the yearlings are the ones kicked the most and must eat last.
Blackcat31 07:39 AM 12-02-2019
I had a great Thanksgiving!!
SO much to be thankful for!

I walked into the bank on Wednesday with a swagger to my step and a smile so big EVERYONE was staring at me.

But I didn't care.... it's not every day one walks into the bank with a check big enough to pay off their mortgage.

51 years old and 100% mortgage free.

It's been 5 days now and it still hasn't registered in my brain yet.
Except that it's the first of the month and I don't have mortgage bill to pay!!
Jupadia 08:01 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

I walked into the bank on Wednesday with a swagger to my step and a smile so big EVERYONE was staring at me.

But I didn't care.... it's not every day one walks into the bank with a check big enough to pay off their mortgage.

Congrats
Annalee 09:47 AM 12-02-2019

Jodik 09:51 AM 12-02-2019

My goal! Congratulations! It must feel wonderful!
Josiegirl 10:23 AM 12-02-2019
Very nice BC very nice!!!
e.j. 10:41 AM 12-02-2019
What a great feeling that must be, BC! We have about 8 more years on ours. Can't wait for the day we can mail off our last mortgage payment!
Rockgirl 10:41 AM 12-02-2019

That is wonderful! Congrats! We still have a few years left on ours—can’t wait to experience that feeling.
Cat Herder 02:40 PM 12-02-2019

Congrats! That is amazing.
Annalee 06:38 AM 12-11-2019
The countdown is on.....9 more working days then off 24th-January 3rd. I'm feeling it

Going to the mountains for a few days during this time as well but mostly "chilling" with my fam and some college football since we finally made a BOWL GAME after a horrendous start!
Blackcat31 07:22 AM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by Jupadia:
Congrats
Originally Posted by Jodik:
My goal! Congratulations! It must feel wonderful!
Very nice BC very nice!!!
Originally Posted by e.j.:
What a great feeling that must be, BC! We have about 8 more years on ours. Can't wait for the day we can mail off our last mortgage payment!
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
That is wonderful! Congrats! We still have a few years left on ours—can’t wait to experience that feeling.
Congrats! That is amazing.
Thank you everyone!! It does feel amazing!

Funny though how you can be on top of the world one day and then feeling like it almost slipped away the next.
* (*see private venting thread)

But paying off the house was a fantastic milestone for us! Everything we have (the house and land) were literally done with our own blood, sweat and tears. We cleared the land and built the house with our own hands. It's a very liberating feeling to actually "own" it all after so many years of hard work.

Hoping everyone gets the chance to make their last mortgage payment!
Blackcat31 07:23 AM 12-11-2019
The countdown is on.....9 more working days then off 24th-January 3rd. I'm feeling it

Going to the mountains for a few days during this time as well but mostly "chilling" with my fam and some college football since we finally made a BOWL GAME after a horrendous start!
Oh that sounds heavenly!!

I have 7 days left and I am on vacation as well.

No mountains or special trip planned though...just off work and not working. Right now, that is all the vacation I need!

I hope you have tons of fun and get lots of relaxing done!!
Annalee 07:29 AM 12-11-2019
Oh that sounds heavenly!!

I have 7 days left and I am on vacation as well.

No mountains or special trip planned though...just off work and not working. Right now, that is all the vacation I need!

I hope you have tons of fun and get lots of relaxing done!!
It would be even more heavenly if I could make my last mortgage payment
Annalee 10:10 AM 12-23-2019
Today is my last day until Jan 6th and ALL parents come in this morning with their pay for this week and their pay for next week since I'm closed. No begging, pleading,etc.

I even closed Friday, last week, due to emergency with my grandmother and ALL checked in on her Friday and one worked at the hospital and came in there and checked on us.

Maybe it's the holiday spirit or whatever, but I like it when things go smooth like this!
Angelbearpuppy 12:25 PM 01-10-2020
Forme, I got let off early today.
Cat Herder 03:18 PM 01-10-2020
I have now completed my QRIS inspection, assessments, portfolio, observation and annual mandatory state training. Boom. Done until 2021.

No procrastinating this year, for me.
Annalee 04:48 PM 01-10-2020
I have now completed my QRIS inspection, assessments, portfolio, observation and annual mandatory state training. Boom. Done until 2021.

Yayyyy!!!!

I still lack my licensing re-evaluation, fire marshall visit and health dept immunization check. Then I’m
Done!!!
Cat Herder 05:36 AM 01-11-2020
Yayyyy!!!!

I still lack my licensing re-evaluation, fire marshall visit and health dept immunization check. Then I’m
Done!!!
I hope it ends soon for you, too.

We still are not required to do the fire marshall or health department visits, which makes it more time-efficient. The inspector checks all of that. They stay between 2-4 hours, typically, going through everything. Luckily, my new inspector is really personable and the kids play as usual, even the dogs like her and act like she is family coming home. My last one seemed to make the kid's little nervous wrecks and the dogs would growl. I actually had to lock up goofy lap dogs. Bristly.
dolores 06:42 AM 01-11-2020

Congratulations CH !!! Must be a relief getting that done! Are you required to complete the QRIS or is it optional? If optional, why did you chose to do it?
Annalee 08:16 AM 01-11-2020
I hope it ends soon for you, too.

We still are not required to do the fire marshall or health department visits, which makes it more time-efficient. The inspector checks all of that. They stay between 2-4 hours, typically, going through everything. Luckily, my new inspector is really personable and the kids play as usual, even the dogs like her and act like she is family coming home. My last one seemed to make the kid's little nervous wrecks and the dogs would growl. I actually had to lock up goofy lap dogs. Bristly.
This is only my second year to do the health dept immunization audit. It is for group child care. Family child care that keeps under 7 is exempt from this and licensing does their check. I am licensed for 12 with a helper. All of it isn’t difficult within itself but it does add up together to cause stress waiting for each state entity
Ariana 12:29 PM 01-11-2020
My first time posting in this section!

The family that I have been begging to take their kid to see an SLP finally had the appointment. The SLP reiterated EVERYTHING that I had been telling them and is not ruling out ASD (which is my suspicion as well). It was a long 6 months of discussing her issues over and over and fighting an uphill battle against family members and others who know nothing about child development...but am glad they finally went.

The first family who has ever taken my advice to go see an SLP and I am so grateful they went and the kid will get help.

Cat Herder 05:45 AM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by dolores:
Congratulations CH !!! Must be a relief getting that done! Are you required to complete the QRIS or is it optional? If optional, why did you chose to do it?
It is optional, but our state advertises it in print and on tv continuously so if you don't participate private pay clients are less likely to enroll. Also, if you intend to accept subsidy, you must be enrolled. I don't plan on it, but if one of my current clients needed a subsidy I would like to have the option. Why burn bridges?

Like every other program that started out as optional, here, this will become mandatory so I decided to get in on the first wave in the sincere hope that by the time it is mandatory I will be well versed and competent in it. They (trainers, mentors, inspectors, CCR&R) let us know quite regularly that this won't be optional much longer.

I really do enjoy the training classes and seek them out for my own interest, so that portion of the process was enjoyable for me. College was two nights each week away from my family for two semesters and a lot of homework time, though. That was a heavy cost to me as I had teens at the time, their last few years at home. They learned by watching me struggle with college after 40, too, so not all was lost on that. They do not give credit for degrees in other fields and this field did not exist when I went to college.

I was told my college tuition would be reimbursed, but that fell through. I was told I had earned two different cash grants to reimburse all the supplies/materials I had to buy to fulfill the required environmental material lists, both fell through. I did receive some classroom supplies and furniture, so that was a nice plus. A good bit was not age-appropriate or useful to my program, so it was donated to a local church. It would be beneficial to be able to pick more tailored grant packages and I believe they are working on that. My investment was somewhere around $7,000 and countless hours when all was said and done. My playroom, curriculum, assessments and lesson plans are pretty awesome, now though, that is a huge benefit to me and my families.

I am supposed to be getting another cash grant soon, but I am not holding my breath. It did go much, much smoother this time, so I accomplished my original goal and feel pretty good with just that. I am once again confident I will be able to stay in business as long as I financially need to. That was at one time in question.
Cat Herder 05:46 AM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by Ariana:
My first time posting in this section!

The family that I have been begging to take their kid to see an SLP finally had the appointment. The SLP reiterated EVERYTHING that I had been telling them and is not ruling out ASD (which is my suspicion as well). It was a long 6 months of discussing her issues over and over and fighting an uphill battle against family members and others who know nothing about child development...but am glad they finally went.

The first family who has ever taken my advice to go see an SLP and I am so grateful they went and the kid will get help.

That is awesome. You did an amazing thing for this kid.
Msdunny 07:32 AM 01-13-2020
My sick sisters have been asked to stay home for the week, another dcg is out with a fever, 1 year dcg isn't coming until 11 today, so my one dcb and I are watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on a rainy, yucky day! Thankful for this on a Monday!
dolores 09:10 AM 01-13-2020
Like every other program that started out as optional, here, this will become mandatory so I decided to get in on the first wave in the sincere hope that by the time it is mandatory I will be well versed and competent in it. They (trainers, mentors, inspectors, CCR&R) let us know quite regularly that this won't be optional much longer.
I agree with you with that these 'recommended' certifications will begin to be required of family daycares over time. Except for the out of pocket expense I don't mind it, as it improves the quality of your program...but $7K though!? The CDA is pushed in New York. Hope it does not cost as much
Cat Herder 10:43 AM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by dolores:
I agree with you with that these 'recommended' certifications will begin to be required of family daycares over time. Except for the out of pocket expense I don't mind it, as it improves the quality of your program...but $7K though!? The CDA is pushed in New York. Hope it does not cost as much
I started with the CDA, but the continuous renewal requirements were cost and time prohibitive so I completed the TCC (technical certificate of completion) in two semesters. The TCC is once and done. https://www.cdacouncil.org/storage/d...hic_020119.pdf
Annalee 11:07 AM 01-13-2020
I started with the CDA, but the continuous renewal requirements were cost and time prohibitive so I completed the TCC (technical certificate of completion) in two semesters. The TCC is once and done. https://www.cdacouncil.org/storage/d...hic_020119.pdf
The local college here doesn’t offer the tech certificate so I went on to get my associates after the CDA. I have renewed once but am not renewing in June this year as it is too much hassle. My associates degree carries me now on my report card. I have heard whispers of change coming that I really like but am afraid to trust just yet.
Cat Herder 11:10 AM 01-13-2020
The local college here doesn’t offer the tech certificate so I went on to get my associates after the CDA. I have renewed once but am not renewing in June this year as it is too much hassle. My associates degree carries me now on my report card. I have heard whispers of change coming that I really like but am afraid to trust just yet.
I am being pushed to complete the associates, but it won't bring me any more pay, stars or grants. They would have to pay tuition upfront for me to even consider it. I already have a degree in another field they won't count.
Annalee 11:16 AM 01-13-2020
I am being pushed to complete the associates, but it won't bring me any more pay, stars or grants. They would have to pay tuition upfront for me to even consider it. I already have a degree in another field they won't count.
We have a program here that pays for us. During my time, I had to pay the extra for the online classes because that's the path I took with the exception of 6 classes. Now, I think providers pay $50 per class to attend physically; plus the excess if doing the online class????? AND yes, no extra pay or grants or whatever.

ETA: there are grants here, but everyone else has the same access I have despite my education.
Msdunny 12:23 PM 01-17-2020
Passport renewed -
Airline tickets purchased -

Ireland, here we come (in September! ) -

I am so excited to start planning this trip!
Cat Herder 12:32 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Msdunny:
Passport renewed -
Airline tickets purchased -

Ireland, here we come (in September! ) -

I am so excited to start planning this trip!
You are going to love it
Josiegirl 08:26 AM 02-08-2020
While the weather has been terrible for the past couple of days, snow and freezing rain, it's ended up being absolutely gorgeous outside. The trees are all encased in a blanket of ice and snow, everything appears white and pure again instead of the brown snow we'd had.
I love the stark contrast of colors with the new pure white snow and the birds at the feeders. It's the little things in life we need to appreciate each day.
SpringBear 10:34 AM 02-10-2020
Just had my first licensing visit and the worst (and only) thing they found was that I didn't have medical scissors in my first aid kit. Should be licensed by March!
dolores 11:08 AM 02-10-2020
Congrats to you ! Inspections can be so nerve wracking! We had an unannounced visit last week. They spent 2.5 hours going through everything but luckily we did well too. Be prepared at all times.
Cat Herder 11:14 AM 02-10-2020
Congratulations and good luck going forward.
Rockgirl 12:28 PM 02-10-2020
While the weather has been terrible for the past couple of days, snow and freezing rain, it's ended up being absolutely gorgeous outside. The trees are all encased in a blanket of ice and snow, everything appears white and pure again instead of the brown snow we'd had.
I love the stark contrast of colors with the new pure white snow and the birds at the feeders. It's the little things in life we need to appreciate each day.
I love this.
Ariana 07:15 AM 02-26-2020
Stood my ground and told a family who wanted to drop down to part time 2 days a week due to maternity leave that I could only accommodate 3 days per week . I run a business, not a charity and 3 days is more than I need to accommodate
Josiegirl 02:34 AM 03-03-2020
Yesterday was a lot of fun! But I'm still glad I don't do this 5x a week and have no idea how I did it before I retired. I had my 2 former dcgs over for the day yesterday. They were really good(mostly, Lol, they're sisters after all) and we did so much together. It was nice to see them again and I love them dearly.
CenterTeacher20 10:59 AM 03-19-2020
All but a few of our DCF's work for/at the local hospital in tons of different departments, some are nurses, some are managers of things and some are in marketing. Today, some of the non-nurses showed up at daycare and surprised everyone. They took a trip to costco and brought us a ton of extra snacks and supplies and water bottles, etc. The kids were so excited to see their moms, they expressed how grateful they are that we are still open and doing everything we can for them. It was a really great moment Even snapped a few pictures that may be posted to the Hospitals facebook page and website! That seriously made my day
e.j. 02:59 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by CenterTeacher20:
All but a few of our DCF's work for/at the local hospital in tons of different departments, some are nurses, some are managers of things and some are in marketing. Today, some of the non-nurses showed up at daycare and surprised everyone. They took a trip to costco and brought us a ton of extra snacks and supplies and water bottles, etc. The kids were so excited to see their moms, they expressed how grateful they are that we are still open and doing everything we can for them. It was a really great moment Even snapped a few pictures that may be posted to the Hospitals facebook page and website! That seriously made my day
That's amazing! I love hearing stories like this where people show such thoughtfulness and generosity.
Cat Herder 04:15 AM 04-22-2020
Faith restored. <3 Written by a 20-something.

In response to "Well, I am not going back to work. It is too dangerous for me."

"that fine and that’s your prerogative, but when people are complaining that the government isn’t handing out money fast enough and failing to realize that the process consists of other people having to go to work to make that happen, it’s just a little ironic. The article said they have people working 7 days a week for this. 1) they are still going to work everyday even though there may be a risk. 2) imagine if they all decided it was too dangerous for them to go to work and caused even more delays in government money. It takes people to make stuff happen in this world, and if nobody was willing to work, imagine what would happen. There is always inherent risk to anything. If a person chooses to stay home, go for it, but then don’t complain when people working aren’t catering to your needs on your timeline."
Annalee 11:45 AM 05-16-2020
I know we should have done most of this sooner but the roller coaster of covid 19 has had me side-tracked since March.

BUT TODAY, my oldest son and I pressure washed the things in the daycare playground and finally getting some things put together from my grant earlier in the year.

Got the sticks and other debris out of the yard from all the storms we've had lately.

Still have some materials to put together from the grant, and some steps to be made for our front porch entrance but

I feel it's starting to come together!
Baby Beluga 08:32 AM 05-19-2020
I say goodbye to one of my all time favorite DCK's today. He is aging out to kinder and it is super bittersweet. I am sad to see him leave, but am excited for his new adventure ahead.

This family is the sweetest, most wholesome, generally all around awesome people. And it shows in their children's dispositions. I wish I could clone this little dude. He is going places, and is going to absolutely rock at kinder
CountryRoads 06:24 AM 05-29-2020
My last Friday until September!

My Friday group is so small in the summers, so I decided to go to a M-TH week so I can spend more time with my kids.

I had one dcm make a comment about it last night, but oh well. Not my problem you have no back-up care

I'm so excited!
CeriBear 05:00 AM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
I say goodbye to one of my all time favorite DCK's today. He is aging out to kinder and it is super bittersweet. I am sad to see him leave, but am excited for his new adventure ahead.

This family is the sweetest, most wholesome, generally all around awesome people. And it shows in their children's dispositions. I wish I could clone this little dude. He is going places, and is going to absolutely rock at kinder
I had a girl like this a few of years ago. She was the sweetest and kindest kid I’ve ever had and her mom, dad, and both sets of grandparents were amazing. Such a great family. I was so sad when she left to go to kindergarten.
Well this summer she returned to our centers summer school age program. She is now 7 and still the same sweet girl as when she was 4.

Yesterday was a rough day but one of my new students told me that she loves the way I read books during circle time better than her last teacher. I like to change my voice to pretend I am the different characters. Apparently Ms. Ceri is “the most awesomest “ reader in the world.
Annalee 07:25 AM 06-11-2020
Today is my Friday!
AmyKidsCo 01:28 PM 08-07-2020
ALL my kiddos napped today, and BOTH infants slept 2 straight hours! Usually the most I can get from one is 1 1/2 hours, even when he skips his AM nap. Happy Friday to me!
Tags:fun stuff, great news, happy, positive, tgif
First ... 11 19 20 21 22 
Reply Up