Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Newbie here with questions..
momto3kitties 01:16 PM 04-11-2009
Hi, my name is Ashley. I am 20, married to Wayne, 24.

I have always wanted to have an in home daycare. My grandma raised me and that is what she did for 30 years of her life. I loved it. Loved helping and everything...

So a few months ago I started babysitting 3 girls. The one is 10 months, 2 years, and 8 years old. I love it and realize this is definitally what I want to do.

We currently rent out a house. Its huge. My landlord lives next door, and his daughter lives above us...The house is basically split in half. You would never know someone lives up stairs but they do. Its totally cut off. They have their own door and everything...

Anyway, I want to get licensed but not until DH and I rent/buy our own house with a yard and such. I am not even sure if you are allowed to be licensed and rent?

I came here for help with the girls I babysit because I am just getting started, and I am not sure if I am allowed to post here because I am not a provider..I just babysit (50 hours a week ).

Anyway...any advice on getting me started would be great. Thanks.
cadaycare 08:46 PM 04-13-2009
Hi Ashley -
I'm getting started myself, so I don't know much but I've done a lot of research. For one thing, each state had different laws. Next, I am in CA and one can run a small daycare out of a rented home. The number of children and their ages play a role in whether or not you have to get written permission from your landlord/property owner. Hope this helps a little.
momto3kitties 03:36 AM 04-14-2009
Originally Posted by cadaycare:
Hi Ashley -
I'm getting started myself, so I don't know much but I've done a lot of research. For one thing, each state had different laws. Next, I am in CA and one can run a small daycare out of a rented home. The number of children and their ages play a role in whether or not you have to get written permission from your landlord/property owner. Hope this helps a little.
thanks very much!
Reply Up