Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Oblivious Parents
TwinMama 07:29 AM 08-15-2019
So now Dad hired a tutor for dcb who is going to be in Kindergarten. He said he can't help him. So he's hired someone.

How do I tell Dad that he needs to learn social skills not math?
Cat Herder 07:34 AM 08-15-2019
Have Dad complete an ASQ with him? Leave the score sheet attached.

Sometimes getting to the information, yourself, has longer-lasting results.
HHangout 06:34 PM 08-15-2019
Im a little confused on why it is the providers business? Im not being snarky-I just dont know.

Was there a previous post about this?
Mom2Two 01:18 PM 08-16-2019
If the dad is driving her crazy, then it's her business...because it's her daycare business. Nobody wants to hate their job. But for us, if we want to love our job it's on our own shoulders to manage our clients to be what we can live with.

It can burn when we are doing our best for families but the parents are way out in left field. Like hiring a tutor for kindergarten...

Just curious. Are you a provider? Own business?
Unregistered 05:51 PM 08-16-2019
Is the tutor coming to her home?
I dont think a 5 year old needs a tutor off the bat but of he was just like "I got him a tutor at home" then Im not understanding why it is anyone else's business. I dont know the full situation is all, I must be missing something.

Im not quite sure my job status is of relevance to this? But since you're curious, 20 years from childcare assistant up to Director, and all jobs between, all ages. Home preschool, center, homeless shelter. Want my own in-home but it isnt happening. I have 2.5 year old and a 6 year old who may have ODD. Applied to be a licensor recently but also a paraeducator for special needs.
Cat Herder 06:39 AM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Im not understanding why it is anyone else's business.
Probably because, as this childs daily care provider and advocate, she is of the opinion this child needs help with his social skills.

It was a simple question of tact.
Ariana 09:27 AM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Is the tutor coming to her home?
I dont think a 5 year old needs a tutor off the bat but of he was just like "I got him a tutor at home" then Im not understanding why it is anyone else's business. I dont know the full situation is all, I must be missing something.

Im not quite sure my job status is of relevance to this? But since you're curious, 20 years from childcare assistant up to Director, and all jobs between, all ages. Home preschool, center, homeless shelter. Want my own in-home but it isnt happening. I have 2.5 year old and a 6 year old who may have ODD. Applied to be a licensor recently but also a paraeducator for special needs.
I think she knows it is none of her business but wants to guide the dad towards a more effective input for this particular child. For example it is really none of my business whether or not a child gets speech therapy BUT it is my business to try and guide the parents towards it if I feel it is in their best interest and would benefit the child.

So if a parent came to me telling me they put their child in a writing skills class when they really would benefit MUCH more from speech therapy then it would be my business to let them know that. As an ECE I am obligated by my code of ethics to say so.
Tags:advocate, asq, asq se 2, asq-se, code of ethics, parents - are clueless
Reply Up