Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Brightwheel
NillaWafers 08:43 AM 12-21-2016
How do you like it? I am so frustrated with KK at the moment I'm thinking of switching. I use daily connect for my daily sheets and this would replace it too.

Do you use the accounting portion? are you happy with it? Does it track expenses?
TXhomedaycare 09:58 AM 12-21-2016
I have been using Brightwheel for almost a year and I like it a lot. I don't use the accounting porton since it takes 2-3 days to get funds and the processing fee is higher than square (I now use Venmo for payments). The system is easy and my parents like it and we communicate through it well.
LittleScholars 12:03 PM 12-21-2016
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
How do you like it? I am so frustrated with KK at the moment I'm thinking of switching. I use daily connect for my daily sheets and this would replace it too.

Do you use the accounting portion? are you happy with it? Does it track expenses?
I prefer Brightwheel for billing (I only use the free option and I don't accept credit cards) and reports. I don't worry about reporting live. I report when I can with highlights.

Unlike kid kare, it doesn't have a full accounting section to track expenses. For that, I use Quickbooks self-employed. I recently signed up for the 30 day kid kare trial and it isn't user friendly enough for me. I like quickbooks because there is a nice app and it automatically tracks my mileage.
midaycare 12:20 PM 12-21-2016
I use Brightwheel and the free portion (no fees) for parents to deposit money. It does take 2-3 days, but they have to pay me by Monday of that week and I usually have the money by Wednesday.

I use MM for accounting.
Miss A 12:44 PM 12-21-2016
I love Brightwheel. I use it for billing (the free option), and my daily reports. The only thing k I wish I could customize more is the automatic invoices. I wish I could go in and pause the invoice plan when there is a holiday week or a rate change week. Instead I have to remove the current plan, send an individual invoice, and then make sure I remember to set up a new recurring payment plan again.

I use QuickBooks Self Employeed for LL my accounting, combined with an excel spreadsheet.
midaycare 01:16 PM 12-21-2016
Originally Posted by Miss A:
I love Brightwheel. I use it for billing (the free option), and my daily reports. The only thing k I wish I could customize more is the automatic invoices. I wish I could go in and pause the invoice plan when there is a holiday week or a rate change week. Instead I have to remove the current plan, send an individual invoice, and then make sure I remember to set up a new recurring payment plan again.

I use QuickBooks Self Employeed for LL my accounting, combined with an excel spreadsheet.
I literally just got an email that you can now pause an invoice
jenboo 03:04 PM 12-21-2016
I use the free portion. All but one parent pays through brightwheel. Since it takes 3 days to show in my account and payment is due on Fridays, all brightwheel payments must be made by wed.

I also tell parents that i try to update in real time but it doesn't always happen that way but it will be updated by pick up.
AmyKidsCo 06:48 PM 12-21-2016
Darn, I was wondering about Brightwheel too, but I'd want to use it for accounting and NOT parent payments. Guess I'll keep looking...
Miss A 08:57 AM 12-22-2016
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I literally just got an email that you can now pause an invoice
I Just got that same email this am! It's like their read my mind!
daycarediva 09:43 AM 12-22-2016
I like brightwheel. It's saving me a ton in ink since I still do daily sheets for every child in care. (Don't text/call/email, CHECK THE SHEET)

I am old fashioned paper and pencil for accounting. I love the calendar keeper from redleaf press. I will ALWAYS use that. It's so easy to customize, total, etc.

I use square for CC processing, and accept brightwheel (no cc's), checks and cash, too.
Tags:accounting, brightwheel
Reply Up