Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Who Call The Technique? (On Potty Training)
Unregistered 06:27 AM 06-03-2019
Do you guys follows what the parents says or do your own thing at daycare? I have a parent says they want their child without underwear/ pulls ups or whatever just pants. So the kid will know how it feels. U
Problem is that we have carpeted flooring and babies crawl around here and there. We have managed to always keep eveything clean and can't imagine getting peed here and there. What do you usually do when parents quite micromanaging things?
Thanks!
Blackcat31 06:36 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Do you guys follows what the parents says or do your own thing at daycare? I have a parent says they want their child without underwear/ pulls ups or whatever just pants. So the kid will know how it feels. U
Problem is that we have carpeted flooring and babies crawl around here and there. We have managed to always keep eveything clean and can't imagine getting peed here and there. What do you usually do when parents quite micromanaging things?
Thanks!
Unless the parents are willing to come clean the carpets and make sure my floors are safe from "ick" ALL children that are not 100% trained wear protective covering in the form of plastic pants over their trainer underwear, diapers or Pull ups.

This is MY business, MY floors and MY responsibility to keep the floors clean.

If parents want their child to roam freely without any protective cover, they can keep their child home and allow them to do it at their house.
Ariana 07:01 AM 06-03-2019
I tell parents that “for sanitary reasons new potty learners MUST be in pullups at all times. Other children cannot be exposed to urine and I do not have the time to properly sanitize while supervising X amount of kids. Once their pullups are dry consistently for two weeks because they are going to the toilet I will have them here in undies and pants. If you want your child only in undies then you need to find a time where you are at home for a long amount of time such as a vacation to do that. Then when they come to me and have been dry in their pullups for two weeks here they can go into undies”.
Gemma 09:02 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I tell parents that “for sanitary reasons new potty learners MUST be in pullups at all times. Other children cannot be exposed to urine and I do not have the time to properly sanitize while supervising X amount of kids. Once their pullups are dry consistently for two weeks because they are going to the toilet I will have them here in undies and pants. If you want your child only in undies then you need to find a time where you are at home for a long amount of time such as a vacation to do that. Then when they come to me and have been dry in their pullups for two weeks here they can go into undies”.
Pretty much what I do as well, and it's in writing in my contract, yet I still have to go over this time, and time again with most parents.
My most recent termination was due to potty training, mom was well aware of my policy, but decided to ignore it and drop off DCK in cloth underwear
Mom2Two 11:35 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by Gemma:
Pretty much what I do as well, and it's in writing in my contract, yet I still have to go over this time, and time again with most parents.
My most recent termination was due to potty training, mom was well aware of my policy, but decided to ignore it and drop off DCK in cloth underwear
Boo to that parent!
Mom2Two 11:37 AM 06-03-2019
I don't potty train. If kids are doing well enough at home, they can come here in pull ups and I'll take them potty at regular intervals, such as 2 hours, but if that isn't getting anywhere, I won't even do that.

I charge a fee for underwear accidents.

If a kid is getting too big and the parent hasn't potty trained yet, I'll start saying something.
happymom 11:58 AM 06-03-2019
This parent is following the "oh crap potty training!" book and it has a section explaining to parents that they just need to tell their daycare provider what they need to be doing and basically put their foot down and the daycare provider will listen.

Has anyone here read this book?
I followed this method, and being a member here, felt like the author was a huge jerk with no respect towards daycare providers. I dunno, maybe it's not as bad as I remember it.

This is what she says on her website:
Originally Posted by :
*Daycare is not cooperating. *My daycare sucks. *My daycare won't take my child to the potty. *Any and all daycare problems. Seriously, no joke, read the Daycare chapter and I'm not saying that condescendingly. I used to think if a daycare didn't cooperate it would destroy the process. After working with hundreds and hundreds of families with difficult daycares, every bit of that chapter is tried and true. The biggest thing to remember is to meet your daycare half way. They do care for your child all day and I'm sure they are wonderful at it, even if they suck at potty training.

happymom 12:02 PM 06-03-2019
You can read more here:
http://www.jamieglowacki.com/the-mot...ked-questions/
Tags:parental responsibility, potty training
Reply Up