Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need a Quick Idea!
Leanna 01:16 PM 02-12-2014
We are having a tea party for Valentine's Day on Friday afternoon. I ordered little Valentine plush bears as favors for the kids. Well, the box arrived today with...flags inside. I immediately called and they promised to overnight the right product but said that with the weather issues around the country I most likely would not receive them in time.

Aaaaahhhh! I need an idea for a relatively inexpensive, readily available Valentine-related party favor I can get in case the bears don't make it. (I can't do food/candy related items because of allergies). Thanks in advance for your help!!!!
jenboo 01:24 PM 02-12-2014
Im doing heart socks for the girls and tattoos for the boys.
i usually do the same for boys and girls, but valentines day is a hard one to do that with and bears/stuffed animals are not in my budget
Stepping 01:26 PM 02-12-2014
I saw a Pinterest craft where someone used up all their broken crayons and melted them into heart shaped molds. I'll see if I can find it.

Or maybe a small tub of play dough and a heart shaped cookie cutter?

Found the link:
http://cherishedbliss.com/2014/01/ma...d-crayons.html
Attached: How-to-Make-Heart-Shaped-Crayons.jpg (49.1 KB) 
CraftyMom 01:29 PM 02-12-2014
Do you have a Dollar Tree nearby? (or any dollar store) They have lots of valentine favors
kathiemarie 01:54 PM 02-12-2014
I'm doing home made play dough and heart shape cookie cutters I got from the $ store. Mine are 3 and under.
spud912 02:07 PM 02-12-2014
I've seen a lot of valentine plush toys at Wal-Mart for around $2 a piece. Maybe you can cancel the online order and go with that instead?

Otherwise, you can make valentine's playdough and give it to each child. I make the traditional "recipe," but with red food coloring, glitter and some rose-scented oil. You can package it nicely in jars or plastic tupperwear with a ribbon tied around the top and a dollar-store heart cookie cutter.
spud912 02:07 PM 02-12-2014
Originally Posted by kathiemarie:
I'm doing home made play dough and heart shape cookie cutters I got from the $ store. Mine are 3 and under.
I think you posted just before I hit post on mine
originalkat 02:09 PM 02-12-2014
I always run to the dollar store and get them each a heart shaped balloon. Festive, fun, and cheap!
kathiemarie 03:36 PM 02-12-2014
Originally Posted by spud912:
I think you posted just before I hit post on mine
Great minds.....
JLH 07:42 PM 02-12-2014
I found stuffed animals at our Fred Meyer for 1/2 off, so they were $1.99 each.
blandino 09:42 PM 02-12-2014
I do the heart shaped crayons every year, and they turn out fabulously.
Tags:valentines day ideas
Reply Up