Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Would You Disclose Closing?
Mom2TLE 03:04 PM 05-12-2015
I will be cutting back to just 2 part time families in January. I will be starting school and these 2 families are the only 2 that will work with my schedule.
I have a family that drives 10 minutes out of her way since dcb 7 was already enrolled in my elementary school when she divorced and moved to another town. She is trying to decide if she wants to continue to do the same next year when dcg4 starts kindergarten. I am the only daycare in the boundaries for this particular elementary school. I would hate to put her in the position come December for her to have to change school districts in the middle of the school year. I truly would not care if she pulled them before summer break, I took them on at a desperate time in January when I really needed kids, now I am clear full.
Would you tell mom fyi I won't be available after Christmas of this year or would you just give notice at the same time as everyone else in November?
kitykids3 04:54 PM 05-12-2015
If you really don't care that you risk her leaving now, then I would tell her now. Just as a courtesy to her and perhaps to help prevent dck having to change schools mid year as that could be rough for her.
Thriftylady 04:55 PM 05-12-2015
Originally Posted by kitykids3:
If you really don't care that you risk her leaving now, then I would tell her now. Just as a courtesy to her and perhaps to help prevent dck having to change schools mid year as that could be rough for her.
I agree if you don't mind her leaving tell her. Not sure I would tell the others yet though depending on situations.
KidGrind 12:13 AM 05-13-2015
I give notice at the same time as the other parents.
childcaremom 02:32 AM 05-13-2015
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
I give notice at the same time as the other parents.
I think you risk the chance of all families finding out if you give a head's up to one.

If you are concerned for her ability to find care, you could always let them go, without giving 'closing' as your reason.
Reply Up