Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Website?
CountryRoads 06:20 AM 09-09-2019
Does anyone have a website? How did you create it? Does it come up when someone Googles "daycares in (your area)?"

I need to generate some business and I would like to try this route.

Thanks!
jenboo 07:58 AM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
Does anyone have a website? How did you create it? Does it come up when someone Googles "daycares in (your area)?"

I need to generate some business and I would like to try this route.

Thanks!
I create mine through wordpress. I buy my domain name on namecheap, my uncle hosts it for me and I design it.

Most people who Google me find me through Google places
Cat Herder 08:38 AM 09-09-2019
I had a really nice one from VistaPrint. It was easy to use and manage. It just rarely had any activity so I canceled it.

https://www.vistaprint.com/digital-m...ng&xnav=TopNav
Blackcat31 09:07 AM 09-09-2019
I have one. It's been the only way I generate interest outside of word of mouth. (I can PM you the address if you want to see mine)

I purchased my domain name but I originally started out with a free site on webs.com but quickly realized I wanted more than what "free" offered so I upgraded (less than $80 a year for it) and used my own domain name.

Like I said, I generate alot of interest via my website and the thing I like best about it is that I don't have to answer 101 questions from prospective clients because most the questions they have are found on my site so I easily direct them there when they call me. Easy peasy.

Here is a really helpful thread about websites ~how to's etc..
https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35323
Snowmom 09:31 AM 09-09-2019
I purchased my domain years ago through Go Daddy then transferred it to Namecheap (better prices).

I have my website designed and hosted through wix.com.
Super easy. I post a link to quite often in mommy groups, daycare search groups, etc. It gets a lot of traffic.
Michael 04:36 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have one. It's been the only way I generate interest outside of word of mouth. (I can PM you the address if you want to see mine)

I purchased my domain name but I originally started out with a free site on webs.com but quickly realized I wanted more than what "free" offered so I upgraded (less than $80 a year for it) and used my own domain name.

Like I said, I generate alot of interest via my website and the thing I like best about it is that I don't have to answer 101 questions from prospective clients because most the questions they have are found on my site so I easily direct them there when they call me. Easy peasy.

Here is a really helpful thread about websites ~how to's etc..
https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35323
I just read that thread again. It has a lot of helpful information but one thing that really stood out was that most of the websites that the daycare providers were posting for their businesses are no longer working!

I get that many don't stay in the business or since that time (2011), people may use Facebook or Twitter, but having some other business owning your content does not make sense to me. Daycare.com is a good example of how a website can be a huge help and addition to your business over the years. Its an asset.
LysesKids 10:38 AM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Michael:
I just read that thread again. It has a lot of helpful information but one thing that really stood out was that most of the websites that the daycare providers were posting for their businesses are no longer working!

I get that many don't stay in the business or since that time (2011), people may use Facebook or Twitter, but having some other business owning your content does not make sense to me. Daycare.com is a good example of how a website can be a huge help and addition to your business over the years. Its an asset.
I may have closed a year ago, but still own my .com for the next year. I figured that I may want to re-open after a break, so didn't want to lose the name
Unregistered 02:57 PM 09-14-2019
I think we see a ton of traffic through our website, you can easily set one up through Wordpress or you can hire someone from Upwork to set it up for you. There are other options you can use like Lead Pages- if you use lead pages to advertise ads for your business, they have an option to create a website, I think it is under $20 a month and everything is integrated and it can act as your CRM too. Social media is great, use it but creating an email list is the best way!
Unregistered 09:10 AM 09-19-2019
People find my Facebook through a Google search
Tags:website
Reply Up