Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mattress in Pack n Play
Sunchimes 07:28 PM 07-27-2019
I am legally unlicensed, but I try to keep to the rules. I have a 3 month old right now. He has a crib, but I like to put him in the pack n play in the living room with me when the big kids nap. I have a mattress made for the pnp, but I am not sure if I should put it in. I remember the rule about nothing in bed with a baby under a year, but I'm not sure if it applies to a mattress. I seem to have a vague niggling feeling that I have read something saying not to do it, but I'm not sure. I haven't done it yet, but I need to make a decision and get that mattress out of the office and into storage. Thanks.
springv 07:31 PM 07-27-2019
Move the crib into the room with the big kids and go from there. We have a crib in one of our classrooms because we are low on kids due to summer but come fall it will possibly change
Sunchimes 07:54 PM 07-27-2019
The big crib is in the room with the big kids. He takes his morning nap there. But, I use the pnp in the living room in the afternoon because his nap schedule is not the same as the big kids. He wakes up early, cries, and wakes up the big kids. The pnp works well, I'm just not sure if we are allowed to use a 2" thick mattress on top of the thin mat that came with it.
284878 05:20 AM 07-28-2019
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
The big crib is in the room with the big kids. He takes his morning nap there. But, I use the pnp in the living room in the afternoon because his nap schedule is not the same as the big kids. He wakes up early, cries, and wakes up the big kids. The pnp works well, I'm just not sure if we are allowed to use a 2" thick mattress on top of the thin mat that came with it.
Nothing else in the pnp except for a fitted sheet. All equipment should be used with original manufacturer items. The additional mattress is unnecessary and against manufacturer recommended use of pnp and against safe sleep practices.
Babies are little and their bodies do just fine on a thin mattress because of it.
Make sure you follow manufacturer instructions on assembly and use the mattress straps.
Sunchimes 06:16 AM 07-28-2019
Thank you. I was pretty sure it was like that. I had a mattress in it for a wobbler last year, but I wanted to double check before I hauled it to the attic. Just to be clear, I haven't used it for this baby.
Mom2Two 11:40 AM 07-30-2019
Doesn't your pnp come with a mattress already?

You can get fitted sheets on Amazon that are slightly quilted. I have never used them, but they look interesting.
Tags:crib rules, infant safety, mattress, pack n play, safe sleep
Reply Up