Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
1 2 3 11 51  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
Michael 02:20 PM 09-28-2011
I guess I can start this one since the Venting Thread Was Deleted!

It happens sometimes. I did it once on the Positive Thread and it was our biggest thread!

No problem. So let's start this one up again since there were lots of vent/ors in the past.
Kaddidle Care 02:37 PM 09-28-2011
Oh boy!

Hmm let's see. Today I was hit 3 times and threatened with a rather large block. (To which I said "Don't You DARE!") All by the same child.

Where do these kids come from?

Thankfully my co-worker came to my rescue (she has been hit by same child as well).

I went home and had a banana split. If this kid keeps it up I'm going to be as big as a house!
Blackcat31 03:18 PM 09-28-2011
Well, my day started out with the best intentions. I've been really motivated lately to do some major cleaning, sorting and ditching of un-needed or bothersome toys and stuff. It is only Wednesday and I am feeling really good about my progress.

Then somehow, my over zealousness got ahead of my brain....

But tomorrow is a new day and since I am an eternal optimist, it now looks as though child care providers do not really complain or vent that much.
sharlan 03:48 PM 09-28-2011
My 8 yo is melting because he got hit by a wiffle ball.

I asked how bad it hurt. His response, "I don't know how bad it hurts." "Ok, should we call an ambulance?" "Noooooooooo." "Ok, you'll live, go play."
SilverSabre25 06:39 AM 09-29-2011
Paraphrase of a convo with a dcd last night...

Him: "We're working really, really hard on potty training her. Are you able to help at all with that?" [note: this has been ongoing since February and I do help, everyday, putting her on the potty, many times]
Me: "Yes, I can, I have been--I put her on the potty everytime we have potty breaks which is pretty much every major transition, so a lot. I've also been starting to brainstorm some other ideas to help her here--"
Him: "Well, we tried her in underwear at home yesterday and it didn't go so well."
Me: "For sanitary reasons, I need to have her in something absorbant until she's doing well; you could try undies under the pull-up, or I have some cloth training pants I've been thinking of trying. I cloth diaper DS so it's no trouble."
Him: "At home she gets jelly beans for peeing and a cookie for pooping in the potty!"
Me: [resisting urge to slam my head into the nearby wall] "Oh! Ok, well bring me some of those and I can continue that here!"
Him: "Okay, We'll do that."

Guess what didn't show up with dcg today...;;headdesk:: I think I'm going to buy my own this weekend, daggone it, and start a sticker chart with her. And the cloth pants too. Anything to get them off my back--she's only here three days a week and I'm starting to feel like I'm being blamed for her not being trained yet! She's the one with NO readiness signs AT ALL.
MommyMuffin 09:29 AM 09-29-2011
My dcks are just crazy today and I am so sad. I hate it when they all misbehave all day, it makes my day so hard.
blueclouds29 10:22 AM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
My dcks are just crazy today and I am so sad. I hate it when they all misbehave all day, it makes my day so hard.
OMG, here too!! WOW, i just wanted to throw in the towel and it was only 9am!!! 2 of the kids were fighting all morning with each other, 13 month old is teething so he cried all morning. THEN to top it off, what i thought was a great lunch 1 out of 5 kids ate it!! UGHHHHH it was only those Wacky Noodles and spaghetti sauce... is that bad? LOL so the rest just ate pears and their veggies... oh well!!!
Now that they are all down for a nap, i hope the afternoon gets better.
I"m also prego and i'm really trying not to stress... Ummm yeah right!!! LOL
momma2girls 04:22 PM 09-29-2011
The venting thread was deleted on here one other time as well- seems funny!
Sunshine44 12:02 PM 10-01-2011
I'm so depressed and overwhelmed right now. Between the daycare and life in general. Pray it gets better quickly.
Michael 11:53 PM 10-01-2011
Originally Posted by momma2girls:
The venting thread was deleted on here one other time as well- seems funny!
Actually that was the Positive Thread that I deleted by mistake.
MN Mom 05:16 AM 10-03-2011
20 min after drop-off and dcb is still having a tantrum on the floor. I'm doing my best to ignore it, and hopefully this isn't an indicator of how the rest of my day will go!!
momma2girls 09:54 AM 10-03-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
Actually that was the Positive Thread that I deleted by mistake.
no, it was the other one, I know the positive one was started by after school mom and it is still on there
KBCsMommy 01:03 PM 10-03-2011
Its Monday Retraining Day.......Need I say more.....
sahm2three 01:25 PM 10-03-2011
Ugh. So, no one will sleep today so we have kids screaming all over the place. NO ONE HAS SLEPT!!! I am so ready for this day to be over!!! I don't think daycares should be open on Mondays! LOL!
sharlan 04:24 PM 10-03-2011
Originally Posted by KBCsMommy:
Its Monday Retraining Day.......Need I say more.....
That's why we loaded up and went to Disneyland.
MN Mom 06:31 AM 10-04-2011
Dcb (2) puked not 5 min after mom and dad left twice on my livingroom floor. He had not eaten anything this morning, only had a bottle full of milk according to mom. It must have been chocolate milk because the vomit was brown like nestle quick. I have been trying for over an hour to get a hold of mom and dad at work. Their cell phone is off, main office number is busy. I sent a text to their boss....we will see....

I wish they had family in the area so I could contact someone else, but they have no one that I am aware of. GRRRRRR. Now my tummy is queasy (it's all in my head, I know).
B Lou 09:07 AM 10-04-2011
So yesterday I had a new child start in daycare. She shows up over an hour late and then hangs around for 30 min before leaving. Alway helpful. NOT! so then this morning as I send my husband off to work at 6:15 I sit down with a cup of coffee and start to enjoy the next hour of quiet time before my first child is to arrive. I no sooner sit down and there are headlights in my driveway, my phone sends me a text. It's the same parent who was late yesterday, asking me if I'm up and ready. They are here. What was I suppost to say? "No I'm still sleeping." It better get better from here.
laundrymom 11:00 AM 10-04-2011
That's when you text back. Sit tight, I'll text when I'm ready for you. Our contract is for 715am drop off but I'll text as soon as I'm ready.

Then sit down drink your coffee go back to bed if you want. Do your normal routine. Text them when you open. At regular time.
Originally Posted by B Lou:
So yesterday I had a new child start in daycare. She shows up over an hour late and then hangs around for 30 min before leaving. Alway helpful. NOT! so then this morning as I send my husband off to work at 6:15 I sit down with a cup of coffee and start to enjoy the next hour of quiet time before my first child is to arrive. I no sooner sit down and there are headlights in my driveway, my phone sends me a text. It's the same parent who was late yesterday, asking me if I'm up and ready. They are here. What was I suppost to say? "No I'm still sleeping." It better get better from here.

momma2girls 12:31 PM 10-05-2011
Don't open your door til the contracted time, you have with them, opening times
MommyMuffin 10:28 AM 10-06-2011
DCB mom is on maternity leave, father took 3 weeks paternity leave. Well her leave is coming to an end and DCB has come EVERY DAY!!

Its not that I dont want him here but I dont understand why his mom with some time off of work wouldnt want to spend a day with him. I know she has a new baby...but seriously I started doing dc again when my newborn was 2 weeks old.

I just wish her last week she would say she was going to keep XX home one day to spend sometime with him. I dont get it!!!

When I brought DD to dc anytime that I wasnt running errands or working I was picking her up, even calling in sick to work when I missed her too much to send her to dc.

After reading the carrying thread...this boy fits
Unregistered 10:52 AM 10-06-2011
I'm registered, but logged out cause pretty sure families can figure me out! I broke my little toe last nite and it hurts soooo bad. I went to urgent care and sat for 2 1/2 hours before been seen. Urgent care hours were over before I was seen, so now it's considered an ER visit It's really hard to keep up with a 1 year old when you can barely walk. Is it Friday yet?
Nellie 08:48 PM 10-06-2011
SIL thinks she can pay when ever............what ever...........Any other kid it would have been bye, bye. Child was here an entire month before she desided she was going to pay. It has been another month and she made the comment I'll have to get to a bank soon and get you paid up(do you think). Oh she did sign a contract that I read to her and explained to her. I had to say something to get paid the first time and she made some comment like "Oh, you NEED money." My husband and I don't absolutly NEED my daycare income, but it is how we get ahead and have extra. She gets a invoice every week.............I can almost see if they were strapped for cash, but they aren't.
Springdaze 06:21 AM 10-07-2011
today a dcm says to me her husband notices my son had bumps on his arms. she said her son, who doesnt come to me anymore has a rash and they took him to the dr. I told her my son has bugbites that he scratches like crazy. just annoying that i have to defend myself and my child. she wasnt mad, but still! mind ya own!
momma2girls 06:23 AM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by Nellie:
SIL thinks she can pay when ever............what ever...........Any other kid it would have been bye, bye. Child was here an entire month before she desided she was going to pay. It has been another month and she made the comment I'll have to get to a bank soon and get you paid up(do you think). Oh she did sign a contract that I read to her and explained to her. I had to say something to get paid the first time and she made some comment like "Oh, you NEED money." My husband and I don't absolutly NEED my daycare income, but it is how we get ahead and have extra. She gets a invoice every week.............I can almost see if they were strapped for cash, but they aren't.
Is there a contract that she signed?? Stick to your contract!! Write up a letter or tell her, she needs to pay every week, or late fees will be applied. BE STRONG!!!!
Meyou 08:50 AM 10-07-2011
DCG has a rash and DCM sprayed her with lavender oil today in case it was from bug bites. The oil is suppose to deter them from biting?

Me <------- violently allergy to lavender so I feel like my head is going to pop off if my brain doesn't drain out of my sinus's first.

That all would be fine except DH's parents are coming tomorrow and I'm having a full blown allergy attack instead of cleaning my house.
sharlan 03:30 PM 10-07-2011
I HATE the smell of lavender, HATE. My niece loves it and uses it in her room.

I would have put the child in the kitchen sink and washed the lavender off.
Meyou 04:01 AM 10-08-2011
I actually washed her off and washed her clothes but the damage was done and I couldn't get the smell out of the house. I took them outside 4 times yesterday to get some relief even though it was chilly. Then I took benadryl when the kids left and was fast asleep by 8pm. Poor dh wanted to watch a movie but I was done.

We're up bright and early to get the cleaning done for the inlaws now.
nannyde 07:14 AM 10-08-2011
Originally Posted by Meyou:
I actually washed her off and washed her clothes but the damage was done and I couldn't get the smell out of the house. I took them outside 4 times yesterday to get some relief even though it was chilly. Then I took benadryl when the kids left and was fast asleep by 8pm. Poor dh wanted to watch a movie but I was done.

We're up bright and early to get the cleaning done for the inlaws now.

Meyou

Don't you guys have a no scent law in NS?
Unregistered 04:44 AM 10-10-2011
why do you walk in my house talking about "yea, daddys off today, but mommys not!" and how your other kid has cavities so only give this one 100% juice no hawaiian punch. -- Its not, its crystal light, sugar free. ---still, just juice. grrrrr!!!!!!!
Meyou 07:24 AM 10-11-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Meyou

Don't you guys have a no scent law in NS?
We do but I've never had to enforce it. All gov't buildings are scent free and alot of businesses. It's not mandatory for regular businesses though. More of a courtesy at this point since so many other places are scent free.

My DC families are well aware of my allergies at the interview stage so this is the first DCK induced allergy attack I've had. Good times. lol I don't allow scented wipes, lotions, diapers or other products in my home because they make me miserable. This family has been here for 3 years and just had a brain fart I guess.

Dad apologized again today. When he picked up his kids the other night, another family was here and as soon as they saw me Mom exclaimed," OMG! You are so sick! Why didn't you call us to come get DCB?" I told them it was allergies and that I was 25 minutes from drugging myself into a happy benadryl stupor so all was well in my world. lol Lavender dad hung around until they left to apologize several times.

He won't be bringing anything stinky ever again. I will add it to my PHB for the next contract renewal though.
Nellie 08:12 AM 10-11-2011
We don't wear shoes in my house. One DCB his family was wood floors so they let him wear his shoes. I have white carpets. I didn't mind when he was little and not walking, but but now the shoes are walked around outside in them. For awhile she was bringing slippers for him to wear. Today he cried when she took his off. I was telling her he'd be fine with it once she left. She clapped them off and put them back on him. I scooped him up emmedatly before he ran across the carpet. Told her good bye and took off his shoes. Going to wash carpets tonight and in morning tell her that shoes have to be OFF carpets just washed.
nannyde 12:41 PM 10-11-2011
Originally Posted by Meyou:
We do but I've never had to enforce it. All gov't buildings are scent free and alot of businesses. It's not mandatory for regular businesses though. More of a courtesy at this point since so many other places are scent free.

My DC families are well aware of my allergies at the interview stage so this is the first DCK induced allergy attack I've had. Good times. lol I don't allow scented wipes, lotions, diapers or other products in my home because they make me miserable. This family has been here for 3 years and just had a brain fart I guess.

Dad apologized again today. When he picked up his kids the other night, another family was here and as soon as they saw me Mom exclaimed," OMG! You are so sick! Why didn't you call us to come get DCB?" I told them it was allergies and that I was 25 minutes from drugging myself into a happy benadryl stupor so all was well in my world. lol Lavender dad hung around until they left to apologize several times.

He won't be bringing anything stinky ever again. I will add it to my PHB for the next contract renewal though.
I have it as the first thing in my policies.

One whiff of musk and I will have a headache of biblical proportions. It's instant and it's SO SO SO SO painful.

Vanilla is another one....... ugh... I get anxious just typing that.
SilverSabre25 01:06 PM 10-11-2011
I found out this morning that a fuel tanker carrying around 9000 gallons of gasoline crashed on an interstate VERY close to me. Two MAJOR highways are closed right here by me. Traffic is effed. 141,000 cars usually go through this area EACH DAY. School busses are delayed; dozens were STILL out on the roads this morning at 10:47!! Everyone is using the surface roads. I was following this out of curiosity and because I go past that spot frequently, and then I realized that both my dcps have to get INTO this area to pick up !

I kind of expect them to be very, very, very late today.

The city is saying that the roads might not be open until tomorrow (Wednesday) night!

Oh, I should add--3000 gallons of fuel spilled out of a 3-inch hole.
Unregistered 04:11 PM 10-11-2011
Originally Posted by Sunshine44:
I'm so depressed and overwhelmed right now. Between the daycare and life in general. Pray it gets better quickly.
I'll pray for you if you pray for me (MARSTELAC here...cannot find my password at the moment). Please don't be depressed. Somedays are really overwhelming but just get on here and vent away. Hugs to you....
Meyou 05:09 AM 10-12-2011
I have it as the first thing in my policies.

One whiff of musk and I will have a headache of biblical proportions. It's instant and it's SO SO SO SO painful.

Vanilla is another one....... ugh... I get anxious just typing that.

Vanilla....shudder. That one gets me too. High school was brutal because it was all the rage at the time so every girl in school skinny dipped in vanilla extract every morning just to torture me. I was the girl with a box of kleenex in her backpack. Tres cool.
Cat Herder 06:30 AM 10-12-2011
I am a bit burnt out with "Diaper Thongs" requiring me to do multiple wardrobe changes, treat "Chronic Monday Diaper Rash" and do more loads of laundry a day.

I understand you get more diapers for the money in the smaller sizes BUT at what point is ENOUGH ENOUGH????

Yep, that feels better.
Meyou 08:02 AM 10-12-2011
I know that you can't be cranky for potty accidents but how about diaper deception? I'm only kinda not serious. lol

I changed DCG who is potty training and asked her if she needed to go sit and poop because she had told me she pooped. "No poops right now!" So no poop but a fresh diaper, washed hands, sit down to lunch and 30 seconds later, "I did my poop here. Change me now." Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

I was set up for a fresh pooping diaper.
sharlan 08:07 AM 10-12-2011
Stayed up way too late last night, woke up this morning with a migraine.

Boy #1 is in a mood, wouldn't go to preschool this morning, having a fixated morning. Boy #2 is being toy possessive, everything is mine. Boy #3 dumped water in the backyard for #1 and #2 to get into.

#1 and #2 ended up in their crying chairs for fighting. #3 is on the sofa watching Sprout as punishment.

Today is going to be a loooooooong day.
dave4him 10:08 AM 10-12-2011
Since i turned 30 on Sept 18th, we have had to replace our broken dryer, buy a new washer along with a new dryer, fix a broken dishwasher, got out car rammed into by someone who didnt wanted to stray from their lane rather than stay in it! And of all things after coming home from the insurance place with an estimate got pulled over for speeding 10 over in a school zone. So far its been a bad 30! OY
SilverSabre25 11:40 AM 10-12-2011
No, no, no, no, NO!

It's 45 minutes before nap is over you stinkers! It's a dark, rainy day.

WHY ARE YOU UP AND SHOUTING IN THE NAPROOM!?!

Plus, your attempts to see how loud you can be have just woken the overly exhausted teething baby in my arms. Now I mad. Now yummy homemade cookies or muffins for YOU today I guess.

Update: all it took was a stink-eye and a low-voiced lecture about being quiet and they quieted right down and I think went back to sleep. If they had woken up and quietly left the naproom I wouldn't care. It was the impromptu shouting contest that made my blood boil.
Meyou 12:12 PM 10-12-2011
Oooh! I love when stink eye works. Lucky break. I hate the loudness too. I have one early waker but she tip toes around when she gets up so she can play quietly. If I hear any noise from her it's back to lie down with everyone else.
Unregistered 01:19 PM 10-12-2011
Staff member quits via text yesterday, she told her co-teacher she wanted to get fired to collect unemployment. found out that there was a dinner last night and one of the staff members decided she was going to use all her vacation time before she quits without notice nice.. I smell mutiny! Well, I guess I need to just replace her then and let her go before vacation hugh?

GRRRRRR... people out of work, trying to make ends meet, you have some great staff that suffer when one of these slackers decide to do this!
dave4him 06:09 PM 10-12-2011
No i will not cut you a break on diapers just because you are family.... im way to nice for my own good
dave4him 07:08 AM 10-13-2011
sigh
its been such a hard few weeks lately and i havent even gotten the daycare started yet. Im worried and stressed and it affects everything else
hoopinglady 08:03 AM 10-13-2011
I am struck by the absurdity that I actually have to enforce the need to send your child in shoes and pants.

sigh.

i have ten children this week. 2 of which are extremely energetic school agers on break from school (siblings). The 7 year old poops his pants. His parents sent him in a diaper yesterday.

the (no pants/shoes) toddler is sleepy and aggressive..just walk around smacking and biting unless I am right on top of him. Poor little guy.

It's raining outside and we are stuck in the house. I tried marching them around the room and doing some organized movement and it seemed to calm them down for about five minutes. They are climbing the walls.

I've been ill and fighting a cold for over a week. My head is full of snot and I am just drained.

Ok.....back to it.
Cat Herder 08:29 AM 10-13-2011
Day 6 and still no sight of the sun.....

The constant drizzle, fog and generalized gloom needs to back off a bit...
logged out. 02:26 PM 10-14-2011
I am a registered member but have logged out.

I have been writing theis post in head for some time, but I think it might be a better Vent and make more sence in list form:

Background: I work in a house dedicated to childcare. I own this home with my partner. We have been in business for almost 10 years.

-for the last 6 years I have worked 1/3 more than my partner, we split the money 50/50
-for the last 5 years I have worked twice as much as my parnter, still $50/50
-for the last year I have worked at least 3/4 more hours than her, still $ 50/50
- for last month I have worked 100% alone, still $ 50/50
--she had a 'personal issue' and has been unable to 'handle the stress of daycare AND her emotions....whatever I am not heartless....get yourself put back together so you can be 100% when you come back.

-she is NOT using her time off as intended and refuses to communicate with me about the business.

- we purchased the daycare home less than a year ago (after renting for years) I found out last week the nearly 50,000 in rent credit we though we got was taken off of an inflated price...so really we bought it for market value in five years it will HAVE to have new windows and in 10 a new roof...we will not have the money for these things now that we don't have 50k in equity.

-I do ALL of the daycare house work (in and out) ALL of the house work (in and out) at my own home, and ALL of the house work (in only) at my boyfriend house
*this is something that I could take off my plate, but I want this to be the way our life together is and I am not will to sacrifice. When I get tired of cleaning 8 bathrooms and doing endless dishes (no dish washers and a three sink method @daycare) it is my personal home that suffers and get behind.

-I work open to close with no days off, and I have to rely on friends to take bank deposites bc I am working ALL hours they are open.

-I am currently over 2,000 behind on payroll bc my partner needed the money and for a week never came in to take a deposit in, I am currenly living off of my savings untill I can catch up.

-I have three REALLY terrible boys that et on my every last nerve and I find hard to handle, plus I am losing controll of all of teh kids bc I have to spend so much time focused on non-childrelated tasks, or one on one care (diapers, baby bottles) that they know I am distracted and are takign serious advatage of my weaknesses.

-I was running over capasity, but thankfully saw the worst comming and have made my numbers with in reg again. 8 all day EVERYday. I know it isnt fair to care when the parents bring kids when they are home, but I so despretly need a break and the only chance I have for one is if little naughty Jonnhy stays home for a day and it is just a little lighter load that day.

-I want out. I am finished. My partner refuses to sell, or talk to me about any type of solution that will get me out by my set date (three months away)

-In little talk about quiting she refuses to treat me as a partner -
----all IRS forms as filed as a partnership, both names on checking, and I am considered lead provider on state liscence, not to mention my time and effort.

- For years if anything didn't go her way she yelled stormed out and threatened to quit. I was scared I had no other way to make a living. I went back to school and now have a way to provide for myself out side of daycare, now that I want to leave she says she can't afored to quit this is her only option and if I leaves she will never have a chance...I realize now she never would have quit back then she was was lying....to keep me scared and her in controll.

My partner is my MOTHER
MommyMuffin 04:25 PM 10-14-2011
Originally Posted by logged out.:
I am a registered member but have logged out.

I have been writing theis post in head for some time, but I think it might be a better Vent and make more sence in list form:

Background: I work in a house dedicated to childcare. I own this home with my partner. We have been in business for almost 10 years.

-for the last 6 years I have worked 1/3 more than my partner, we split the money 50/50
-for the last 5 years I have worked twice as much as my parnter, still $50/50
-for the last year I have worked at least 3/4 more hours than her, still $ 50/50
- for last month I have worked 100% alone, still $ 50/50
--she had a 'personal issue' and has been unable to 'handle the stress of daycare AND her emotions....whatever I am not heartless....get yourself put back together so you can be 100% when you come back.

-she is NOT using her time off as intended and refuses to communicate with me about the business.

- we purchased the daycare home less than a year ago (after renting for years) I found out last week the nearly 50,000 in rent credit we though we got was taken off of an inflated price...so really we bought it for market value in five years it will HAVE to have new windows and in 10 a new roof...we will not have the money for these things now that we don't have 50k in equity.

-I do ALL of the daycare house work (in and out) ALL of the house work (in and out) at my own home, and ALL of the house work (in only) at my boyfriend house
*this is something that I could take off my plate, but I want this to be the way our life together is and I am not will to sacrifice. When I get tired of cleaning 8 bathrooms and doing endless dishes (no dish washers and a three sink method @daycare) it is my personal home that suffers and get behind.

-I work open to close with no days off, and I have to rely on friends to take bank deposites bc I am working ALL hours they are open.

-I am currently over 2,000 behind on payroll bc my partner needed the money and for a week never came in to take a deposit in, I am currenly living off of my savings untill I can catch up.

-I have three REALLY terrible boys that et on my every last nerve and I find hard to handle, plus I am losing controll of all of teh kids bc I have to spend so much time focused on non-childrelated tasks, or one on one care (diapers, baby bottles) that they know I am distracted and are takign serious advatage of my weaknesses.

-I was running over capasity, but thankfully saw the worst comming and have made my numbers with in reg again. 8 all day EVERYday. I know it isnt fair to care when the parents bring kids when they are home, but I so despretly need a break and the only chance I have for one is if little naughty Jonnhy stays home for a day and it is just a little lighter load that day.

-I want out. I am finished. My partner refuses to sell, or talk to me about any type of solution that will get me out by my set date (three months away)

-In little talk about quiting she refuses to treat me as a partner -
----all IRS forms as filed as a partnership, both names on checking, and I am considered lead provider on state liscence, not to mention my time and effort.

- For years if anything didn't go her way she yelled stormed out and threatened to quit. I was scared I had no other way to make a living. I went back to school and now have a way to provide for myself out side of daycare, now that I want to leave she says she can't afored to quit this is her only option and if I leaves she will never have a chance...I realize now she never would have quit back then she was was lying....to keep me scared and her in controll.

My partner is my MOTHER
I get that she is your mother, and we all love our mother, BUT we didnt get to pick our mothers. There is only so much you can take.

Your mother sounds very selfish and it sounds like she doesnt care about your happiness. You only get one life!!! Get out, do what you want and hopefully someday she would understand. You dont want to waste your life being leashed by your mother. Move on and she will have to too. Good for you for going to school!! Congrats! And good luck
dave4him 08:14 PM 10-14-2011
Vent begins now: Tired of the uphill bolder rolling i have been doing for the last four weeks! Feels like onething after another!
Vent ends
sharlan 07:52 AM 10-17-2011
The 2 8 yos decided to run through the mud and track it all over the patio I spent 45 mins power washing last night.
sharlan 08:54 AM 10-17-2011
Just called the grandma to pick up one of the 8 yos, tummy bug. I was planning on taking the kids to the pumpking patch when he got home from school today.

I sprayed down my whole house with alcohol. I didn't have a bleach solution made so I grabbed the alcohol.
Toni's Tots 02:15 PM 10-18-2011
I am having one of those days, I am new to the whole daycare thing. I love kids which is why I decided to do this after my second son was born. I am having an issue however because I have my own three month old plus another 3 month old (they are only 1 day apart) that I am watching...the other baby wants to be held ALL THE TIME but I just don't have time to hold him that much plus I don't think it's really fair to my little guy since I don't hold him as much....what should I do!?
Christina72684 02:20 PM 10-18-2011
I have a 7 month old daughter (she was 3months old when we opened) and we have my 3 month old nephew here. He cries all the time too! His mom doesn't want us to hold him too much because we will "spoil him." But on the flip side, babies need to be held and nurtured too. My daughter has been an angle (not to brag lol) and only cries if she's really hungry or really tired. Luckily I have an assistant who can take care of him or else I don't know what I'd do! It's still hard because we have a total of 12 kids and she can't just tend to him all day long, but it definitely helps!
Toni's Tots 03:00 PM 10-18-2011
Yeah. I'm hoping that this doesn't burn me out because it's just me. He's a sweet little boy when he's happy but I just don't have enough arms to hold both.
familyschoolcare 05:11 PM 10-18-2011
If this child tells me this one more time, I just might smack him. All right not really I would never smack a kid. However, seriously do not tell me Yah, I know, when your behavior and actions clearly show you do not know.

It is getting better because I started saying since you know then I will not have to remind you ever again I will just discipline you for not behaving correctly. To which he usually says yah I know. At least the behaviors are stopping.
MarinaVanessa 06:22 PM 10-18-2011
Originally Posted by Christina72684:
I have a 7 month old daughter (she was 3months old when we opened) and we have my 3 month old nephew here. He cries all the time too! His mom doesn't want us to hold him too much because we will "spoil him." But on the flip side, babies need to be held and nurtured too. My daughter has been an angle (not to brag lol) and only cries if she's really hungry or really tired. Luckily I have an assistant who can take care of him or else I don't know what I'd do! It's still hard because we have a total of 12 kids and she can't just tend to him all day long, but it definitely helps!
You let her know that any good child development professional will tell you that there is NO WAY to spoil an infant that small. The last thing you need is for that baby to develop a complex or trust issues because the baby wants some snuggle time .
mema 01:32 PM 10-19-2011
Is it Friday yet? Last week was a great week, so I should've known this week would be edgy.

DCB 15mon won't sleep and has been screaming for the last 2 days (hopefully just catching a cold or teething or something short lived).

DCB-A goes into to use bathroom before rest time. Comes out goes to his cot. DCB-B goes in bathroom, comes out and goes "I'm not going to use the bathroom." I replied that we all use the bathroom before rest. He asked if he could use the other one (no-MINE!). I walk in there and there is poop all over the toilet and toilet paper holder! WTH! I asked DCB-A (who's 5 btw) if there was anything he needed to tell me. Nope. I walk him to the bathroom and repeat the question. Still, nope. Really???? Can you not see that???
SilverSabre25 06:25 AM 10-20-2011
I'm exhausted this week. I can't seem to sleep much at night. I was up with DD for an hour at 3 AM after she had a nightmare and needed me to stay with her (she has a full size bed and I could have gone back to sleep except she kept wiggling and talking).

My cat is puking all over the place this morning, making for obnoxious clean-up chores. She's either mad and growling, or she's feeling miserable and moaning. Can't tell which. I don't even know if sick cats would make a moaning sound but that's sure what it sounds like.

I have a birthday party to prepare for on Sunday, which means cooking, cleaning, and baking a cake...which don't get me wrong I LOVE cake decorating...but it's time consuming and I'm a perfectionist and the kids in my family (including DD!) don't choose simple cakes very often.

It's been raining for two days and the kids are getting antsy, despite me having a bunch of gross-motor stuff available.

I have one little boy who thinks he's Lightning McQueen and for some reason this is involving hitting people with cars. My other dcb will be here soon and the two boys bounce energy off each other and make my head go kerplooey.

Someone's coming to see about the water in the naproom...and with a full-house of kids that will be interesting to say the least.

And did I mention that I'm exhausted?
karen 11:39 AM 10-20-2011
How come parents find it so hard to discipline???? One of my little boys......He will be three in December.
Repeatedly runs into the street at pickup time. YES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET! I did finally get really mad one day and kind of yelled at the Grandma. I told her she needed to have better control over him. I also went on to give her details how my ex boss lost her 2 and a half your old son! It didn't sink in.
Decides to beat up the other children at pick up times
Comes to my house with a binky in his mouth when the mom told me months ago that we were all done using them!!!!!
I am trying to remain positive but seriously this boy does not act like that when his family isn't around! He has tried in the begining and found out that Miss Karen doesn't play!
sharlan 08:00 PM 10-20-2011
We went to a county park today that has tons of fun stuff for Halloween. We went on a hayride, train ride, and walked through the little zoo. I gave the kids the choice of going through the pumpkin patch in 15 mins or going back next week and having time for the games and mazes. The oldest one thought for a few secs and realized which was a better deal.

After we got home, they were in the back yard playing and I could see the 4 yo playing in the sand box, but could hear some pounding. The oldest one was beating everything in the backyard with a plastic baseball bat.

I spend my time, my gas, trying to do something nice for this kid and he tries to thank me by breaking a toy and trashing my backyard.

I told him that if that's how he says "thank you", we're not going back next week.
AfterSchoolMom 11:37 AM 10-23-2011
This isn't a dc related vent, but I needed to vent anyways....

My cat brought in FLEAS. I've treated her, but now need to treat the house which calls for lots and lots of vacuuming. My vacuum shut off after five minutes and now it won't turn back on.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SilverSabre25 02:28 PM 10-23-2011
The dishwasher broke...on top of the rest of the stuff going on, the dishwasher broke today.

*sigh*

I hate doing dishes by hand...loathe it, actually. I dread it more than any other household chore.

I'm going to call a repair guy, but...it's an old dishwasher and if the part that's broken is more than about $10, it will make a lot more sense to just get a new one. SOON.

Rawr.
Springdaze 04:37 AM 10-31-2011
I cant stand it when a child gets sick and the parents ask "has anyone else been sick?" I even had a dad get in a 2 yos face and say "your the one who got my kids sick!"
sharlan 08:27 AM 10-31-2011
That father would have been gone from the premises.
awestbrook713 09:03 AM 10-31-2011
school called and wants mom to pick up daughter who they think has pink eye, instead she calls to see if I want to take on the problem, nope sorry not for what I am getting paid which is another issue we need to discuss. Sick and tired of this mom, her rude daughter who says I want never please or thank you unless asked what is the nice thing to say.

DCG says to me the other day I wish you had chocolate. Mom gives her chocolate to go potty in the toilet. We don't get treats for going potty. Hope mom is ready to have a daughter in pullups for a long time.

What is wrong with parents!!!
sharlan 01:38 PM 10-31-2011
I let my 8 yo pick out a pumpkin at the pumpkin patch last Tues. I was hoping that his dad would carve it with him. NOPE. The dad and his girlfriend each carved pumpkins last night but wouldn't let the 8 yo help.

It's been irritating me all day.
Bookworm 07:08 PM 10-31-2011
I hate it when parents get mad because their child gets left behind for a field trip because mom/dad didn't feel like getting up to get little Susie to school at the right time. We give u that time for reason. Having to wait on the slackers used to constantly make us late but no more. I now have no problem leaving my cell # and directions at the center. Boy, that felt good.
sharlan 09:42 PM 10-31-2011
OT

I just got a call (9:40PM), "Is this the ***** court house?" Do people really believe the court is open at 10 PM?
sahm2three 09:38 AM 11-01-2011
All the sudden EVERYONE is having money issues and I have gotten paid by NO ONE yet this week. And one of my families whose ex husband is deployed and wages are supposed to be garnished, isn't receiving her money so I can't cash last weeks check yet and can't cash this weeks check. Why is daycare the last bill to be paid?! At this rate I won't have any kids tomorrow because no one has paid! UGH!
SilverSabre25 03:12 PM 11-03-2011
I'm going stir-crazy!!!!! Usually I get out of the house several evenings a week to at least run errands. I used to get to go to my sister's house for knitting once a week after the kids were in bed.

But not anymore...I've been stuck at the house since Monday and I'm going NUTS. Really I can hardly stand it.

This is the only downside to this new job of DH's. We have my mom's car available to us to use...but I don't like using it too much because I don't want to put *too* many miles on it before she gets it back (yes, for those of you who remember last year when my mom got sick, she's not living on her own yet or driving yet). We've needed a few groceries for two days now and I'm not going to get them until tomorrow. we have books overdue at the library and I can't get them back either.

Right now, tonight, even the mantra "big paycheck, big paycheck, big paycheck" isn't helping anything.

DH is off tomorrow morning (until 2 PM) and could stay with the dcks so I can get out of here but I'm not going to ask him to do that because he's been working 14 hour days all week. Okay, yeah, so have I, but that's not the point. He gets super grouchy when he stays with the kids and I don't want to deal with it. I don't even get to see him much right now...he comes home from work at 11 PM and I'm desperate for an adult to talk to and all he wants to do is watch ESPN and play on the computer...he doesn't want to talk much.

Sorry this is a total whine fest; I've just spent most of the past two days on the verge of tears, for no particular reason. Dread of the next 6.5 weeks I guess. I can't even tell him because the last time I tried to explain how I am feeling about this (yay money, boo being alone all.the.time), he just ignored *my* side and talked about how hard it is for him to not see the kids, etc. He didn't want to hear about how being WITH the kids is just as hard (harder....) than being without them. I'd give a lot for even one hour, one blissful quiet hour, without my kids. Without being fussed at by someone too small to reason with. I love my children, but I've been in their constant presence for going on 4 days, and the baby has been crazy fussy and clingy.

I just need to do a brain dump I guess.
queenbee 05:33 PM 11-03-2011
Dear Parent,

Thank you for putting your 20lb, 18mo child in size 6 diapers. Your child woke up to a wonderfully wet bed where the extremely loose diaper hung and caused leaking. I can see where the diaper boxes can be confusing, I myself fail to sometimes read the ouside of the box where it CLEARLY labels the pounds that a child should be with different sizes. Even with a few requests to bring a smaller size, you keep fantastically ignoring me while continuing to bring in size 6 diapers.

Thankfully (and I think you'll really enjoy this part), I've collected a large amount of extra diapers in various sizes from left-overs from potty-trained children and donations and I will be replacing your diapers with my extra diapers that fit juuuuuuust riiiiiiiiight on your little one

This idea came to me as I was outside this evening washing a new pack'n'play your child peed on. I believe this will work out so great for the both of us - your child will be in diapers that fit and I will be replenshing my stash of diapers with a lot of size 6's which I was very low on.

Thank you so much for you "cooperation" and your donations of diapers.

Sincerely,
Ms Tee
Meyou 03:54 AM 11-04-2011
Seriously....if you think you need to send your child with cough medicine and vaporub because they're sick then why are you surprised when I say, "They're sick" and that they need to stay home today???
Cat Herder 06:43 AM 11-04-2011
Originally Posted by queenbee:
Dear Parent,

Thank you for putting your 20lb, 18mo child in size 6 diapers. Your child woke up to a wonderfully wet bed where the extremely loose diaper hung and caused leaking. I can see where the diaper boxes can be confusing, I myself fail to sometimes read the ouside of the box where it CLEARLY labels the pounds that a child should be with different sizes. Even with a few requests to bring a smaller size, you keep fantastically ignoring me while continuing to bring in size 6 diapers.

Thankfully (and I think you'll really enjoy this part), I've collected a large amount of extra diapers in various sizes from left-overs from potty-trained children and donations and I will be replacing your diapers with my extra diapers that fit juuuuuuust riiiiiiiiight on your little one

This idea came to me as I was outside this evening washing a new pack'n'play your child peed on. I believe this will work out so great for the both of us - your child will be in diapers that fit and I will be replenshing my stash of diapers with a lot of size 6's which I was very low on.

Thank you so much for you "cooperation" and your donations of diapers.

Sincerely,
Ms Tee
Love it.... I am currently dealing with chronic "Plumbers Crack", "Blowouts" and "Diaper Thongs".

Parent: "But I have 3 cases of them."...... Size 4; kid wears a 6

Maybe we could work out a trade.
DaycareMomma 09:15 AM 11-04-2011
So I have a few I need to get off my chest....

First, my sister usually calls me on her lunch hour and if I'm free I'll answer. Well the other day she goes "I don't know what I'm going to do if you ever get a real job, who would I call on my lunch hour." Um HELLO I HAVE A REAL JOB!!!!!!!!!! I could have just slapped her! She thinks that my job is just a walk in the park and that I'm free to talk to her whenever she needs me... not so little brat!

Then, there is a family that gave me a 2 week notice and their excuse for doing so was this "We want ***xx to have a preschool program in his daycare and we'd like for him to get more outdoor time." Um hello, the daycare you are going to does NOT do a preschool program, I know that because she's my best friend, plus we go outside EVERY day if the weather is acceptable to do so. If you don't like my daycare or how I run things, just tell me, don't like. I'm pretty sure she's leaving because I enforced my late payment fee of $20 for non payment. She was supposed to pay me Friday and didn't pay til Monday night, so she got $20 added onto her following weeks bill and magically that night she started calling around for other daycare..

Ahhh thank you so much for letting me get that off my chest!
hoopinglady 03:01 PM 11-07-2011
Drama with one daycare family whom I always set a poor precedent with. I let them pay late. Payment due on Monday, I've not gotten it earlier than Wednesday a handful of times. Daycare is dad's child support.

I need the money today. I am struggling so much and barely living paycheck to paycheck. I texted her I needed paid today and ended up getting a bunch of drama. She kept saying, "I'll pay you tomorrow" and "I'll TRY to get it tonight" I said no, I need it tonight. Finally said, "look we need diapers and food tonight. It sucks that I live paycheck to paycheck but I do" God, how humiliating. Dad called me directly and is supposedly paying me tomorrow for two weeks and will "make sure I have it on time from now on". He was sweet as pie and reasonable even though I am still not getting my money tonight.

She arrived for pick up and said he said they'll just look for another sitter if it's that big of a deal and if I'm living paycheck to paycheck. What a kick in the teeth for charging them next to nothing!!!! So now I don't know who to believe and have to brace for getting fired. He's firing me because I want to be paid? um.....

She then goes on to say that dcb, 3.5 is going to be "taking medicine now" and that she "could not deal with him this weekend" I adore this boy. He is starved for attention and I work with him a lot. I do not want him to be medicated.

THEN I get a call that my other new dcb who hasn't been here in three days dad is getting laid off and sorry for the short notice but doesn't need daycare.

I know I did this to myself and I am planning night and day to get my program to be what I want and fix the mistakes I've made so far. It's a little difficult to improve the business with no income!

After the walk from hell this morning, I am so frazzled. I just want to cry right now.
jen 03:05 PM 11-07-2011
Originally Posted by hoopinglady:
Drama with one daycare family whom I always set a poor precedent with. I let them pay late. Payment due on Monday, I've not gotten it earlier than Wednesday a handful of times. Daycare is dad's child support.

I need the money today. I am struggling so much and barely living paycheck to paycheck. I texted her I needed paid today and ended up getting a bunch of drama. She kept saying, "I'll pay you tomorrow" and "I'll TRY to get it tonight" I said no, I need it tonight. Finally said, "look we need diapers and food tonight. It sucks that I live paycheck to paycheck but I do" God, how humiliating. Dad called me directly and is supposedly paying me tomorrow for two weeks and will "make sure I have it on time from now on". He was sweet as pie and reasonable even though I am still not getting my money tonight.

She arrived for pick up and said he said they'll just look for another sitter if it's that big of a deal and if I'm living paycheck to paycheck. What a kick in the teeth for charging them next to nothing!!!! So now I don't know who to believe and have to brace for getting fired. He's firing me because I want to be paid? um.....

She then goes on to say that dcb, 3.5 is going to be "taking medicine now" and that she "could not deal with him this weekend" I adore this boy. He is starved for attention and I work with him a lot. I do not want him to be medicated.

THEN I get a call that my other new dcb who hasn't been here in three days dad is getting laid off and sorry for the short notice but doesn't need daycare.

I know I did this to myself and I am planning night and day to get my program to be what I want and fix the mistakes I've made so far. It's a little difficult to improve the business with no income!

After the walk from hell this morning, I am so frazzled. I just want to cry right now.
Hugs! That whole thing just sucks. Here is to getting better clients, who pay on time so you won't have to live paycheck to paycheck!!!
hoopinglady 06:36 PM 11-07-2011
Originally Posted by jen:
Hugs! That whole thing just sucks. Here is to getting better clients, who pay on time so you won't have to live paycheck to paycheck!!!
Thank you, dear. I know..it is totally in the back of my mind that this is a blessing, but still....
mema 10:47 AM 11-08-2011
OMG! It there a full moon coming or something? I have a DCG-2.75 that has been screaming and crying at EVERY meal. The food is nothing new. We've had it all before. I take her down and tell her when she is done screaming she can return to the table. She says ok, calms down and goes back to the table. 2 minutes later, she starts in again. She didn't eat breakfast today because after going back and starting in again, I just removed her and the plate.
She also refused to put shoes on to go for a walk. Everyone else was ready to go, so I had her sit at the front door and everyone else waited outside on the step so she could see that we were waiting for her. After 10 minutes, I finally got her to let me put them on. She cried and screamed the first 10 or so houses. My poor neighbors. She rarely cries or pitches a fit, so I'm not sure what is going on, but I hope it doesn't last.
BigMama 11:04 AM 11-08-2011
I had a busy but good morning with the DCKs. It is unseasonably warm here so we played outside and went for a walk after our morning activities. They all ate a good lunch and went down for their naps so peacefully. I knew they were tired and I was looking forward to getting some much needed organizing done while they napped. Weeeelllll....my neighbor has two toddlers (ages 1 and 2) that don't nap and she had them outside. They use my backyard like it is a public playground (a whole other issue), but today her 2-year-old decided that he needed to be on my front porch. Because it was so nice out I had the front windows open...windows that lead right into where the kids are sleeping. Well, the boy is talking and shouting and the mom is talking in her regular loud voice. They had already woke up one DCK when I went over & shut the windows (which she apparently took offense to). Seriously? SERIOUSLY?
Cat Herder 12:37 PM 11-08-2011
So I fell, injured my arm and now EVERYTHING is taking twice as long to get done. Grrr.. I am tired, my arm hurts AND I'm grumpy.

This week needs to end, NOW.

Where's the caffeine and chocolate???
queenbee 01:56 PM 11-08-2011
In my November newsletter, I reiterated my policy of No Naptime Pickups.

My separate garage is converted to our daycare room with a kitchen and a bathroom and a separate infant space.....but we are all in the same large room. All of my children start getting tucked into mats and into pack'n'plays at around 12pm everyday.

Today TWO of my parents informed me that the kids have doctor appointments and that they will be picking up between 12:30 and 1pm.

Really?

I absolutely dread pickups that happen during naptime. It disrupts my schedule and then I have to keep up kids who should be sleeping and who then cry because they want to lay down.

Never again. The parents got a big ol' *sigh* and I reminded them AGAIN, that I don't allow naptime pick-ups and that they need to schedule appointments after naptime. I can only imagine the crying and fit-throwing the parents have to listen to on the way to the doctors.

Why would anyhone schedule a child's doctor appointment during naptime?
SilverSabre25 02:14 PM 11-08-2011
Gulp...I have to go vote by myself with two cranky children. Here's hoping the wait is short.
kayla 03:27 PM 11-09-2011
Ok this has been seriously bugging me for awhile now. my husband works with one of my daycare parents. Awhile back he heard her talking to another co-worker saying "oh i never leave my kid at daycare unless i need to" well i have her child everyday for the max amount of time they seriously wait til 4:59 a min before i close to pick up their child, mind you hes already been kicked out of a daycare here in town. Well my problem is she has been off at 2:00 everyday, you think she could pick up her child who is disruptive early??? oh no... i get that you have things to do but me myself i would pick up my child to spend time with them. i've come to the conclusion she leaves him because she cannot stand him well im pregnant and they know that, even on days when i tell them hes my only kid they still dont come and pick him up until i close, im thinking im gonna start closing early on days i just have him because i know the dad doesnt work and my husband is her boss and i know she gets off at 2, any help would sure be appreciated!!! im rally starting to stress out
daycare 04:28 PM 11-09-2011
start charging by the hour.....about $6.50 an hour and I bet she will pick up as soon as she is off of work
Christian Mother 04:42 PM 11-09-2011
Originally Posted by kayla:
Ok this has been seriously bugging me for awhile now. my husband works with one of my daycare parents. Awhile back he heard her talking to another co-worker saying "oh i never leave my kid at daycare unless i need to" well i have her child everyday for the max amount of time they seriously wait til 4:59 a min before i close to pick up their child, mind you hes already been kicked out of a daycare here in town. Well my problem is she has been off at 2:00 everyday, you think she could pick up her child who is disruptive early??? oh no... i get that you have things to do but me myself i would pick up my child to spend time with them. i've come to the conclusion she leaves him because she cannot stand him well im pregnant and they know that, even on days when i tell them hes my only kid they still dont come and pick him up until i close, im thinking im gonna start closing early on days i just have him because i know the dad doesnt work and my husband is her boss and i know she gets off at 2, any help would sure be appreciated!!! im rally starting to stress out
How long have you had this family in care? I think it's time to have a meeting with the family. Explain to them that you've noticed repeatedly that pick up is late each day. Ask them if they need more hrs. If your willing to do this set a specific fee on charge of what you already charge the family. If you really would like them to pick up early since she gets off at 2pm then tell her you have now made a change to your contract and policies that you will only care for children that are working. Since she is now off at 2pm she will need to pick up. If she wishes to use more hrs and your ok with that then put a price to it otherwise tell her no. The things is by changing she could term. or you have that choice to term if she isn't willing to pick up on time. You have couple of options really. Good Luck!
auntbecca 08:33 AM 11-10-2011
This is my first time posting, and this venting thread came in handy today!

When I give parents my policies to sign and a copy to keep I was under the misconception that they would actually read them. I even go over the policies with them. Especially the one about two full weeks notice of an absence or they will be charged for the scheduled day. 9 days is not two weeks notice. She is a bank teller, i assumed she could count. (Please excuse the snarkiness) Anyway when I told her how much she owes me for the week she got all crabby about having to pay for Veteran's Day because she is off work. I am not closed that day. I have two of her kids all day and one after school. I can't afford to not make her follow the same rules as my other parents. I am not getting rich off of $2 an hour! So she sent me a text and told me just so we were clear she is off every federal holiday and the kids will not be here on those days.

My husband was right, I shouldn't babysit for people I know. But in a small town, I know everybody.
Christian Mother 10:09 AM 11-10-2011
Originally Posted by auntbecca:

When I give parents my policies to sign and a copy to keep I was under the misconception that they would actually read them. I even go over the policies with them. Especially the one about two full weeks notice of an absence or they will be charged for the scheduled day. 9 days is not two weeks notice. She is a bank teller, i assumed she could count. (Please excuse the snarkiness) Anyway when I told her how much she owes me for the week she got all crabby about having to pay for Veteran's Day because she is off work. I am not closed that day. I have two of her kids all day and one after school. I can't afford to not make her follow the same rules as my other parents. I am not getting rich off of $2 an hour! So she sent me a text and told me just so we were clear she is off every federal holiday and the kids will not be here on those days.

My husband was right, I shouldn't babysit for people I know. But in a small town, I know everybody.
What is in your phb and contract about paid holidays? Do you have anything in there about being paid regardless of whether the kids are in care or not? You might need to make a change this upcoming yr with that new policy. I ashually need to do that this yr as well. That way I am covered. Regardless as to whether the parent has a personal day or sick day what have you. If they decide to take it off and keep there child home then they will still have to pay regardless. Specially if daycare is open. She paid for that day so she always has the option to bring dck's to you....
familyschoolcare 11:17 AM 11-10-2011

Tell the parent you have too much going on all year long to keep track of what days are Federal holidays so she will still need to give you a two week notice. After all she could ddecied to make plans for that day and bring the kids. At least that is the way it sounded.
auntbecca 11:35 AM 11-10-2011
Originally Posted by Christian Mother:
What is in your phb and contract about paid holidays? Do you have anything in there about being paid regardless of whether the kids are in care or not? You might need to make a change this upcoming yr with that new policy. I ashually need to do that this yr as well. That way I am covered. Regardless as to whether the parent has a personal day or sick day what have you. If they decide to take it off and keep there child home then they will still have to pay regardless. Specially if daycare is open. She paid for that day so she always has the option to bring dck's to you....
My policy states that if they are scheduled for that day and I am open they have to pay for that day unless they give me two weeks notice and then they can use one of their 10 days I give each year for parents to take the kids out for vacation. And her kids are scheduled for Fridays when the holiday falls. I also require them to pay if they take off a sick day. The only time I don't require payment is if I close due. I plan to update my policies and have the parents sign again, but I doubt it will make a difference. I've been trying for 6 months to get one parent to understand I open at 7:15, not 7:07.
Christian Mother 08:09 PM 11-10-2011
My policy states that if they are scheduled for that day and I am open they have to pay for that day unless they give me two weeks notice and then they can use one of their 10 days I give each year for parents to take the kids out for vacation. And her kids are scheduled for Fridays when the holiday falls. I also require them to pay if they take off a sick day. The only time I don't require payment is if I close due. I plan to update my policies and have the parents sign again, but I doubt it will make a difference. I've been trying for 6 months to get one parent to understand I open at 7:15, not 7:07.
Then I would call her and if she doesn't answer advise her per message that per your guys contract that your paid regardless of federal holidays. If she wish's to take a day off it needs to be in writing..and a text message will not be excepted as form of writing. Let her know that she can use 1 of the 10 days you give her as a free holiday if that is how she wishes to use it. Other wise she will still need to pay. As far as opening time lock your door turn the lights out and if someone comes knocking that early don't answer. Not til 7:15am right on the dot. Then turn lights on and unlock your door at 7:15am if you have a parent upset tell them that you do NOT open up til then. If they continue to come early then will not be welcomed in to daycare. If they get upset advise them that if they wish to have a meeting on changing the time to best fit there needs to schedule one with you. Then at that time you can determine if you'd like to open early...but make sure you charge a extra fee for that service. I guarantee that if you put a fee to it that they will not come early or they will wait in their car.
Cat Herder 05:26 AM 11-11-2011
DCM: "Have you changed cleaners? It seems I am having to take twice as many sick days as last winter. I am going to get fired!!!!"

Me: "No, hun. Same cleaner, same routine. Maybe it is because you have twice as many kids as last winter?"

DCM: " Oh, yeah, I guess that makes sense."

Yep, I am having a Good Morning.....
Blackcat31 06:49 AM 11-11-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
DCM: "Have you changed cleaners? It seems I am having to take twice as many sick days as last winter. I am going to get fired!!!!"

Me: "No, hun. Same cleaner, same routine. Maybe it is because you have twice as many kids as last winter?"

DCM: " Oh, yeah, I guess that makes sense."

Yep, I am having a Good Morning.....
(Please forgive me Cat...because I do feel for you, but I can't help it....)

I love when we have to point out the obvious....
Cat Herder 07:39 AM 11-11-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
(Please forgive me Cat...because I do feel for you, but I can't help it....)

I love when we have to point out the obvious....
I know.....

I guess it is only obvious when it happens to someone else?

I just don't understand why the first person they want to blame is me when they have taken their kids to Walmart and fast food restaraunt playgrounds 3 times this week already.

Eh, like I said, I am having a bad week. TGIF!!!!!!!!
small_steps 09:07 AM 11-11-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I know.....

I guess it is only obvious when it happens to someone else?

I just don't understand why the first person they want to blame is me when they have taken their kids to Walmart and fast food restaraunt playgrounds 3 times this week already.

Eh, like I said, I am having a bad week. TGIF!!!!!!!!
I completely agree. Why is daycare the first thing they blame when their kiddo is sick? We actually clean and sanitize the things their children put in their mouth...the walmart shopping cart not so sanitary
nannyde 01:36 PM 11-11-2011
Originally Posted by small_steps:
I completely agree. Why is daycare the first thing they blame when their kiddo is sick? We actually clean and sanitize the things their children put in their mouth...the walmart shopping cart not so sanitary
Because if they claim the illness is FROM daycare then they believe the child should be able to BE at daycare when they are sick.

It's the providers fault the kid is sick
The kids at daycare have already been exposed

This kind of thinking is one major brick in the wall of parents purposely bringing sick and/or doped up kids to care. It makes them feel better about their decision to lie to the provider and mask illness.

It makes them feel A LOT better if they believe the provider caused it and the other kids aren't at increased risk because they have already been exposed and likely were the carrier of the illness to their child.
LittleD 07:41 PM 11-11-2011
Had my newest family, of 16 mth old, tell me they are going to try potty training! Sweet child is not goof with communication, but every time mom goes to toilet, child is right there wanting to imitate. Likes to sit on the potty. She hasn't asked me to try here, but has mentioned/hinted several times. I smile, nod and say "Good luck with that! Let me know how it's going!" I have my info about potty training from NannyDe, waiting and ready to go for when they do ask!
Sunchimes 07:47 PM 11-11-2011
I think that is where the mom of my 15 mo old is heading. She's always pushed her to do things early, and the last 2 mornings, she came in telling me that the baby woke up with a dry diaper. My first thought was that she wasn't getting enough water and I would keep an eye on it. Mom's explanation was that she was finally old enough to "hold" it that long.

She has a new baby due in a couple of months, and I'm afraid she is going to want her potty trained by the time it arrives.
nannyde 06:44 AM 11-12-2011
Originally Posted by LittleD:
I have my info about potty training from NannyDe, waiting and ready to go for when they do ask!
Good for you

Make sure you emphasize that she has to SAY the words "I have to go potty". You don't accept sign language or nonverbal behavior. It has to be the actual words.

With a child that young I would not even discuss potty training. I wouldn't agree to putting them on the potty or having parent conferences regarding training. At this age they need to work on it completely at home without involving child care. He's too young to even conference about it with the parents.
safechner 05:56 PM 11-12-2011
Good for you

Make sure you emphasize that she has to SAY the words "I have to go potty". You don't accept sign language or nonverbal behavior. It has to be the actual words.

What do you mean that you don't accept sign language "potty?" Doing daycare for 10 years and I have taught all kids how to use sign language, "potty" when they need to go. It works very good.
nannyde 06:17 PM 11-12-2011
Originally Posted by safechner:
What do you mean that you don't accept sign language "potty?" Doing daycare for 10 years and I have taught all kids how to use sign language, "potty" when they need to go. It works very good.
Hmmm

I'll take the actual words please.
Tags:social media, vent
1 2 3 11 51  ... Last
Reply Up