Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wisconsin Providers...
Heidi 12:31 PM 01-03-2012
How is everyone faring with Youngstar?

I know there are a lot of mixed feelings about the whole thing, so if anyone wants to talk about it in private, you are welcome to PM me. If you want to share your experience with the whole world, then share here...

I am currently a 2-star. I am not thriled with that, since I have years and years of experience and countles hours of continuing ed. Very little of it is "for credit", so I am not taking 2 classes every semester (online NWTC) so that I can be they only 3 star program in my county. woaw!
Heidi 07:28 PM 01-05-2012
I guess you're all to shy to answer this one?
Blackcat31 08:23 PM 01-05-2012
I know right... I was waiting to hear what the comments were too.

I am in MN and we are currently gearing up for our own statewide system of ratings and from what I heard, it is based on the same model Youngstar.
MyAngels 08:29 PM 01-05-2012
I'm in Illinois, and I just got my first notification from DCFS that they are thinking about mandating something similar here.

Of course, the way things work in Illinois, it will never get done, and if it does happen it will be because somebody got a kickback from somebody else .
Heidi 06:58 AM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I'm in Illinois, and I just got my first notification from DCFS that they are thinking about mandating something similar here.

Of course, the way things work in Illinois, it will never get done, and if it does happen it will be because somebody got a kickback from somebody else .
oh, that could neeeevveer happen here!
WImom 11:56 AM 01-06-2012
I am a 2 on Youngstar. It doesn't bother me though because I don't have any or plan to have any state paid clients. I'm also only preschool age. I haven't been asked once if I was a part of Youngstar from clients at interviews. I don't think the parents care.

It seems like alot of work.
Blackcat31 12:03 PM 01-06-2012
Just out of curiosity ladies, I have been reading alot about Scott Walker, I don't want to start a political debate, but am dying to know what residents of the state think of him and his practices/changes.

The media can alter and change what they want the public to know so I am only curious as to what actual people who live in Wisconsin think of the whole thing....
mismatchedsocks 12:05 PM 01-06-2012
I didnt see this until now. I am in WI and am a 5 star, however that is automatic because I am accredited, but i still had to go through the technical steps until right before the lady came out to do rating on me, because I was still waiting on accreditation paperwork.

I graduated from NWTC and still took classes last semester there as well for admin credential. I probably have seen your name!

I think the ratings are "below average" on what they consider for points. If I wasnt accredited I would get a 4 star since i didnt have a few trainings, and a couple other random things. I dont think education should have such a HIGH point value if you have been doing it for years, or have training..etc.

Anything in specific you can think of to talk about?? Im more then willing to share!
Tags:rating system, wisconsin, youngstar
Reply Up