Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Surveillance Cameras
Unregistered 08:16 AM 05-24-2019
(system won't let me log in or change my pw)
I was told to get a waiver or some kind of form for my security cameras. They are outside only. I was told it's ok to have but I need a form saying it's ok that way if I ever need to use the videos there isn't a privacy issue.
I already have paperwork for pictures and videos.
bubblegum 08:18 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
(system won't let me log in or change my pw)
I was told to get a waiver or some kind of form for my security cameras. They are outside only. I was told it's ok to have but I need a form saying it's ok that way if I ever need to use the videos there isn't a privacy issue.
I already have paperwork for pictures and videos.
finally got the pw reset
Michael 09:35 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by bubblegum:
finally got the pw reset
And you figured out your PS for here also.
Cat Herder 10:24 AM 05-24-2019
I have never heard of that and have no intention of ever doing it.

Where did you get that info? Are you sure it was for our own private home security cameras? Kind of defeats the purpose.
trix23 04:28 PM 06-04-2019
I don't think that's true, honestly. I've had jobs where there's been cameras inside the store and I've never signed a waiver, so....
AmyKidsCo 01:40 PM 06-05-2019
Who told you to get a waiver?
Blackcat31 02:18 PM 06-05-2019
I have video cameras both inside and out
Licensing told me to get a signed statement from each parent acknowledging that they know I am recording at all times. I think waiver is the wrong word.
Parents do not and will not have access to any of my recordings but should I need to use them for my own purposes I think it’s only right that the parents be aware that I am recording
bubblegum 08:15 AM 06-11-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I have never heard of that and have no intention of ever doing it.

Where did you get that info? Are you sure it was for our own private home security cameras? Kind of defeats the purpose.
my compliance lady told me hmmmmm
bubblegum 08:16 AM 06-11-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Licensing told me to get a signed statement from each parent acknowledging that they know I am recording at all times. I think waiver is the wrong word.
Parents do not and will not have access to any of my recordings but should I need to use them for my own purposes I think it’s only right that the parents be aware that I am recording
Is it a simple statement saying they are you are recording with a signature?
Cat Herder 12:18 PM 06-11-2019
Maybe a simple sign stating that the property is under video surveillance would suffice. I would not mind that as it would be common courtesy, although that ship has already sailed.

Where can anyone go and not be recorded these days? It is assumed, a given. We have no right to privacy outside of our homes, not even in our backyards. The drone and goggle map lawsuits already decided that, right?
hwichlaz 09:15 AM 06-12-2019
posting signs is sufficient, just like at walmart They are giving their consent to be recorded by reading the sign and still choosing to stick around. It may be different if you also record audio.
Mom2Two 11:56 AM 06-14-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Maybe that's different from state to state. I think that in Utah we are allowed to record others. People just are not allowed to record convos between other people that they themselves are not openly part of (i.e. spying).

But perhaps that law has changed since I last checked.
Tags:privacy, security cameras
Reply Up