Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What is a Nice Way to Say This?
Unregistered 08:11 AM 07-09-2019
I had an interview over a week ago and they just got back to me saying they are definitely interested but still visiting other centers. What is a nice way for me to say that i have a lot of interviews for this spot and if you want it you should let me know asap? I dont want to be pushy but they are new parents and I dont think they know how quick infant spots go. I just dont want them to have a missed opportunity if they like me but i dont want them to rush their decision and decide later they want to enroll somewhere else. I like this family so I want them to choose me!
Blackcat31 08:18 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I had an interview over a week ago and they just got back to me saying they are definitely interested but still visiting other centers. What is a nice way for me to say that i have a lot of interviews for this spot and if you want it you should let me know asap? I dont want to be pushy but they are new parents and I dont think they know how quick infant spots go. I just dont want them to have a missed opportunity if they like me but i dont want them to rush their decision and decide later they want to enroll somewhere else. I like this family so I want them to choose me!
I usually e-mail prospective clients and say something along the lines of:

"Thank you for your interest in my program. After conducting several interviews I have decided to offer my infant space to you/your family.

However, since infant space is very difficult to find I will need a confirmation of whether or not you want the spot no later than xx/xx/19.
After that date, the space will be offered to the next interested candidate.

If you have any additional questions, concerns or comments please feel free to contact me. Thank you again for your interest in my program and I look forward to hearing from you soon!"

That way I am the one in charge of the time line in which I need to know by. I understand wanting to tour/interview other places but I don't want to wait around to fill my spaces so I just give them the last date I MUST know. HTH
springv 07:50 PM 07-10-2019
We usually do a follow up call if we don't know by a certain date
Jupadia 06:30 AM 07-11-2019
I just let parents know the spot is not theirs till I have a deposit in hand, that till then I'll be still showing the daycare and conducting interviews.
LostMyMarbles 07:55 AM 07-11-2019
I interviewed for an open spot a few weeks ago. I lost a great family due to job loss. I did phone interview and then narrowed it down to 2 families. I offered the spot to a family and they were “ finishing interviewing other places and would get back with me” . Welp, I got a call from another family and felt a great connection over the phone. We interviewed the next day and agreed on the spot we were a great fit. They enrolled on the spot. A week later the other family “got back to me”. I informed them due to their lack of correspondence, I found a better fitting family.

I would keep on interviewing. If you are in an area where you do not get a lot of calls, I would follow up with them and tell them that you were going to offer them the spa and would need an answer within 24 hours or you would need to offer it to the second family in line.

If you’re not desperate to fill the spot, I would forgo them, and keep on looking. It seems to me that they are just looking for something better.
Mom2Two 11:59 AM 07-11-2019
I would just say it and say it nicely. The way you wrote it does sound nice. Don't worry so much and just spit it out!
Tags:blackcat, new clients
Reply Up