Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Update To My Post Below About PHB And Hours
MNmamaOf4 03:22 PM 07-06-2011
DC Grandma got her for pick up (they have custody of their granddaughter) and she said "Husband is wondering if you could open earlier? He has to haul grain and has to do two loads a day and the place closes earlier now and he's not able to get two loads in with your hours. If you could open earlier he'd pick her up earlier" I said what is earlier? And she said she'd call me back, so I'm waiting for a call back. I'm already open 10 hours a day. I don't want to open earlier but I also don't want to lose this family as I only have 2 families (1 kid each), so I can't afford to lose them. My husband is going to tell me to do whatever to accommodate them, but my other family is here from 8:00-5:30. I don't know what to do. I will not open any earlier than 7 and will not open before 7:30 during the school year because my DD gets on the bus at 7:10 and our mornings are hectic enough that I don't want DCK here while I'm trying to get her off to school. Also we live in a really small town (less than 200 people) and my husband is the Mayor, so I feel like I have to be very careful with everything I do regarding my business.

WWYD?
nannyde 04:00 PM 07-06-2011
You just have to tack on a HUGE fee to do it.

Tell her you can but it will be an additional ten dollars per every fifteen minutes or a dollar a minute. Just let you know when you want to start it. The fee is due for the SCHEDULED early arrival time... not whether or not they use it on a day to day. You need to be paid upfront for it and they can't come earlier than the scheduled time.

She needs to understand that this is OVERTIME for you so it has to be paid at a much higher rate than regular day care hours.
countrymom 04:15 AM 07-07-2011
the grain place opens here at 630am so I think your looking at those hours (I live in a farming community) I would charge and extra 10 dollars, also this must be temporary because you can only have so much grain, usually it lasts about 2 weeks. (our street gets flooded with tractors)
Meyou 04:31 AM 07-07-2011
I charge an extra fee for early arrivals. You can arrive up to 30 minutes before opening time IF you sign up for an early arrival option in the contract and pay an additional weekly fee that is due regardless if you use the early arrival every day or not. I require 2 weeks written notice to remove the early arrival option from the contract.
MNmamaOf4 04:56 AM 07-07-2011
Originally Posted by Meyou:
I charge an extra fee for early arrivals. You can arrive up to 30 minutes before opening time IF you sign up for an early arrival option in the contract and pay an additional weekly fee that is due regardless if you use the early arrival every day or not. I require 2 weeks written notice to remove the early arrival option from the contract.
How do you word this in your PHB? This sounds like something I may want to add as long as I'm updating it right now before I get more families.
Meyou 05:27 AM 07-07-2011
Replied to your PM.
Tags:custody, grandparents
Reply Up