Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cute Thank You Note Ideas
Oneluckymom 10:36 AM 10-18-2011
I wanted to write a thank you note to the new family that just enrolled their 4mo old...toooo cute!! I also have some Tobelerone (SP?) bars I'll be tying a ribbon on. But I was wondering (with all the bright minds on here) if any of you had any cute ideas as to how to word my "thank you for joining" note.

Also, off the topic here and Im pretty sure I know the answer, as far as licensing is concerned is it considered a "no-no" to put a light blanket over the baby while she is sleeping. The mom sends her baby in summer like clothing and the babies skin is cold and i wanted her to have a nice nap comfortably. Thanks
cheerfuldom 10:40 AM 10-18-2011
nothing in the pack n play or crib with baby, no blankets, no toys, no nothing. if she is cold, have mom bring warmer clothing. if she is not willing to do that, go get a few sleepers to change baby into before nap. do not send any of these daycare outfits home with her.

if you are not familiar with current sleep practices for baby, please read up on that!
Oneluckymom 11:12 AM 10-18-2011
thanks....exactly. I know its not safe and a risk with SIDS.
Oneluckymom 11:14 AM 10-18-2011
Actually, I am a mom too....so consider myself familiar with caring for infants.
Blackcat31 11:17 AM 10-18-2011
Originally Posted by Oneluckymom:
I wanted to write a thank you note to the new family that just enrolled their 4mo old...toooo cute!! I also have some Tobelerone (SP?) bars I'll be tying a ribbon on. But I was wondering (with all the bright minds on here) if any of you had any cute ideas as to how to word my "thank you for joining" note.
"Please enjoy this sweet treat for enrolling your sweet with me"
Oneluckymom 11:19 AM 10-18-2011
Thanks Blackcat.
Oneluckymom 11:22 AM 10-18-2011
Will tell mom to bring little pants tomorrow to slip on at nap times. My home tends to be a little cooler due to tile floors. No I have not used blankets in the PNP...just needed clarification on what I already knew was correct practice. This in case anyone else was considering posting on this topic.
daycare 11:31 AM 10-18-2011
pleASE BE aware that california has some crazy laws on infants...like no carseats in the house, no swings and more.

I would call your county health and saftey nurse to find out what you can and cant do.

Best of luck to you..

the note idea sounds cute. I have never said thank you to a family until after the two week trail is over.
KBCsMommy 11:54 AM 10-18-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
pleASE BE aware that california has some crazy laws on infants...like no carseats in the house, no swings and more.

I would call your county health and saftey nurse to find out what you can and cant do.

Best of luck to you..

the note idea sounds cute. I have never said thank you to a family until after the two week trail is over.
Sorry this is off topic but where can I find this info at about no car seats. At my orientation they said no bouncer seats and walkers but nothing about car seats. And Im not sure where to find all the other crazy info.

I just purchased a sleep sack for one of my littles. Im thinking about getting one for all of them with our California winter coming!!!
DCMom 12:08 PM 10-18-2011
Though I have nothing clever, I think it's a really cute idea and the parents will appreciate it.

With the baby, she needs more clothes on. I would not risk anything in that crib...there have been so many SIDS death lately, it's frightening.

I keep a few blanket sleepers here for babies that might need a little more covering when sleeping. They are cozy and comfortable and it's one less thing for me to worry about.
Christian Mother 12:20 PM 10-18-2011
Blanket sleeper are the best!! In AZ the weather is still really nice. Mornings are great..afternoons get warm still. Target has great sleepers that are heavy or light weight in the material. There about $20 for one.
Oneluckymom 12:47 PM 10-18-2011
Blanket sleepers are a great idea. I may pick some up if mom doesnt have any. That's a great idea. I used those with my own kids. Didn't know they were out yet.
MNmamaOf4 01:13 PM 10-20-2011
I use Halo Sleep Sacks, always used them for my own babies, so I've used them on daycare babies too because I have them in every size!
meganlavonnesmommy 05:56 PM 10-20-2011
Can you use the Halo sleep sacks? My licensing actually requires us to use them for all infants. Anytime they are sleeping, they must have it on, no excuses.
Tags:appreciation, cute, thank you - ideas
Reply Up